Remove Advertisements

New things you've noticed

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

New things you've noticed

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 am

Templar's Verdict has a new animation, at least on Human Male with a 2H. It doesn't use the standard special attack animation anymore... I don't have a video of it because my gaming box is not set up to capture video. Though I will say that, if you've played the Soul Calibur series, it kinda reminds me of Siegfried's Rook Splitter (66B).
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Re: New things you've noticed

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:38 pm

The Deeprun Tram is not running! :(
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:12 am

Watch out, Judgment of Justice puts your Judgment on cooldown for 25 days
Sabindeus

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Watch out, Judgment of Justice puts your Judgment on cooldown for 25 days

Sounds like that might screw up the rotation a tad...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Pallyana » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Mm..Another expansion another complete rewrite of how to play Paladins....

So I've looked though some of the new glyphs we have available and there are some fun ones..

Glyph of Consecration - Target Cons anywhere within 25 yards. Targetable Conc for pickups? Giant FU to stealthers? thx!

Glyph of Hammer of Wrath - Take 10% less damage for 10 seconds after use. Mm..execute that reduces incoming damage for those end of fight berserks

Minor glyphs dont' really do anything to "help" but they are pretty cool. All of them are NYI though, so I dunno how they look exactly.
Fire from heavens - When judgement or hammer of wrath crit, fire comes down form the sky. Hilarious.
Mounted Kings - Mounting a paladin mount automatically casts blessing of kings.
Bladed Judgement - Judgment graphic changes to sword or axe, depending on weapon.
Falling Avenger - Slowfall while avenger wrath is active. Our wings are functional now!
Rightous Retreat - During Divine Shield, hearthstone cast time reduced in half.... Hello Bubble-lawl, I missed you!

Other fun things...
Word of Glory is back to 1.5 sec cooldown...back to being super annoying in pvp!
Boundless Conviction - We now have 5 holy power. Not sure why they didn't just increase it as part of the system instead of adding this random passive buff.
Seal of Righteousness - 5% AoE damage from auto attacks all the time.

The base miss chance for boss mobs is now 7.5%, down from 8%.
Expertise works out as this... Dodge and Parry for Boss mobs is 7.5% each, up from 6.5% dodge and 14% parry.
For both of these though, it feels like it's much higher though. That or it seems like they removed the "always hit the target" attributes on our skills. at 0% hit, I was missing for far more than 7.5% compared to Cata, where I only missed every once in a while.
If you look at Spell hit, it's 15% for boss level mobs, which is a far cry higher than previously.

Concentration is only 1400 mana now.
There is no question you have divine shield up now as it's like a mini sun.
Blessing of might increases mastery by 5.
Sacred Shield is back, and it's pretty much like it was in ICC. Absorbs 5k every 6 seconds, lasts 30 seconds, boosts WoG by 30%
2k DPS Prot paladin.
Pallyana

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Not my SS, but apparently Theramore isn't the only place the horde is going to attack. From Lor'danel looking out to Teldrassil.

Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Pallyana wrote:If you look at Spell hit, it's 15% for boss level mobs, which is a far cry higher than previously.

currently it is 17%.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Pallyana » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Flex wrote:
Pallyana wrote:If you look at Spell hit, it's 15% for boss level mobs, which is a far cry higher than previously.

currently it is 17%.

Right. forgot about Touched by the Light which gives us +8% spell hit. There is no replacement for that particular tallent right now, so our spell hit goes 6%(85) 9%(86) 12%(87) 15%(88). Unfortunately, that means I can't hit a damn thing with my spells.
2k DPS Prot paladin.
Pallyana

Postby Flex » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Pallyana wrote:
Flex wrote:

currently it is 17%.

Right. forgot about Touched by the Light which gives us +8% spell hit. There is no replacement for that particular tallent right now, so our spell hit goes 6%(85) 9%(86) 12%(87) 15%(88). Unfortunately, that means I can't hit a damn thing with my spells.

and soft cap ping hit and expertise would cap spell hit, it all depends on how successful the active mitigation design works out.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Invisusira » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:45 am

halabar wrote:Not my SS, but apparently Theramore isn't the only place the horde is going to attack. From Lor'danel looking out to Teldrassil.

That makes me think of the WCII cinematic.
Invisusira

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:32 am

Invisusira wrote:
halabar wrote:Not my SS, but apparently Theramore isn't the only place the horde is going to attack. From Lor'danel looking out to Teldrassil.

That makes me think of the WCII cinematic.

ooh good call
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:51 am

Bit of a turnaround, since in Cataclysm it was the Night Elves blockading the Horde port.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nesnet » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Glyph of Hammer of Wrath - Take 10% less damage for 10 seconds after use. Mm..execute that reduces incoming damage for those end of fight berserks

Only bad news is that Hammer of Wrath is only available to Ret know.

Does anyone else feel like there is nothing to use holy power on now? Other than SotR and WOG or am I missing something?
Nesnet

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 am

ShoR, WoG, and two of the three level 45 talents.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:51 am

KysenMurrin wrote:ShoR, WoG, and two of the three level 45 talents.

1 actually,sacred shield is mana only now,so that leaves eternal flame
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta