Pandaclysm and the other classes

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pandaclysm and the other classes

Postby djlar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:25 am

What? Rogue shadowstep works on friendly units? I didn't know that.. LOL.. it's kind of reverse life grip with 2 secs burst of speed for those long runbacks.. LOL (I never actually tried shadowstep on friendly targets on live so)
djlar

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 am

So does the new Combat Potency wording mean Combat rogues are no longer restricted to dagger offhands?

Combat Potency
Gives your successful off-hand melee attacks and Main Gauche attacks a chance to generate 15 Energy. Slower off-hand weapons have a proportionally higher chance to trigger Combat Potency.

Because, if so, I'll be leveling a rogue again.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Pandaren Rogue I bet...
djlar

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Nah. Worgen rogues have awesome stealth animations.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Flex wrote:Nah. Worgen rogues have awesome stealth animations.

+1

this also means there should be a decent selection of slow agi offhand
which makes my enh shammy happy
(iirc, windwalker monks also prefer dw while tanks want staffs....im prob wrong but anyway)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

monks tanks and melee are weapon agnostic, their offensive abilities are based on some sort of magic that takes in to count the weapon level, dps and stuff.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:03 pm

We won't know until the actual numbers are out, but dual wield tends to end up a little higher when the option's there for dps. For tanking, they'll probably wind up with polearms/staves by design, since to try and balance them means to risk Monks wanting to dual wield tank one handers.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:23 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:We won't know until the actual numbers are out, but dual wield tends to end up a little higher when the option's there for dps. For tanking, they'll probably wind up with polearms/staves by design, since to try and balance them means to risk Monks wanting to dual wield tank one handers.

hopefully they add armor or something to polearms/staves for guardians/brewmasters to make them tanking weapons
extra armor for kitties? wooooo QQ on pvp forums it will be the same armor as a mail user

that way you have 1hd weapons for windwalkers, enh shammies, and combat rogues
and 2hd for bears, brewmasters, and cats

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:33 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:We won't know until the actual numbers are out, but dual wield tends to end up a little higher when the option's there for dps. For tanking, they'll probably wind up with polearms/staves by design, since to try and balance them means to risk Monks wanting to dual wield tank one handers.

I really hope that I can do either dw tank or staff tank (I could care less about polearms.)

And an easy fix would be to do like caster weapons and make tank weapons MH only.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Their tanking weapons for 1H would be hit/mastery haste/mastery Agi one handers wouldn't they?
Flex

Postby Jaitee » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Flex wrote:Their tanking weapons for 1H would be hit/mastery haste/mastery Agi one handers wouldn't they?

depends upon how good parry and dodge end up being for them if dodge/parry are really really amazing then it might be worth the loss of agility to get a str weapon with them stats but more then likely they will use agility weapons
Jaitee

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:39 am

Dodge/Mastery weapons could end up being desirable. Don't know if they can use Parry rating. And the chances are there will be tiers with Crit/Haste agility weapons instead of more favourable ones.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 am

KysenMurrin wrote:And the chances are there will be tiers with Crit/Haste agility weapons instead of more favourable ones.

In which case we'd have to determine if keeping our current hit(haste?)/mastery agi weap is better than swapping for a dodge/mastery str weap. I imagine all of that will get sim'd out once the beta changes calm down a bit, or even once live hits.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:03 am

i have a feeling that rather then try to balance DW tanking again, they will just make it so all non shield tanks use 2hd weapons
they put the cabbosh on DK DW tanking so i doubt they want to reopen that can of worms

do what they did in cata with druids, make agil give you dodge, no parry ability and a 2hd only agi enchant that far exceeds any other?
abd how they stopped DW UH was make abilities only count weapon damage, not a % of OH as well

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:31 am

bldavis wrote:do what they did in cata with druids, make agil give you dodge, no parry ability and a 2hd only agi enchant that far exceeds any other?

That wasn't a fix to druids though, that was a bone to hunters who couldn't gain benefit from proc weapon enchants. Druids have never been able to dualwield - that the band-aid for hunters was superior for druids is an unintended consequence I am sure - I doubt very much if there will be a huge agi enchant for 2h'ers in mop, seeing as hunters no longer use 2h'ers, and it isn't needed to balance them. Druids will most likely be relegated to the proc weapon enchants like the other melee classes.

That will lead to a need to look closely at monk tanks so they don't get an unbalanced benefit from dual proc enchants.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta