Remove Advertisements

Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby towelliee » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 am

I am definitely loving the lowered CD or Consecration and Holy Wrath. I am 100% glad I don't have to see any major procs to do some real dmg.

So since we don't have Inquisition does anyone else feel that glyphed WOG for 10% more dmg for 6 seconds is useful for AOE tanking? Or is 6 seconds not enough. I find myself able to get in Cons and HW for some decent dmg.
towelliee

Postby theckhd » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 am

Hard to say, I've only done the first couple quests as prot so far, but I'd expect that if you have 3+ mobs WoG with glyph would out-DPS SotR.

That said, questing with Divine Purpose is a little crazy. SotR damage is too high baseline, so glyphed it's our hardest-hitting ability (~16k hit, 25+ crit). With one or two DP procs, you can end up hitting 4 SotRs in a row, off-GCD, in-between your GCD-based attacks. And GC has already said our damage is about 50% of where it should be while soloing. /boggle

Anyway, I plan on spending some of the afternoon on beta leveling and doing a few instances, if anyone will be around.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 am

Y u all be american??? :(

I want to run istances in the beta too.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Masanori » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 am

I'd be down for healing some dungeons - Masuyo on Lost Isles.
Masanori
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 am

Worldie wrote:Y u all be american??? :(

I want to run istances in the beta too.

I no has beta, so dont whine ;(
Treck

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 am

Divine punishment Treck :P ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Juugimus » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:36 am

I'll be on the beta this afternoon. I'm using a friend's beta account so I just have a premade. Name is Juug on Lost Isles.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm on the EU servers as well, Worldie, maybe we could use this topic to warn when we got an hour or two to burn on the beta?

Haven't copied an 85 yet though :-/

Also, I'm getting errors while copying the character, after choosing the realm. Tried cleaning up the mailbox, logging off then try again, still no luck. Anyone got out of it?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 am

amgods wtb addons.

Oh, and I died upon logging in......I fell to my death cause my mount wasn't there under me.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Skiddles » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:59 am

theckhd wrote:And GC has already said our damage is about 50% of where it should be while soloing. /boggle

I must have missed this. I know GC indicated that Prot Warrior damage was 1/2 what it should be (and I agree after running on my Prot Warrior in beta), and that tank damage/threat was low across the board in beta, but I don't recall any general comments that all beta tanks are currently putting out half their expected damage. I thought the damage felt about right playing my Prot Pally on beta, but if we're only at half what they want, then, well /BOGGLE indeed.

Did anyone else in beta have their character window Block increase when transitioning from 85 to 86? Maybe I missed a memo somewhere, or there could be a bug in the character window. In the exact same gear set, I went from 23.68 Mastery / 42.46 Block at level 85 (per character window), to 19.96 Mastery / 47.91 Block at level 86. I saw the exact same pattern with my Prot Warrior (i.e., block went up with the level up). I was expecting the opposite, and am assuming the character window is bugged.
Skiddles

Postby Kerriodos » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

I made a post regarding tank balance on the beta forums. I totally understand that the current state of affairs is in no way indicative of how things will be when 5.0 goes live, but I'm of the impression that some discussion is better than none, so I would love it if people chimed in where we can be sure the devs are watching!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4362516260#1
Kerriodos

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 pm

theckhd wrote:That said, questing with Divine Purpose is a little crazy. SotR damage is too high baseline, so glyphed it's our hardest-hitting ability (~16k hit, 25+ crit). With one or two DP procs, you can end up hitting 4 SotRs in a row, off-GCD, in-between your GCD-based attacks. And GC has already said our damage is about 50% of where it should be while soloing. /boggle

Wait what??? When I was playing around in the new dungeon my SotR was hitting for jack shit... like 10k max. As Ret my Templar's Verdicts and Exorcisms are critting for 40K+

edit: Just read what the glyph does... now it makes more sense.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah, it's sort of nuts. Take a look at the jade temple parse I put in the other thread.

That said, the glyph makes a lot of sense to me. Glyph SotR for leveling, where you don't really need the block but do want the higher DPS. Then unglyph it for raiding. I like it, it's a way to give us a DPS holy power finisher without giving us another ability, and without giving us too much versatility (Knaughty has pointed out in the past that being able to go from full-on survival mode to full-on DPS mode by choosing different spells can be a balance problem if the delta on those changes is too high).
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 pm

I don't really think it's nuts. It severely pales in comparison to the damage I'm getting with Ret.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Sabindeus wrote:I don't really think it's nuts. It severely pales in comparison to the damage I'm getting with Ret.

Well, right, but tank damage is about half of what it should be right now. SotR damage (when glyphed) is nuts compared to what our other abilities hit for.
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta