Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby AriKT » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:25 pm

IMHO, I'd have to agree with the post that the new rotation feels spammy. Its just a bit awkward with a 4.5s CS. However, its not that important to keep rotation perfect as threat is fine without using much.

A few things I noticed:

As another poster said, the ShoR 25% Block Amount buff is additive for duration if you can hit ShoR fast enough.
We seem to have 0% dodge to start with now.
We have exactly 20K Mana, and all Casters have 100K Mana at level 85(not accounting for racials).

The new ability to store 5 Holy Power makes for more interesting use of HoPo abilities.
Divine Purpose lasts 6 seconds, and can proc off even 1 HoPo use WoGs. I know this is how its supposed to work, just really liked it.

Some new things that I see potential in:

Glyph of WoG - Increases Damage by 10% for 6 seconds.

With WoG off the GCD this is a great glyph that ups threat while using a survival ability.

Divine Purpose and the 5 HoPo Storage allow for 8 HoPo in a sense for a nice burst of HoPo abilities.

Selfless Healer + Glyph of Flash of Light: Talent makes it so cast time of Flash of Light is reduced by 50% each time you cast Judgement, so instant after 2 Judgements(also increases amount healed by 50% if used on someone else). The Glyph makes the next heal on the target within 4 seconds to be increased by 30%. So a Flash followed by a WoG is a big heal.

Some things that IMHO suck:

Pursuit 10% speed per HoPo doesn't stack with the based 10% speed increase. So no effect until the second HoPo.
Sacred Shield will absorb 1 and only 1 attack every 6 seconds even if its less than the max absorbed. i.e. you lose your bubble even if it absorbs a 1 HP hit.
AriKT

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Curiosity, does PoJ actually increase run speed to 50%?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby AriKT » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Worldie wrote:Curiosity, does PoJ actually increase run speed to 50%?

No, its limited to 3 HoPo benefit.

0 HoPo = 10%
1 HoPo = 10%
2 HoPo = 20%
3 HoPo = 30%
4 HoPo = 30%
5 HoPo = 30%

There is a stacking buff you can see that doesn't go over 30%.
AriKT

Postby Cema » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm curious about the new glyphs

Which one are major, which one are prime, which one are minor?

Do our current glyph still exist? Which one no more exist?
Cema

Postby AriKT » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Other Random notes:

You can melee autoattack things behind you. LOL. I was trying to do the turn so only abilities hit trick on the dummy and my auto attack kept going and I turned my back to the dummy and it kept going.

The Seal of Righteousness can proc Life Drain from each hit. I got a triple proc once.
AriKT

Postby AriKT » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Cema wrote:I'm curious about the new glyphs

There are only Majors and Minors now. MMO Champ has the full list, its pretty long.

The Minors are:

Fire from the Heavens
Frugal Blessings
Luminous Charger
Seal of Blood
Mounted King
Winged Vengeance
Bladed Judgement
Falling Avenger
Focused Wrath
Righteous Retreat

The rest of the list on MMO Champ are Majors.

You can have 3 Majors, and 3 Minors.
AriKT

Postby benebarba » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
benebarba wrote:
Worldie wrote:We have Word of Glory, Holy Light and Flash of Light like in the calculator.

Holy is (apparently) getting this Denounce skill instead of Holy Wrath as "nuke". I suppose they thought Ret and Prot have too many free gcds and left Holy Wrath where it was.

Also interesting change for WoG not on the GCD.

Sorry - I should have been more specific. I thought Divine Light (IIRC, the big expensive heal) and Holy Light were going to be holy-only.

That's certainly what the calculator on the web says, but it's not reflected in the current beta build. Since the current beta build is explicitly for testing 1-10 Panda content I am not particularly surprised by this potential oversight.

Ahhh, that explains some things. I'm guessing its entirely possible that folks haven't gotten the full rollout of the new and improved paladins (and other non-panda classes)?
benebarba

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

both entirely possible and factually true.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Destruktive » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't know the 4.5 second CS makes prot play almost exactly like ret now, just with different fillers.
The 3 second CS had a distinctive feel to it and was quite a bit different to play vs ret. This is kind of a big deal to me, I don't want the 2 specs to play so similar.
Destruktive

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:29 pm

3-second Crusader Strike was/is terrible. There's no thought involved in spamming the same key for 50% of your GCDs. Our new rotation looks a lot more interesting, more dynamic, and a hell of a lot more fun.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:14 pm

theckhd wrote:3-second Crusader Strike was/is terrible. There's no thought involved in spamming the same key for 50% of your GCDs. Our new rotation looks a lot more interesting, more dynamic, and a hell of a lot more fun.

you know, even though I liked the simplicity of the rotation that resulted from the 3s CS, it got boring as all get out at times. From the quick glances I've seen it sounds like we'll be back closer to the wrath style rotation where we'll step through a few different abilities in a single rotation cycle?
benebarba

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah, the default rotation (ignoring GC procs) will be something like CS-J-X- CS-X-J- CS-X-X

With the X's filled by AS/Cons/HW as available. Possibly EF/SS maintenance as well if those aren't off-GCD.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:42 pm

theckhd wrote:3-second Crusader Strike was/is terrible. There's no thought involved in spamming the same key for 50% of your GCDs. Our new rotation looks a lot more interesting, more dynamic, and a hell of a lot more fun.

New Prot plays more like Ret, which makes it 120% better imo. Totally agree with you here Theck.

The one thing I am missing soooo much is Power Auras telling me when I have 3 HoPo. That really fucks with me.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Pallyana » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm

AriKT wrote:
Cema wrote:I'm curious about the new glyphs

You can have 3 Majors, and 3 Minors.

Over in the other thread, I posted about some of the new glpyhs. It pretty much comes down to Major glyphs are useful, Minor glyphs are just for fun...though there are some seriously fun ones.

My personal favorite right now is Glyph of Righteous Retreat, while Divine Shield active, hearthstone cast time is 50% ;)
2k DPS Prot paladin.
Pallyana

Postby Jaitee » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 am

something occured to me reading this one of the first posts mentioned that when you SotR with the buff still active it adds duration to the buff i was thinking spec into holy avenger (the next 5 hopo abilities dont consume hopo while GoaK is active) pop GoaK at the start of the fight spam SotR and bam youll be 25ish seconds ahead on your SotR buff meaning that if you get a small streak of misses and therefore no hopo you dont lose your block buff on fights where you need GoaK for a particular phase this wouldnt be handy though but for anything where the damage is heavy but constant over the course of the fight it might be better then saving GoaK for emergencies

would also be cool during a phase where the boss suddenly starts swinging really really hard for 10ish seconds pop GoaK then spam SotR youll get a guaranteed block every 1.5 seconds (most bosses have a 1.8 second swing timer right?) might even lead to us being able to tank something we shouldnt be able too cheesing a mechanic
Jaitee

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta