Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Some skills are... missing.

It's still an early beta, have patience.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 pm

No GoAK! Hope that one is a major oversight, or I am just somehow missing it in my spell book.

It's missing from the spellbook but it's still in the game

If you macro

/showtooltip Guardian of ancient kings
/Cast Guardian of ancient kings

It will work
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Beaug » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:49 am

Fenris wrote:It's missing from the spellbook but it's still in the game

If you macro

/showtooltip Guardian of ancient kings
/Cast Guardian of ancient kings

It will work

Works great, thanks!
Beaug

Postby stevos » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:31 am

Looking over this post and i see no mention of crusader strike no longer applying weakened blow debuff.

I assume therefore that we need to use hammer to maintain the debuff, so alternating between the 2. Which gives us something else to monitor which i think is a good thing.
stevos

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 am

Yeah, you'd just swap a HotR for a CS every 30 or 45 (glyphed) seconds.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Beaug » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:29 am

Beaug wrote:Probably a tooltip error which I haven't time to validate, but currently the tooltip for expertise reads "Reduces chance to be dodged or parried by XX%" and reads as if you reduce the 7.5% dodge and 7.5% parry chance at the same rate, not parry after dodge like I thought was the intent. i.e., at 7.5% expertise, the tooltip reads that the dodge chance and parry chance are both 0%

Just verified that lvl 85 training dummy can still parry my auto attacks even when this tooltip says parry chance is 0%, so tooltip error.
Beaug

Postby Masanori » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 am

I've voiced a lot of my concerns in the beta feedback forum which I feel also reflect what has been touched on here. Protection feels okay in it's unfinished state, but now is the time to speak up to let Blizzard know. :)
Masanori
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:18 am

Those who've levelled on the beta, is Stamina scaling staying at 14 health per stamina?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby theckhd » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 am

Nesnet wrote:Also to note, Theck, as you were doing your rotation, I noticed you did not use HotR which "applies the weakened blows (reduces damage by 10% for 30 sec)" I would think that would have to be in the rotation, almost at the start, since you also have the glyph of HotR which increases the debuff to 45 secs?

If you're talking about the math I did on the previous page, HotR is irrelevant. You replace a CS with it every so often, but it still generates HP just like CS does.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Beaug » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Those who've levelled on the beta, is Stamina scaling staying at 14 health per stamina?

124,914 +health/8,941 stam = 13.97 health/stam, so looks like it.
Beaug

Postby Sludgehamer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:15 pm

For the new talents for Mop I picked "Long arm of the law" because we use judgement a lot unless that changes that's what I would choose. Then I picked "Fists of Justice" because I personally like being able to beat the crap out of someone without them moving or anyting. Then I decided on "Sacred Shield" because that just seems like the better one over the others imo. I like "unbreakable spirt" because we use holy power a lot and unless that changes I see that being the better one. "Holy Avenger" looks pretty awesome, I mean I get to destroy them when I'm taking less damage thank you. "Light's Hammer" just seems like a consecration on steroids so I really like it. Some are better then other imo but I have a feeling they are going to make boss fights around these new talents. I also made a video over them youtube.com/watch?v=2U3sbQ2lDP8

Tell me what you guys think about the new talents, you don't have to be protection. Do you like the whole situational talents vs the best in slot talent tree?
Sludgehamer

Postby Jaitee » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:00 pm

Sludgehamer wrote:For the new talents for Mop I picked "Long arm of the law" because we use judgement a lot unless that changes that's what I would choose. Then I picked "Fists of Justice" because I personally like being able to beat the crap out of someone without them moving or anyting. Then I decided on "Sacred Shield" because that just seems like the better one over the others imo. I like "unbreakable spirt" because we use holy power a lot and unless that changes I see that being the better one. "Holy Avenger" looks pretty awesome, I mean I get to destroy them when I'm taking less damage thank you. "Light's Hammer" just seems like a consecration on steroids so I really like it. Some are better then other imo but I have a feeling they are going to make boss fights around these new talents. I also made a video over them youtube.com/watch?v=2U3sbQ2lDP8

Tell me what you guys think about the new talents, you don't have to be protection. Do you like the whole situational talents vs the best in slot talent tree?

i like the sound of lights prism for add fights cast it on whichever healer is pulling the most threat as the adds run towards them lights prism AoEs them and they divert to you! or cast it on an enemy for some single target damage its also only got a 20 second CD so might even end up being worthwhile to use as part of our standard rotation
Jaitee

Postby Sludgehamer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:17 pm

i like the sound of lights prism for add fights cast it on whichever healer is pulling the most threat as the adds run towards them lights prism AoEs them and they divert to you! or cast it on an enemy for some single target damage its also only got a 20 second CD so might even end up being worthwhile to use as part of our standard rotation

I'm assuming you are talking about Holy Prism. Until we are into the beta I wouldn't know if this will cause threat or if it does will it count as damage the tank is doing or since it's casted on a healer will it be counted as the healers damage which would have the opposite effect, but I like that idea will for sure have to try it out when I get a chance. It would be a cool idea for an internal threat drop.
Sludgehamer

Postby Jaitee » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Sludgehamer wrote:

I'm assuming you are talking about Holy Prism. Until we are into the beta I wouldn't know if this will cause threat or if it does will it count as damage the tank is doing or since it's casted on a healer will it be counted as the healers damage which would have the opposite effect, but I like that idea will for sure have to try it out when I get a chance. It would be a cool idea for an internal threat drop.

mind sear counts as the casters threat and it bounces of a friendly player dont see why prism would be any different
Jaitee

Postby Sludgehamer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Jaitee wrote:
Sludgehamer wrote:

mind sear counts as the casters threat and it bounces of a friendly player dont see why prism would be any different

Well i'm really looking forward to trying this out in beta!
Sludgehamer

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta