Remove Advertisements

Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby poptart » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:18 am

bldavis wrote:so...anyone planning on main changing to something OTHER THAN A MONK?

Lol, good question! :)

But, yeah, I am. My basic decision tree will look like this for MoP:

1. Does raid group need another consistant tank since we are losing Shoju? If so, then main change to Protection Warrior.

2. If not #1, then I plan on playing Monk in Beta. If its Mistweaver spec is the "combat Cleric" that I hoped Holy Paladin would be and never has been......main change to Monk.

3. If not #2, then evalute where Holy Paladin is at beginning of MoP. I am not loving them at the moment; perhaps I am just bored of playing them for 3+ years now. I like the vision for Druids MUCH MORE than what they seem to be coming up with for Paladins. If Holy Paladin does not float my boat, then most likely Resto Druid or Holy Priest.

4. If not #3, then Resto Shaman. However, we already have two main spec Resto Shamans in guild (with two more "primary alts" by other raiders when we need a 3rd healer) so that is my bottom choice of healers for a new main.

5. If all tank and healer needs are met in the raid group (which is HIGHLY unlikely), I will then switch to a DPS main; Elemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Ret Paladin, Fury Warrior, Shadow Priets in decending order of preference. I put this probability at about 0.5% chance.

Poptart
poptart

Postby Dibdib » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:33 am

poptart wrote:
bldavis wrote:so...anyone planning on main changing to something OTHER THAN A MONK?

Lol, good question! :)

But, yeah, I am. My basic decision tree will look like this for MoP:

1. Does raid group need another consistant tank since we are losing Shoju? If so, then main change to Protection Warrior.

2. If not #1, then I plan on playing Monk in Beta. If its Mistweaver spec is the "combat Cleric" that I hoped Holy Paladin would be and never has been......main change to Monk.

3. If not #2, then evalute where Holy Paladin is at beginning of MoP. I am not loving them at the moment; perhaps I am just bored of playing them for 3+ years now. I like the vision for Druids MUCH MORE than what they seem to be coming up with for Paladins. If Holy Paladin does not float my boat, then most likely Resto Druid or Holy Priest.

4. If not #3, then Resto Shaman. However, we already have two main spec Resto Shamans in guild (with two more "primary alts" by other raiders when we need a 3rd healer) so that is my bottom choice of healers for a new main.

5. If all tank and healer needs are met in the raid group (which is HIGHLY unlikely), I will then switch to a DPS main; Elemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Ret Paladin, Fury Warrior, Shadow Priets in decending order of preference. I put this probability at about 0.5% chance.

Poptart

No plans for "main changing" per se. I'm still really enjoying my tankadin and currently have no plans to stop prioritising him over other toons.

But I am hoping to spend more time healing in Pandaville. I have a low-level healing priest (61 or something like that at the moment) which I hope to have up to 85 and well geared quite quickly. At the moment my intention is to level him up to 90 before my mage, and maybe push closer to 50-50 between pally and priest.
Dibdib

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:00 am

Extermi wrote:WoG (or FoL) heal aggro with RF if timed well (any 1 remembering healing warlocks back in SSC ??)

WoG doesn't generate any aggro anymore, since mid-4.0.6.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:03 am

Extermi wrote:The only downside I have found so far is losing our raidbubble, while e.g. warriors have rallying cry. I actually liked to have a raid wide CD for the tough damage phases.

Don't worry, they'll give it back to us as a 4pc tier bonus in the last tier :P
benebarba

Postby Amirya » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am

My basic decision tree (that I stole from poptart!) will look like this for MoP:

1. Will I still be playing in MoP? This isn't because I am bored, or the idea of pandas terrify me; between work and mandatory overtime requests, and school getting a bit more intense, I honestly don't know just now if I will have the time to play.

2. If yes to #1, do I still want to be a tank? It's nice to have that control over mobs/bosses, but sometimes, I just want to take a break, and then it's a bit of a scramble because of how lean the roster is.

3. If yes to #2, do I still want to be a paladin tank? It's what I've done since BC pretty much, but the neverending stream of overhauls per expansion makes my head spin.

4. If no to #2, decide on new main, either healer or dps. Resto druid, resto shaman, disc priest; mage, hunter, or rogue.

5. If no to #3, switch to warrior.

But right now, #1 is the primary drive. And far as I know, no release date has been announced, so I just don't know.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 am

I'm not sure that I will be playing, but I'll be in the beta (annual pass) when it comes out, and so on.

I don't expect to change main characters. Unless 5.0's changes completely sour me (they might), I'll likely keep tanking as a paladin, even. I'll have to level my DK and try tanking on him in the beta, too, but I'm pretty optimistic.

I've had ridiculous fun as DPS, though. More fun on my paladin than on my hunter right now, but ... I'm not sure if it's a symptom of the hunter's lesser gear? I have a bundle of fun as him, but I don't think I can go back to a main that can't tank. So, it's likely paladin or DK for me.
Kelaan

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 pm

The more changes they make, the more I'm content to stick with my hunters, and if they muck those up enough, I'll simply be done. I'm just not feeling it for my shammy or mage, and my druid is just going to be an herber. I won't even look at my pally or DK again until the MoP dust settles, and see if they are playable once again for me. From the changes I see sofar (and their xBox monks) I don't think they will be.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby CrimsonEyes » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 pm

I think most everyone will TRY it. Permanently switching, however, will depend on how it plays, and how loyal to being a tankadin folks feel.

I will say with achievements/titles/etc becoming account bound will free alot of folk up from being tied to the one character they've done all the work on.

The flip side is it might make folks more liable to switch repeatedly over the life of an expansion, especially those who only want to play whatever the flavor of the month is.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I want something cool like that, but for paladins!

Still, not liking losing our aoe taunts -- ae taunts are godsend when doing random heroics when trying to cap your vp >=(

Play a DK. We have.... Dark Command, and Death Grip.

no AoE taunt.
Shoju

Postby djlar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:17 pm

I don't envy the hunters, right now are op but these nerfs will hurt, at least single target, most new and redesigned abilities are AoE based now... some that the farther you are the more damage you do (like Yor'Sahj red ooze)... and you kinda have to line up the mobs in front of you..

So they take away minimun range but you do more damage far from the mobs, mmmm
djlar

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:27 pm

djlar wrote:I don't envy the hunters, right now are op but these nerfs will hurt, at least single target, most new and redesigned abilities are AoE based now... some that the farther you are the more damage you do (like Yor'Sahj red ooze)... and you kinda have to line up the mobs in front of you..

So they take away minimun range but you do more damage far from the mobs, mmmm

Yeah, and they will be more gear dependent than ever. sigh... but unless pally tanking gets the old feel back, I'm a hunter to stay.

halabar

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:53 pm

On the bright side, for a long time hunters felt that weapon DPS was nearly useless. (For a long time, speed was often more important than many ilevels) Now, they get to have weapons that Hit Hard, so a weapon uprgade is significant. In theory. :)
Kelaan

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Kelaan wrote:On the bright side, for a long time hunters felt that weapon DPS was nearly useless. (For a long time, speed was often more important than many ilevels) Now, they get to have weapons that Hit Hard, so a weapon uprgade is significant. In theory. :)

I just hope they adjust so hunters, and especially BM, doesn't surge early, and then tap out and fall behind as everyone else gears up.

halabar

Postby Darielle » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:58 am

That's just a case of removing or rescaling Hunter's Mark and AotH.

I LIKE the Glaive Throw and Powershot stuff, because it brings positioning into play in a better way than we've had before - closest we'd had so far in Min Range, maybe Flame Orbs. Clutch Disengage to alter Glaive Throw's trajectory and make it hit a moving target is going to be sexy.
Darielle

Postby mclem » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 am

Worldie wrote:I'm going to have an hard time picking between Speed of Light and Pursuit of Justice.

I wonder if PoJ caps at 40% or at 60% (i.e. does it include bonus HP from Boundless Conviction?)

Unless I'm missing something, Sacred Shield looks weak when compared with Eternal Flame. I wonder if either scales with Vengeance?

Klaudandus wrote:Don't like the answer that much tho -- what is Mocking Banner? Also, not having a 2nd taunt scares me due to how hectic pugs can be >=/

I assume it's basically an AoE taunt over time? If a mob enters the region covered by the banner, they're taunted towards the person who places the banner?
mclem

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta