Remove Advertisements

Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby Fetzie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 am

Probably works like Thrall did in the "Retake the Undercity" quest event; an aura that puts the player at the top of the mob's threat table.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 am

So it appears that MoW and Kings have had their resistances removed, and Auras are no longer passive buffs brought by the paladin class (devo is now a cast holy ability that grants immunity to stuns/interrupts in addition to a 20% Shadow/Frost/Fire magic DR). I wasn't able to find the similar resistance buffs that are currently brought by other classes as well.

I wonder if that's oversight, missing stuff (or stuff not shown, like glyphs) or a case of the next step in making certain classes less desirable from a buff standpoint? Perhaps also making it such that magic damage would be expected to be 'baseline' raid damage that won't be passively reduced by what ~5-15% (IIRC some get that high at 85) if you happen to have a pally, druid or other classes that brought resistance buffs around, and instead to be handled only via cooldowns or individually? I assume that for raids, having these buffs was considered mandatory, and designed the encounters as such.

I do like getting a mastery buff, since it will allow everyone to get some sort of bonus meaningful to their role (if not necessarily the most desirable attribute), though sadly it means druids and pallies have a only redundant group buff until lvl 81... but not much of an issue in the grand scheme.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 am

you could always ask in the thread -- I asked three times, and three times I got my answer.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 am

Klaudandus wrote:you could always ask in the thread -- I asked three times, and three times I got my answer.

I think I will... the pally one looks quite civil as well
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 am

Well, I was asking directly in the MoP Updated Talent Tree thread.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 am

Klaudandus wrote:Well, I was asking directly in the MoP Updated Talent Tree thread.

I dropped mine into the buffs...? thread - we'll see what happens. Though I now realize that the percentage is more like 15-25% DR from resistance/kings. Thought my numbers seemed low.
benebarba

Postby theckhd » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:04 pm

benebarba wrote:So it appears that MoW and Kings have had their resistances removed, and Auras are no longer passive buffs brought by the paladin class (devo is now a cast holy ability that grants immunity to stuns/interrupts in addition to a 20% Shadow/Frost/Fire magic DR). I wasn't able to find the similar resistance buffs that are currently brought by other classes as well.

Those changes were announced at BlizzCon. Resistances on MoW/Kings are gone, as are all Auras.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 pm

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:So it appears that MoW and Kings have had their resistances removed, and Auras are no longer passive buffs brought by the paladin class (devo is now a cast holy ability that grants immunity to stuns/interrupts in addition to a 20% Shadow/Frost/Fire magic DR). I wasn't able to find the similar resistance buffs that are currently brought by other classes as well.

Those changes were announced at BlizzCon. Resistances on MoW/Kings are gone, as are all Auras.

Somehow I'd missed that. Thanks.
benebarba

Postby CrimsonEyes » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 pm

I, for one, am going to miss the Paladin auras. Even if I only ever kept Devo up 99% of the time, it was a small little fluffy thing that made me feel paladiny, ever since I played Warcraft 3 and Uther and Arthas had their little auras under them.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:53 pm

CrimsonEyes wrote:I, for one, am going to miss the Paladin auras. Even if I only ever kept Devo up 99% of the time, it was a small little fluffy thing that made me feel paladiny, ever since I played Warcraft 3 and Uther and Arthas had their little auras under them.

This..

I've always felt that pally auras were a "CORE" part of the paladin in all of the blizzard games (and a lot of other games too).
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:
CrimsonEyes wrote:I, for one, am going to miss the Paladin auras. Even if I only ever kept Devo up 99% of the time, it was a small little fluffy thing that made me feel paladiny, ever since I played Warcraft 3 and Uther and Arthas had their little auras under them.

This..

I've always felt that pally auras were a "CORE" part of the paladin in all of the blizzard games (and a lot of other games too).

Paladins didn't have Auras in Warcraft 2! I remember being all like "oh man wtf is this diablo shit" when they added Devo Aura in War3. <_<
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby CrimsonEyes » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:24 pm

No, but Paladins also were just line troops in Warcraft 2. I dunno, I felt the aura felt sufficiently heroic and fit the overall design for Warcraft 3 so much that I didn't notice the difference twixt Paladins in WC2 and WC3. They were still plate-wearing hammer-wielding badasses who could heal, so it was close enough for Government Work.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:31 pm

I still think they need to put in an aura (reworked into an area effect cooldown) for each spec, instead of only one for Holy. Devotion Aura for Prot, and either Retribution Aura or Sanctity Aura for Ret.

(That's the first time I've remembered Sanctity Aura in years...)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:33 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I still think they need to put in an aura (reworked into an area effect cooldown) for each spec, instead of only one for Holy. Devotion Aura for Prot, and either Retribution Aura or Sanctity Aura for Ret.

(That's the first time I've remembered Sanctity Aura in years...)

Watch out, they will take away something else so that they can give you that at 90 as your "new ability".

/grumbles about GAnK
Shoju

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:08 am

Interesting potential archaeology revamp in the works
For lore enthusiasts, a new faction called the Lorewalkers will be introduced, allowing players to travel the world to find and bring back historical artifacts to found a historical archive. The faction will be story- and lore-focused, not a means to grind rep for gear.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta