Remove Advertisements

Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby Amirya » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 pm

*NEW* Disengage - You attempt to disengage from combat, leaping backwards. Can only be used while in combat. Required level 14. (50,000 yd range, 25 sec cooldown, Instant cast)

Bolded for ensuing hilarity.

(I may be tired, but I can see miscalculating a Disengage, and landing out of the instance; alternatively, disengaging a mob across the zone.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:45 am

Amirya wrote:
*NEW* Disengage - You attempt to disengage from combat, leaping backwards. Can only be used while in combat. Required level 14. (50,000 yd range, 25 sec cooldown, Instant cast)

(I may be tired, but I can see miscalculating a Disengage, and landing out of the instance; alternatively, disengaging a mob across the zone.)

try continent...
doing archelogy ill be in STV and get next closest is 15000 yds....and its in EPL

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Jaitee » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 am

we sort of get a second lay on hands (though im sure it will be fixed) guarded by the light takes word of glory of the global cooldown so spec into holy avenger (your next 5 hopo abilities dont consume hopo but still cast as if they consume 3 while GoaK is active)
so pop GoaK and spam your WoG button you are now at full health

i love the sacred shield change this will be my goto talent for most fights eternal flame might beat it though depending upon how much each heals/absorbs for and how the damage intake and healing model plays out in mop

the level 90 talents sound amazing probably switch between lights hammer and execution sentence depending on whether i want single target or AoE (or even a self heal)

and i can see some relationship between unbreakable spirit and holy avenger allowing you too instantly knock 15% of the CD of DP potentially life saving depending upon the fight (though fights where that will help will probably be rare)

id love too see some sort of damage component on sacred shield something like when active deals X damage too attackers or all damage absorbed is mirrored back at the attacker just too give it some sort of retribution theme(and i dont mean as in the spec i mean as in the ideal of a paladin being a avatar of retribution ie what you do to me comes back at you) i love that all our lvl 90 talents have this theme too them!
Jaitee

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 am

Anything interesting for priests? I haven't check the calcs since their initial release.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 am

Priests are mostly the same as before, no big changes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah, blue said Priests still have a lot of work to be done.

Invis - It doesn't seem all that bad to me. You can have two Runes down at a time, they last a minute and they have a short cooldown, so if you know where you might be moving to in a fight you can be prepared and maximise uptime (and it won't be balanced around standing in one permanently). With the Evocate-no-cooldown you're free to fit it in at any time - there's no penalty for having to stop and move out of danger other than lost time.

Jaitee - WoG has a 1.5 second cooldown to prevent spamming it like that, the best you could do was healing up over 7.5 seconds (plus latency, since it's a cooldown and won't allow queuing the cast).

So are we back to near-100% uptime on Consecration? Given what that did to Paladin AoE tanking, you'd think Blizz would avoid it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Extermi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:30 am

This iteration definitely looks more promising than the last one for me at least.

General observations
- Storing 5 holy power is great to give some flexibility in rotation and ability use
- WoG off the GCD and on 1.5s CD is great, I still get frustrated by the CD today. Great synergy with other talents, active tanking !!
- I still seem to be missing our 3 target Taunt. Single-taunting only is weak, especially compared to the great AOE "pull" that DK tanks now can get
- I still dont like blinding shield, looks like a pure PvP talent
- AP debuff coupled to HotR looks great
- I still hate the way mastery caps (in terms of scaling and gearing), and that there is no absolute damage shield available (althogh sacred shield helps)
- I do not like ShoR too much, as it mixes soe DPS with an effect you only need when you are the active tank on physical hitting enemies. Would rather take TV for offtank/magical situations for a stronger burn (Tanks DPS SHOULD matter).

Talent specific + favorites
Tier 1: Speed of light - I like the 1 minute CD "sprint", great for positioning, running from specials etc
Tier 2: Repentance - At least a CC for us, assuming trash will not be AOEd. Else, shorter Hammer
Tier 3: Sacred shield - Seems ideal if we cannot block damage (magical), good synergy with WoG
Tier 4: Unbreakable Spirit - Reduces LoH to 5 and Bubble to 3 minutes, which can be huge. Hand of Purity seems good against bleed damage but 6 sec is short
Tier 5: Holy Avenger - Excellent Synergy with WoG and other HoPo based defensive CDs
Tier 6: Execution Sentence - A strong self-heal on 1 minute CD, also some additional damage for the pull. Hammer is AOE only which seams superfluous as we hace consecration, and Prism mixes this a bit but neither a weak self-heal with a weak consecration clone nor a weak single-target damage with AOE healing seems really attractive.
Extermi

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:55 am

The change to allowing 5 Holy Power will make a big change in playstyle I think. With the change to WoG being off GCD and cooldown, and ShoR providing a survival benefit, we'll now be in a position to use finishers when needed instead of automatically on getting 3 HoPo. In particular I can see our basic rotation on trivial fights involving using ShoR at 5 HoPo and holding the spare 2 so we can WoG on short notice.

I notice that Sacred Shield and the new HoT are relatively long duration (both 30 secs iirc?), so we'd probably be trying to keep one rolling on ourselves throughout, which adds another level of micromanagement to the rotation. We had the same thing in WotLK with the original Sacred Shield, just without the Holy Power constraint.

I didn't check - do we still get Holy Power from Divine Plea?

Hand of Purity seems a bit too niche, like its only regular use would be as a counter to specific classes in PvP.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Zevulon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I didn't check - do we still get Holy Power from Divine Plea?

Divine Plea is holy only in this iteration, there is no other on demand HP generator for prot either atm. At this point it would look like we will be rat hunting pre pull.
Zevulon

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:32 am

I can't see Blizz leaving it that way. Prot and Holy will both want to be able to pre-cast Sacred Shield or Eternal Flame.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 am

Zevulon wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I didn't check - do we still get Holy Power from Divine Plea?

Divine Plea is holy only in this iteration, there is no other on demand HP generator for prot either atm. At this point it would look like we will be rat hunting pre pull.

wonder if they'll put that ability into wings or have a glyph that does it.

That or they figure the big reason tanks used it was to get a threat lead, which to some extent isn't as important anymore thanks to vengence and threat multipliers. During tank swaps, I assume we'd be expected to have our HoPo ready to rock just like we do now. Can't speak to other specs.

I didn't notice that Righteous Defense was missing... man I hope they don't take that functionality out entirely.
benebarba

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 am

I still look at the final Hunter talents and gasp at the sheer awesome within.
Darielle

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 am

Just curious about something, is GbtL our only mana generating mechanic? I don't see anywhere in the talent tree about an ability to generate mana on blocks.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:32 am

bldavis wrote:
Amirya wrote:

try continent...
doing archelogy ill be in STV and get next closest is 15000 yds....and its in EPL

"Range" means you can use it on a mob up to 50k yards away. It doesn't mean the disengage throws you 50k yards. You'll still only leap back 15-20 (or whatever it is now).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby GMPoison » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 am

That would be pretty funny though.
GMPoison

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta