Remove Advertisements

Brewmaster info and impressions, esp. Pandaren

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Brewmaster info and impressions, esp. Pandaren

Postby econ21 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:16 am

Is anyone trying a Brewmaster? Especially a Pandaren one? If so, what are they like? How does the class compare in feel to a tankadin? What's it like playing a Pandaren compared to watching Jack Black's alter ego attempt martial arts?

I'm interested in rolling one in due course, but am a little cautious after I had to abandon my Worgen in Cataclysm after his snuffling became insufferable. If Pandaren emote and screech like those cute little Pandaren pets, I foresee a similarly brief attachment.
econ21

Re: Brewmaster info and impressions, esp. Pandaren

Postby Treck » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 am

Brewmaster?
Treck

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:40 am

Treck wrote:Brewmaster?

Monk's tank spec.

Not on Beta, thus I can't comment, sadly :-/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:54 am

econ21 wrote:Is anyone trying a Brewmaster? Especially a Pandaren one? If so, what are they like? How does the class compare in feel to a tankadin? What's it like playing a Pandaren compared to watching Jack Black's alter ego attempt martial arts?

I'm interested in rolling one in due course, but am a little cautious after I had to abandon my Worgen in Cataclysm after his snuffling became insufferable. If Pandaren emote and screech like those cute little Pandaren pets, I foresee a similarly brief attachment.

It's exactly like playing a Rogue. (This is from like a whole 3 levels last night so take with grain of salt.)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby CrimsonEyes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:21 pm

I'm very interested in the Brewmaster spec (no Beta invite yet, but I am in the Annual pass, so it's a matter of time), so much so that I'm considering main-switching from Tankadin to Brewmaster for Mists. So, any information here will be very relevant to my interests.

I don't have to worry about the Panda thing, as I'll continue to be a belf. They ARE the prettiest princesses, after all.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Jheherrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:02 am

Working on getting my 3rd Monk to lvl 10 at the moment.
Going to try and level them together (Healer, dps and tank) at least till about lvl 30 or so.
At least running through the starter zone is pretty fast (hour or so).

Watching a female pandaren is like watching two beach balls trying to escape from a pair of pants.
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 am

Jheherrin wrote:Watching a female pandaren is like watching two beach balls trying to escape from a pair of pants.

o_O
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Kelaan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am

Well, we know what Sir Mixalot will play. :D
Kelaan

Postby Jheherrin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:08 am

Gah, that was the worst starter zone ever.
There are no monk class quests in the Gnome starter zone (and i'm assuming the same will be true for any non pandaren monk).
Working your way up to lvl 6 (enough to get the first quests in Kharanos) was just tedious until I realised that this is beta, All the rare mobs should be up. so, 4 kills and 4 levels later...... :)

So, until they implement the monk quests in other starter zones, use heirlooms and look for the rare, high xp mobs.

Seems like there are no real tanking tools till lvl 18, should have some first hand xp tonight.
Jheherrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:28 am

There's only 1 class specific quest in each starting zone anyway - attack target dummy with your level 3 skill. Was it also blocking you from getting other stuff?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jheherrin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:13 am

Yes, it blocked other stuff.
If you do the Gnomeregan starter zone as a monk, you get the 3 or 4 quests inside Gnomeregan, which are about 10xp each.
Once you exit Gnomeregan, you get nothing at all until you pass the guy at the gate on the way to Kharanos.
All the quests outside Gnomeregan, those in Brewnall village and the ones in Frostmane hold are all not working.
Jheherrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Looks like Ghostcrawler is starting to post on the forums again. He's barely done that since they started up the blog.

He answered a thread on Brewmaster issues, not much, but the comment on Dizzying Haze seems relevant to bring up:
Dizzying Haze -- We increased the threat and lowered the energy. We're not crazy about making it do damage because then it risks competing with other Brewmaster abilities. We really don't want Dizzying Haze used rotationaly on single-targets. We also run into whether or not the ability should break CC if it does damage.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby towelliee » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:02 pm

I haven't tanked on mine since Thursday but Ox stance threat seems completely broken. I just got my version of Power Word Shield costs 2 chi and absorbs 1.2k dmg at level 26.

AOE tanking it fun but it takes time to Rev up. Have to build 3 stacks of Drunken Haze or Dizzying now whatever it is called and use breath of fire. Does insane AOE dmg. Animations make the tanking for fun for me. I guess I have way to go before 90
towelliee

Postby Jheherrin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 am

My Windwalker has overtaken my Brewmaster at the moment, but it has raised a few questions.

The taunt ability is available to all 3 monk sub classes. I found it a bit wierd having a taunt on a dps, although I should be used to it since enhance shammies also have a taunt.

Pulling threat from the tanks is too easy at the moment, although it is understandable having seen towelliee's comment about Ox stance threat possibly being broken.
Jheherrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 am

Jheherrin wrote:The taunt ability is available to all 3 monk sub classes. I found it a bit wierd having a taunt on a dps, although I should be used to it since enhance shammies also have a taunt.

Isn't that true for every tank class?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta