Remove Advertisements

So who's in the beta?

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So who's in the beta?

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Worldie wrote:Suppose it's time to start a human monk

Not worth it, aside from just to see the movement. None of the questgivers have quests for you in the starting zone... although I didn't venture outside Northshire Abbey.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:07 pm

How do you peepz play without addons, this is terrible O_O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Is it safe to let Worldie in a Beta? .... Probably safer than Lightbeard, but still...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm in. Downloading client now.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arkesh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 pm

halabar wrote:Is it safe to let Worldie in a Beta? .... Probably safer than Lightbeard, but still...

Should be safe enough as long as you don't let him in your guild, we all know how that would end :P

So they're sending out another 100k invites, time to hold my breath again! Our first guildie got his invite today, so he's been rubbing our ears in it on TS all day. Thankfully I'm working all weekend so won't have time to do anything should I get an invite anyway.
Arkesh

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Worldie wrote:How do you peepz play without addons, this is terrible O_O

Copy your WTF over. I did and everything seems to be working just fine. Although tbh that might've just been the keybindings....
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby sfrog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I am - Ixi on Lost Isles
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Worldie wrote:How do you peepz play without addons, this is terrible O_O

Copy your WTF over. I did and everything seems to be working just fine. Although tbh that might've just been the keybindings....

Think they said keep addons completely disabled for the early part of the beta, to keep the bug reports clean.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby mavfin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Worldie wrote:Not so horray, copy is being extremely slow :<

It's mostly playable within the first five gigabytes. I was able to load my main character, piddle around a bit, and start a new panda in the new zone (and try a human monk... but none of the quests are hooked up in the human start zone AND the human looks completely idiotic doing the monk moves) all within the first 4-5 gigs of the download.

Night Elf works, Nika, if you just want to play with the class.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm

mavfin wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Worldie wrote:Not so horray, copy is being extremely slow :<

It's mostly playable within the first five gigabytes. I was able to load my main character, piddle around a bit, and start a new panda in the new zone (and try a human monk... but none of the quests are hooked up in the human start zone AND the human looks completely idiotic doing the monk moves) all within the first 4-5 gigs of the download.

Night Elf works, Nika, if you just want to play with the class.

Ah okay. Thank you. I mostly just wanted to see if I would be interested in a human monk judging by the animations. I can firmly say no to that for sure now. Night elf wouldn't hold any interest for me... and I'm constantly cooing over the panda females so I think I'll stick with a panda female for my monk.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Masanori » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm in.

Masanori, Paladin -- Lost Isles (US) Horde
Masuyo, Priest -- Lost Isles (US) Alliance

Various other toons, but they're the main ones. Really enjoying the changes so far on both.
Masanori
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Mavfin wrote:Night Elf works, Nika, if you just want to play with the class.

Ah okay. Thank you. I mostly just wanted to see if I would be interested in a human monk judging by the animations. I can firmly say no to that for sure now. Night elf wouldn't hold any interest for me... and I'm constantly cooing over the panda females so I think I'll stick with a panda female for my monk.

Fair enough. I'm actually avoiding the panda zone, after peeking at the first couple of quests, so I don't spoil it all for myself. I'm messing around with a belf monk just to play with the class a bit.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:34 pm

mavfin wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Mavfin wrote:Night Elf works, Nika, if you just want to play with the class.

Fair enough. I'm actually avoiding the panda zone, after peeking at the first couple of quests, so I don't spoil it all for myself. I'm messing around with a belf monk just to play with the class a bit.

Having done up to level 8 at Blizzcon I'm not that bothered by the first few levels... but overall I agree with you. I don't want to touch past what I already know because I'd rather experience it live.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:43 pm

From Bashlok, another 100K going out, so that's 300K total for last night, today, and tonight.

Bashlok wrote:We heard you like invites so we put an invite in your invite so you can beta while you beta.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 pm

mavfin wrote:From Bashlok, another 100K going out, so that's 300K total for last night, today, and tonight.

Bashlok wrote:We heard you like invites so we put an invite in your invite so you can beta while you beta.

Hmm... checked my stats, and turned out I didn't start until Dec 06, and didn't get the pass until Oct 21, so I'm likely still screwed for a while.

Oh well, time to go make more gold or something...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta