Remove Advertisements

Pandaclysm and the other classes

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Pandaclysm and the other classes

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 am

Post the rants and whatnot about changes to the other classes here...

--------

So looking at the hunter changes sofar, there's nothing really big, except for stampede. Overall it seems quite lackluster and lacking in direction. In taking out or normalizing a lot of the no-brainer talents, the seem to have taken out a lot of the flavor, esp for MM or SV.

Looking at the spell changes with a few of the glyphs, BM might be in a better place in Panda, at least in the first tier (will get nerfed in the second tier). And it is nice that some of the scaling issues should be fixed, as many of the buffs are changing to percentages instead of fixed amounts.

But overall... eh.. not bad. Holding out judgement until we see how strong Stampede is, and what they do to pets.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Re: Pandaclysm and the other classes

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Hunters: There's a bug on beta now where you can summon your pet while he's already out, generating an infinite army of pets. It's ridiculous.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 am

Sabindeus wrote:Re: Hunters: There's a bug on beta now where you can summon your pet while he's already out, generating an infinite army of pets. It's ridiculous.

Need my beta!!! want to take SS's with that!!!!

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Re: Hunters: There's a bug on beta now where you can summon your pet while he's already out, generating an infinite army of pets. It's ridiculous.

Need my beta!!! want to take SS's with that!!!!

You know I'm a moron I was in End Time last night with a Infinite Spirit Beast hunter and I didn't take a single god damn screenshot
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:20 am

As you know Bob, I'm all about the Enhance Shaman stuff.

If you break it down it seems like Shaman are getting lots of things they need:

- Astral Shift damage reduction cooldown
- Stun
- Sprint (Enhance)
- Ascendance burst cooldown (Shaman have never had a real big cooldown)
- Fire Elemental stacks Searing Flames
- Elementals getting some love with the 90 talent to make them more powerful.

But despite all that, I look at the Shaman tree and spec in MoP, compare it to other classes, and... well, it's just boring.

- The playstyles will barely change from Cataclysm.
- A lot of new totems are reworks of old ones or glyphs into new cooldown spells
- The other two level 90 spells are one that makes Unleash Elements more powerful, and one that is a lot like Unleash Elements itself, but with a cast time.

It just feels like there are no new ideas in the Shaman class this time around. Some of the stuff that's actually new doesn't seem to have been made with Enhancement in mind (Elemental Blast, Elemental Mastery, Ancestral Swiftness - and though new, they're pretty boring in themselves, Haste buffs and a plain direct nuke).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It just feels like there are no new ideas in the Shaman class this time around. Some of the stuff that's actually new doesn't seem to have been made with Enhancement in mind (Elemental Blast, Elemental Mastery, Ancestral Swiftness - and though new, they're pretty boring in themselves, Haste buffs and a plain direct nuke).

Yeah, that's how it is for hunters, we gots, stampede, but not a lot else. Rest is fixes.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 am

I dunno, I thought your level 90 talents looked pretty nice. Looks like you don't have a level 87 spell yet?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:49 am

Does enhancement or any hunter spec need change for changes sake? Refining what plays pretty good now isn't a bad thing. From my own Survival playing that doesn't need much of a change in play style, I am always doing something.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 am

IMO Enhance needs a proper AoE rotation different from the current one (Fire Nova as much as possible but otherwise maintain single target). I would have liked to see more creative stuff in the high talents, exciting new abilities like a lot of other classes have - don't even have to be strictly dps ones. And some cooldowns on the 60 tier that aren't bloody Haste.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:45 am

I'm not certain how the enhancement aoe situation is worse, if at all, than most other melee classes.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 am

Flex wrote:Does enhancement or any hunter spec need change for changes sake? Refining what plays pretty good now isn't a bad thing. From my own Survival playing that doesn't need much of a change in play style, I am always doing something.

Yeah, mostly agree with this. We already have plenty of different buttons to press as it is, and the playstyle is quite fun compared to the others I've tried. I kinda like the Nova-Aoe as well - it's certainly way better than trying to fight the crappy UI for placing Wild Mushrooms!

It'd be nice to have a proper "DPS burst" cooldown (though having the Fire Elemental stacking Searing will certainly help) - our only one right now is the dogs, and that doesn't move the meter all that much unless you Tol'vir right before it.

I'm just worried that removing the "passive totem buffs" is going to make Enhance never really use the non-fire totems at all, ever. Too much overhead trying to remember to drop the Healing Stream every 30 - that's just a pain...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Flex wrote:I'm not certain how the enhancement aoe situation is worse, if at all, than most other melee classes.

Well as an example, Retribution in MoP hits entirely different buttons to do AoE damage versus Single Target. The rotation itself though is actually pretty much the same. (i.e. SoV, CS x3, TV vs SoR, HotR x3, DS)
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Flex wrote:Does enhancement or any hunter spec need change for changes sake? Refining what plays pretty good now isn't a bad thing. From my own Survival playing that doesn't need much of a change in play style, I am always doing something.

BM needs raid viable AOE. Worms do not cut it.

I also forse some AOE problems for hunters with the removal of min range, as we'll have to stack even tighter, and Multi doesn't really work on targets to our side or behind us.

halabar

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:27 pm

im happy with enh
warrior aoe - bladestorm or sweeping strikes/t-clapping to spread rend
druid aoe - spam swipe? boring and fine for burst, if anything i would like the energy cost reduced a little (this is cat aoe, bears are a little better)
retadin - divine storm, holy wrath and cons....am i missing anything?
dk - D&D, pest, and if frost howling blast (idr UH aoe...other then pest and D&D)
rogue - FoK or bladeflurry if combat?

most of these involve maintaining single target rotation while waiting for aoe to come off cd
so how is that different then flame shock, lavalash, fire nova....fire nova...OOO Malestromx5 CHAIN LIGHTNING fire nova

im happy with where enh aoe is now

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Ret now gets Hammer of the Righteous as AoE HP builder and Divine Storm as finisher.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta