Remove Advertisements

So who's in the beta?

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So who's in the beta?

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 am

Sabindeus wrote:Man I hope they open more servers, shit is going to be unplayable with this many people.

I have to imagine that they are using some sort of new servers, considering that the current servers will lag-crash if you put 2k people in SW or Org, and they are spreading 550k over 4 servers? With another ~700k-900k coming?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Treck » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 am

and yet thats about half :P
Treck

Postby Yelena » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Seems I finally won the Beta Invite Lottery. My Paladin is on Lost Isles, under the name of Scelera.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby CrimsonEyes » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I have something that looks like a Beta invite in my inbox. Haven't checked battle.net as I'm work, but when I get home......
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Arkesh » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Been playing my monk most of today and I think I'm in love. Hopefully it continues to be fun on the way to 85.

So whilst I'm waiting for my pala to transfer I can be found playing Yongbao on Mekkatorque.
Arkesh

Postby Treck » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Treckie - Mekkatorque (EU)
Treck

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Joedelta (1) & Susanowa (1) - Mekkatorque (EU)
charactercopy & premade queue is full :evil:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby rodos » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:43 am

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Man I hope they open more servers, shit is going to be unplayable with this many people.

I have to imagine that they are using some sort of new servers, considering that the current servers will lag-crash if you put 2k people in SW or Org, and they are spreading 550k over 4 servers? With another ~700k-900k coming?

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this might be a deliberate test of new "super servers". We still haven't heard what the "bold plans" for dealing with underpopuplated realms are. It could be server merges.
rodos

Postby Treck » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:44 am

What you can do is to create a new US trial account, and link it to you'r EU account, then copy premades from that account to the EU servers.
There were no que, and it was instant for me.
Now that means only premades, and no copy of character, but if it means instant, its well worth it :P
Treck

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:54 am

GENIUS! Thanks treck!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby poptart » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:38 am

poptart wrote:I also got my Beta invite last night.

Downloading client now at home and will hopefully get a toon or two xferred over this week to the Lost Isles server. If the names are not taken:

Bloodlights, Holy Paladin
Bloodmender, Holy Priest
Bloodmists, Mistweaver Panda

Poptart

So, Lost Isles was full and I ended up on the PvP Gilnes server.

However, I am getting a fatal error in the app every time I attempt to load a character. It does not matter if it is a new level 1 Panda or a level 85 copied over toon. The load screen loads, the scene opens up (in either Panda starting area or Org) I get about 2 seconds to see things and then the app crashes with the same error of "dividing by zero" taking place.

I have done a hard reboot of my system. The Beta client is fully downloaded.

Any suggestions?

Poptart
poptart

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:54 am

I had some wierdness, as apparently some of my character copies went to the trial account that's attached to my name (a hacker added it when I got hacked), but I could never log into it. Meanwhile, where I copied my toons (Lost Isles) wasn't responding, so I wound up trying to copy toons to other servers. Looks like they have 8-9 up, with KR, EU and US servers, but there might be more.

I was able to copy a toon to a EU server, but not the KR servers. I could however, create a toon on a KR server, and play it. Finally got onto Lost Isles later in the evening.

halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:56 am

poptart wrote:Any suggestions?

Poptart

Try a different server. If that doesn't work, check the forums. There are a lot of bug reports regarding crashes.

halabar

Postby Lieris » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Treck wrote:What you can do is to create a new US trial account, and link it to you'r EU account, then copy premades from that account to the EU servers.
There were no que, and it was instant for me.
Now that means only premades, and no copy of character, but if it means instant, its well worth it :P

This trick also works for PTR premades.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:35 pm

rodos wrote:
halabar wrote:

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this might be a deliberate test of new "super servers". We still haven't heard what the "bold plans" for dealing with underpopuplated realms are. It could be server merges.

I think it would revitalize the community quite a bit if they managed to increase the number of players a server can sustain and finally consolidated low population ones. I just hope they have a solution in the pipeline for the main thing that stops me from playing more: the incredibly prohibitive cost of transferring multiple alts through even one server change, in an environment where server changes are mandatory if you need to find a new guild that fits your progression/schedule needs.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta