Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 am

Wooo new rep grind!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Interesting changes planned out for combat stats in MoP

[url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4544194/Dev_Watercooler_–_Mists_of_Pandaria_Stat_Changes-3_1_2012[/url]
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Winkle » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:36 am

Flex wrote:Interesting potential archaeology revamp in the works
For lore enthusiasts, a new faction called the Lorewalkers will be introduced, allowing players to travel the world to find and bring back historical artifacts to found a historical archive. The faction will be story- and lore-focused, not a means to grind rep for gear.

Lorewalkers? Are you kidding me? They've clearly depleted every imaginative cell left in a Blizzard brain.

Also archeology completely sucks, so much so that my main is still level 0 arch.
Winkle

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 am

Aaaanyhow...

Screenshot of the day yesterday was kinda interesting. Guards that appeared to be Tauren or a related race, but with very shiny new up-to-date models and textures that resemble the ones they used for Worgen. Probably will turn out to be a new race like the Taunka were, but it really hits home how out of date the vanilla race models are when you see that.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Aaaanyhow...

Screenshot of the day yesterday was kinda interesting. Guards that appeared to be Tauren or a related race, but with very shiny new up-to-date models and textures that resemble the ones they used for Worgen. Probably will turn out to be a new race like the Taunka were, but it really hits home how out of date the vanilla race models are when you see that.

Got a link?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:20 am

Klaudandus wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Aaaanyhow...

Got a link?

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 am

they look like yaks, not taurens.

but yeah, this gives me hope we might get new models for all the races.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Winkle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 am

Klaudandus wrote:they look like yaks, not taurens.

but yeah, this gives me hope we might get new models for all the races.

I think it's almost mandatory now, with Tera and GW2 releasing this year WoW is going to start looking incredibly incredibly dated.
Winkle

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:05 am

If you think about it, the only two races that are not gonna be monks are the worgen and the goblins, which are the two races with the most updated models.
---
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Klaudandus wrote:If you think about it, the only two races that are not gonna be monks are the worgen and the goblins, which are the two races with the most updated models.

idr where, but i read somewhere that just the animations shown at blizzcon in the monk preveiw wouldnt be possible with some (most?) of the current race models

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 am

bldavis wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:If you think about it, the only two races that are not gonna be monks are the worgen and the goblins, which are the two races with the most updated models.

idr where, but i read somewhere that just the animations shown at blizzcon in the monk preveiw wouldnt be possible with some (most?) of the current race models

I think this is where the model/rigging(skeleton) thing comes in: IIRC, the animators said the skeleton/rigging would need to be redone and people assumed this meant models (polygon 'skin' and textures) as well. And really it would make some sense that the models get an overhaul: if the model wasn't meant to move a certain way, it may get really funky when it is later put with a skeleton that does.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 am

pandas actually have wrists!
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 am

Klaudandus wrote:pandas actually have wrists!

Man, I don't know what my Nelf-playing friends will do if Male Nelves ever get hands of reasonable proportions.

It would only be better if they updated one of the flirts/sillies to reference the flipper hands :P
benebarba

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:18 am

Poor Garrosh
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 am

Flex wrote:Poor Garrosh

Fuck him. I'm gonna savor beating his face in on my alts every week.

I really wanna see Vol'jin be the one who takes him out.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta