Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby Jaitee » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:05 am

Pallyana wrote:
AriKT wrote:
Cema wrote:I'm curious about the new glyphs

Which one are major, which one are prime, which one are minor?

Do our current glyph still exist? Which one no more exist?

You can have 3 Majors, and 3 Minors.

Over in the other thread, I posted about some of the new glpyhs. It pretty much comes down to Major glyphs are useful, Minor glyphs are just for fun...though there are some seriously fun ones.

My personal favorite right now is Glyph of Righteous Retreat, while Divine Shield active, hearthstone cast time is 50% ;)

my favourite is the one that turns AW into slow fall! spec ret get the talent that lets you spam hammer of wrath while AW is active find someone AFK on their flying mount hover a bit above them pop AW and spam hammer of wrath till they die!
Jaitee

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:26 am

theckhd wrote:Yeah, the default rotation (ignoring GC procs) will be something like CS-J-X- CS-X-J- CS-X-X

With the X's filled by AS/Cons/HW as available. Possibly EF/SS maintenance as well if those aren't off-GCD.

Was just playing around with the potential rotation myself and noticed the CS-J-X-CS-X-J-CS-X-X pattern, then realised you'd already noted it (of course!).

Holy Avenger is pretty interesting for rotations. Currently a fairly long duration on it, if I've heard right (20 secs?). Combined with the ability to store up to 5 HoPo you'll never need to worry about wasting HoPo when you cast it - if you're already at 1 or 2 HoPo those will just get banked until HA wears off.

Edit: Hmm. The person who mentioned the change didn't say it, but is Holy Avenger still limited by a number of charges? That would make the duration seem more reasonable...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 am

KysenMurrin wrote:is Holy Avenger still limited by a number of charges?

nope! Tried it out recently and it's pretty sick.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Skiddles » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 am

Jaitee wrote:... spec into holy avenger (the next 5 hopo abilities dont consume hopo while GoaK is active) pop GoaK at the start of the fight spam SotR and bam youll be 25ish seconds ahead on your SotR buff...

You're forgetting Crusader Strike and Judgment cooldowns, the GCD, and that the ShoR buff timer is ticking the whole time. You would have to get extremely lucky with AS procs to stack the ShoR buff to even 10 seconds or so when exiting Holy Avenger.

KysenMurrin wrote:Holy Avenger is pretty interesting for rotations. Currently a fairly long duration on it, if I've heard right (20 secs?). Combined with the ability to store up to 5 HoPo you'll never need to worry about wasting HoPo when you cast it - if you're already at 1 or 2 HoPo those will just get banked until HA wears off.

Edit: Hmm. The person who mentioned the change didn't say it, but is Holy Avenger still limited by a number of charges? That would make the duration seem more reasonable...

Holy Avenger on the beta still obeys the 5 HoPo cap, and currently it is off the GCD. It is my new favorite toy on beta, with targetable Consecration and Long Arm of the Law tied for second. I do hope they keep it as a separate cooldown. The on-use is both fun and powerful. To do so, I suspect they'll need to lower either the duration (currently 20 seconds) or lengthen the cooldown (currently 2 minutes) to adjust the overall HoPo generation vs Divine Purpose -- Divine Purpose should generate more HoPo over time on average as it doesn't offer the situational on-use value that Holy Avenger on beta currently has.

I don't really see Sanctified Wrath competing with either Holy Avenger or Divine Purpose in a PVE setting. For PVP, yeah, I would probably take Sanctified Wrath and Long Arm of the Law for PVP as Prot, and run that flag like the wind.
Skiddles

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 am

Skiddles wrote:Holy Avenger on the beta still obeys the 5 HoPo cap, and currently it is off the GCD.

Yeah, what I meant was that if you had 2 Holy Power, and hit Holy Avenger, you'd bounce from 2 to 5 for the duration and then still have the 2 spare when it wore off, nothing wasted.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Skiddles wrote:Holy Avenger on the beta still obeys the 5 HoPo cap, and currently it is off the GCD.

Yeah, what I meant was that if you had 2 Holy Power, and hit Holy Avenger, you'd bounce from 2 to 5 for the duration and then still have the 2 spare when it wore off, nothing wasted.

Note: Grand Crusader's HoPo does not get multiplied by Holy Avenger, only the regular generators (CS, HotR, Judgment)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Cema » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 am

Let's say it differently

Since I won't have acces to beta I'm really really interested in an exhaustive list of all our Glyphs on the beta =)

new ones + old ones that remain

Major
-
-
-
-

Minor
-
-
-
-
-

I know I ask for a bit of work but I really can't find a good list anywhere on the net
Cema

Postby Jaitee » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:45 am

Skiddles wrote:
Jaitee wrote:... spec into holy avenger (the next 5 hopo abilities dont consume hopo while GoaK is active) pop GoaK at the start of the fight spam SotR and bam youll be 25ish seconds ahead on your SotR buff...

You're forgetting Crusader Strike and Judgment cooldowns, the GCD, and that the ShoR buff timer is ticking the whole time. You would have to get extremely lucky with AS procs to stack the ShoR buff to even 10 seconds or so when exiting Holy Avenger.

isnt holy avenger the one where your next 5 holy power abilities cast dont consume holy power and cast as if they used 3 or is that the other talent?

i did take into acount the GCD thats why i said 25 seconds ahead on SotR not 30 and since crusader strike isnt needed too genereate the HoPo while under the efect of holy avenger its cd doesnt come into play but you would still use CS to generate HoPp use a rotation like CS GoaK Judgement SotR CS SotR Judgement CS SotR SotR CS (at 5 hopo) SotR (holy avenger ends) SotR (back too 2 hopo) CS SotR thats 7 SotR in 14 globals so 21 seconds and you have earned 42 seconds of SotR so you would be 21 seconds ahead
Jaitee

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:47 am

Holy Avenger is a 2 minute cooldown that causes all your Holy Power generators (per Sabin this doesn't include AS procs) to generate 3 Holy Power for 20 seconds. They changed it from the talent preview.
http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=105809

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Cema wrote:Let's say it differently

Since I won't have acces to beta I'm really really interested in an exhaustive list of all our Glyphs on the beta =)

new ones + old ones that remain

Major
-
-
-
-

Minor
-
-
-
-
-

I know I ask for a bit of work but I really can't find a good list anywhere on the net

Someone already posted this somewhere... possibly in the big MoP thread I think. Do some digging.
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:55 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Holy Avenger is a 2 minute cooldown that causes all your Holy Power generators (per Sabin this doesn't include AS procs) to generate 3 Holy Power for 20 seconds. They changed it from the talent preview.

In other words: Zealotry.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 pm

theckhd wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Holy Avenger is a 2 minute cooldown that causes all your Holy Power generators (per Sabin this doesn't include AS procs) to generate 3 Holy Power for 20 seconds. They changed it from the talent preview.

In other words: Zealotry.

Yeah though somehow it feels better as a talent choice for the whole class than a core Ret cooldown. I tried it as Prot and it was pretty cool having all that resource to hit WoG/ShotR with. I actually like it as Prot more than I do as Ret. I prefer the Divine Purpose proccy playstyle as Ret and the cooldown approach for Prot.
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Ha, I'd forgotten Zealotry even existed. You can tell I never play Ret.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kelaan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Not to mention being cool for Holy, too. Holy Shock -> Flashlight, or HS->WoG. Kinda neat.
Kelaan

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:49 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Ha, I'd forgotten Zealotry even existed. You can tell I never play Ret.

for shame!
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta