Remove Advertisements

Pandaclysm and the other classes

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pandaclysm and the other classes

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:41 pm

I haven't played my hunter much recently, but I always hated Spine ebcause the pet would CONSTANTLY get insta-gibbed. Maybe they have since fixed it, but any fight in which the pet can be insta-gibbed is brutal on BM. The pet does ~40% of my damage when its up AND it makes certain of my abilities available (rolling haste, etc). So when the pet dies, I prolly lose almost 60% of my total output until I can res it...

Having the pet run aimlessly back and forth between adds/targets stinks too, again no pet dps for upto several CDs and loss of certain abilities until the pet re-acquires a target.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Chicken » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:00 am

Chicken wrote:So yeah, destruction is a mess right now.
Turns out that's because Chaotic Energy is erroneously increasing the mana cost of Incinerate.
Chicken

Postby Fenris » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:51 am

Some more thought on my hunter

1-Frenzy seems to have some kind of problem....It feels like it takes way longer to stack,and often the stack falls before reaching max (=> focus fire uptime suffering)
2-Lvl 75 talents...I guess they still need a heavy number pass on those...Lynx rush is the lower damage one (going by my test,even using it while under BW) yet has the longer cd.Call beast seems to be lower damage than Murder of crows too sincecrows do less damage than the beast,but there are multiple ones and murder lasts longer [24 with 2 call beast vs 30 with a murder every minute].Focus regen is nice i guess,even if with 2 each hit i don't see it having a great effect.MoC seems to be the top damage one,unless there is something funny in the crow/pet damage scaling with level ups/better equip
3-Focus vs readiness...Not sure what to pick as BM...
Last edited by Fenris on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:57 am

The new beta build has Frenzy increased to 30 seconds from 20, might help.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:02 am

KysenMurrin wrote:The new beta build has Frenzy increased to 30 seconds from 20, might help.

Yes...But still,focus fire lasts only 20s.
If frenzy takes more than that to reach 5 stack,the downtime will still be there
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 am

Fenris wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:The new beta build has Frenzy increased to 30 seconds from 20, might help.

Yes...But still,focus fire lasts only 20s.
If frenzy takes more than that to reach 5 stack,the downtime will still be there

I haven't had a chance to test that yet, but it's likely half-done in this beta build, since the tooltips don't quite make sense. Not sure if they are trying to buff it or nerf it.

Since pet talents aren't in right now, it might be hard to test anyway.

In other hunter news, it appears hunters did get shafted on their stat sticks. The early blue post a month or two ago (I think it was GC) said that the stats on the stat-sticks would be added to the ranged weapons.

That isn't the case. The base weapon dps of any ranged weapon has been doubled, but that's to compensate for the 50% nerf to the coefficients of any spell built upon weapon dps. So, while autoshot damage is still higher, hunters are loosing the benefit of all the stats that were on the stat sticks (agi, stam, and hit/crit/haste/mastery), along with the loss of the enchant (130 agi). The current MoP blue scopes are likely weaker than the Woodchucker.

That's a significant nerf.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:16 am

halabar wrote:The base weapon dps of any ranged weapon has been doubled

That's every weapon in the game at least level 85 and up.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 am

What do Rogues think of the latest changes? Pretty big thing for them, I think, getting an AoE combo point rotation.

Crimson Tempest Finishing move consumes combo points on any nearby target to slash at the flesh of all enemies within 8 yards, dealing Physical damage and causing victims to bleed and suffer an additional 30% of the initial damage over 12 sec: [snip numbers] 5 yd range, 35 Energy, Instant
Fan of Knives now generates 1 combo point if it strikes your current combo target.

I find it pretty interesting; on the one hand, it means you've likely got a ramp up for real big AoE now, on the other, it's a full AoE rotation and not just one spammable attack, so more engaging.

The one thing that I'm not sure on is giving all three specs the exact same AoE. Might be small differences because of various spec abilities (Combat will use Blade Flurry and single target rotation on small groups, for one), but for the most part, all Rogues will AoE the same way... It means if you don't like the AoE in one spec you can't get a different style in another. (This is the same reason I dislike them making Deep Freeze and Shatter baseline for Mages.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:38 am

Still not happy Rogue finishers are not weapon damage based.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Zalaria » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 am

re: hunter stats
Your damage output will be balanced around your expected stats, not your stats compared to another class. It doesn't matter if the rogue has 5 million more agility, you'll be balanced in the same ballpark for overall dps. The only real loss worth complaining about is losing a slot to get things like Hit and Expertise.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:34 am

Zalaria wrote:re: hunter stats
Your damage output will be balanced around your expected stats, not your stats compared to another class. It doesn't matter if the rogue has 5 million more agility, you'll be balanced in the same ballpark for overall dps. The only real loss worth complaining about is losing a slot to get things like Hit and Expertise.

this is something alot of us are forgetting
as long as we are basically balanced as far as dps, does it matter how our stats are?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:49 am

Zalaria wrote:re: hunter stats

That was part of my point, and the other part being that they didn't do what they said they were going to. But as you say, if it's balanced correctly, it's not an issue.

But can't do testing until pets get fixed anyway. (No, not that kind of fixing.. )
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Yelena » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 am

Hmm... Warriors get an AoE Unrelenting Force on a minute cooldown, not to mention their other toys. Glyph of AoE Throwdown will pretty much be relegated to "who cares" status. All things considered, it's really no question as to who is going to be the preferred RBG Flag Carrier (again).

As if you didn't already have to be mindful of Elemental Shaman & Balance Druids at Lumber Mill, now you'll have to watch out for Warriors as well. Should make things interesting/amusing. Edit: The knockback is like two feet, so yeah, hardly noticeable. That said, you wouldn't take the ability for the knockback, but rather for the knockdown; since, unless Blizzard changed it (doubtful), you can't trinket knockdown effects. That's the main reason Throwdown was so obnoxious, you couldn't even trinket the first 3 seconds of it.

Fus ro dah! <-- Blizzard should get permission from Bethesda to use that for Dragon Roar, along with the associated thunder clap sound.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 am

Yelena wrote:Hmm... Warriors get an AoE Unrelenting Force on a minute cooldown, not to mention their other toys. Glyph of AoE Throwdown will pretty much be relegated to "who cares" status. All things considered, it's really no question as to who is going to be the preferred RBG Flag Carrier (again).

Wouldn't doing anything else basically require either a complete gutting of one of the major aspects of the warrior toolbox or giving some of the items to classes that already have other stuff that 'should' balance them out across the various other niche parts of the game?
benebarba

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am

We agree with you that the redesigned Black Arrow hasn't worked out well yet, and even overlaps a little with the new Powershot talent. We are likely to revert Black Arrow to the 4.3 design.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta