Remove Advertisements

Beta Invites

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Beta Invites

Postby Winkle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 am

Even though Blizzard stated that they were doing invites based on length of time account has been active and how early you signed up for AP it would appear the opposite is occurring in my guild.

Day 1 sign-ups like myself wait patiently whilst one guy who signed for AP just last month has already received Beta invite. Bizarre.
Winkle

Re: Beta Invites

Postby Fenris » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

It's Blizzard

I think they are throwing a few 10-million-sides dice and picking the results
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby djlar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:30 am

well it's way less than 10 million, only AP members now, 1 million? less? do they send an email or you have to check your account?
djlar

Postby Winkle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:36 am

djlar wrote:well it's way less than 10 million, only AP members now, 1 million? less? do they send an email or you have to check your account?

I imagine they will send an email but it's not unusual for your account to be activated in advance of the email arrival.
Winkle

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:38 am

I can already foresee a stupid amount of fake emails incoming in the next days.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 am

I wouldn't simply wait for the email from Blizzard, when I got in the SCII beta I only found out when I was logging on to account management for some totally unrelated reason.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:56 am

You don't just walk into Pandaria's beta...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:13 am

I honestly thought the email was fake but then I double checked all the links in it and noticed that it didn't actually try to link me to any page where I'd enter my login. It instructed me to go to my battle.net account page without providing a link to it. So yeah!

Also re: invite timing, they said it was actually based on both when you signed up for the annual pass AND how long your account has been active. So that could be factoring into it for some people. My account has been active since Nov 2004 and also I signed up for the Annual Pass on Day 1 and I got in immediately so the evidence seems to fit.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 am

Sabindeus wrote:Also re: invite timing, they said it was actually based on both when you signed up for the annual pass AND how long your account has been active. So that could be factoring into it for some people. My account has been active since Nov 2004 and also I signed up for the Annual Pass on Day 1 and I got in immediately so the evidence seems to fit.

I satisfy both of those requirements, but haven't gotten it yet. I would imagine there's still a bit of randomness in the system, somewhere. Though to be fair, I can't remember if I signed up on Day 1 or Day 2 of BlizzCon.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 am

theckhd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Also re: invite timing, they said it was actually based on both when you signed up for the annual pass AND how long your account has been active. So that could be factoring into it for some people. My account has been active since Nov 2004 and also I signed up for the Annual Pass on Day 1 and I got in immediately so the evidence seems to fit.

I satisfy both of those requirements, but haven't gotten it yet. I would imagine there's still a bit of randomness in the system, somewhere. Though to be fair, I can't remember if I signed up on Day 1 or Day 2 of BlizzCon.

And I've only been playing since... 2007? 2008? and I waited till a month after Blizzcon to sign up for the annual pass and yet I got an invite. So yeah, not everything adds up.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 am

Worldie wrote:You don't just walk into Pandaria's beta...

They're taking the Pandaren to Isengard?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Winkle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 am

Sabindeus wrote:I honestly thought the email was fake but then I double checked all the links in it and noticed that it didn't actually try to link me to any page where I'd enter my login. It instructed me to go to my battle.net account page without providing a link to it. So yeah!

Also re: invite timing, they said it was actually based on both when you signed up for the annual pass AND how long your account has been active. So that could be factoring into it for some people. My account has been active since Nov 2004 and also I signed up for the Annual Pass on Day 1 and I got in immediately so the evidence seems to fit.

Your single result is indeed conclusive proof Sab.

Just admit it,you like rubbing it in our faces :lol:
Winkle

Postby Qeeze » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 am

Some fun bugs so far. I watched a hunter with 9 pets up on a target dummy. :lol: Oh, and a mage was doing 250k to 500k arcane blasts. Seems this bug is related to wands or something.
Qeeze

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 am

Winkle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:I honestly thought the email was fake but then I double checked all the links in it and noticed that it didn't actually try to link me to any page where I'd enter my login. It instructed me to go to my battle.net account page without providing a link to it. So yeah!

Your single result is indeed conclusive proof Sab.

Just admit it,you like rubbing it in our faces :lol:

lil bit
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 am

I decided to sign up for the annual pass to get into beta, but when I try to do that it takes me to what appears to just be the page for subscribing my US account... (Asking me to pick a subscription method, 1/3/6 months.)

Edit: I've even been to the EU Blizzard homepage and found a link that was definately to the european signup page. As soon as I go anywhere near account management for the thing, it automatically changes to us.battle.net, and puts my US account name and r=US into the URL.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta