Remove Advertisements

Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Wands when place in the main hand will auto-shoot if you take too long to fire off a spell. Pre-mades do not copy over with wands and only one non-random stat wand has been datamined. Thinking wands might die along with relics.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kuripari » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm

I thought I remembered them saying wands are supposed to become main hand, and are going to be the primary weapon of casters in place of staves/swords/daggers and everything else they've been equipping.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby lythac » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:30 pm

5.0 Dungeon - Heroic - Scholomance - Boss 2 Loot 1 - Int Versatile Wand, That wand doesn't look like it should be a wand, has SP on it. Might turn out to be a staff.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Kuripari wrote:I thought I remembered them saying wands are supposed to become main hand, and are going to be the primary weapon of casters in place of staves/swords/daggers and everything else they've been equipping.

Existing wands can be placed in the main hand. However only that scholo wand exists as a non-random stat wand.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Kuripari wrote:I thought I remembered them saying wands are supposed to become main hand, and are going to be the primary weapon of casters in place of staves/swords/daggers and everything else they've been equipping.

Not necessarily.

Wands will become main hand weapons, and there will still be offhand weapons. Or, a caster can use a staff, replacing the main and offhand. But the ranged slot (wands, guns/bows, relics, etc) is gone.

So casters still have a choice of MH+OH or a 2H, while hunters will have just a ranged weapon.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Kinda seems like they'll occasionally throw a Wand in somewhere for flavour, but it'll be just an alternative to a dagger/sword for casters.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby rodos » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Lovely. Cogwheels are making another appearance to be useful for one tier and then more than likely be ignored again.

Well, at least engineering will be useful for one tier. Now we need to see if they add a new-fangled "Spirit" gathering tool, or if the Cata one works with the new gathering nodes. IF they take that away, then engineering might need to go bye-bye.

I'll be super happy if they add a gathering tool that's not dependent on another profession. The exorbitant price of Volatile Air through most of Cataclysm, with nothing I could do about it personally, was the most annoying thing about Engineering. On reflection I guess I shouldn't have been surprised - in BC the most used primals for engineering were earth and fire (for khorium power core, blasting powder, adamantite frame) and those were the only two primals without mote clouds.
rodos

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:13 pm

rodos wrote:
halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Lovely. Cogwheels are making another appearance to be useful for one tier and then more than likely be ignored again.

Well, at least engineering will be useful for one tier. Now we need to see if they add a new-fangled "Spirit" gathering tool, or if the Cata one works with the new gathering nodes. IF they take that away, then engineering might need to go bye-bye.

I'll be super happy if they add a gathering tool that's not dependent on another profession. The exorbitant price of Volatile Air through most of Cataclysm was a very good thing.

Fixed that for ya.. :mrgreen:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Yelena wrote:
theckhd wrote:And again, spec matters. Engi is very strong for DPS specs with 2-minute cooldowns. It's arguably as bad as skinning/LW/tailoring for tanks, even though many tanks actually take engineering.

The Leatherworking wrist enchant pretty much trumped every other profession, in terms of pure "free" stamina gains, since Blizzard never saw it fit to add a Cataclysm-level stamina enchant for bracers. As a result, once CTC became a non-issue, a lot of us are rocking the 40 stamina Wrath-level enchant.

Oops, how did LW slip into that list. Sorry, I meant skinning/herb/tailoring.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Levantine » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 am

Less Maintankadin before your morning coffee, Theck. You're slipping up. :3
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:35 am

Archeth wrote:Half a year of panda info and I never thought of Ranma. Wow, +rep to you good Sir.

I know this is from a few pages back, but I've fallen way behind, and thought I'd comment before I lost it.

***Possible Spoiler***
There is a section of the Panda starting zone that has different lakes that turn you into various things (so far I've seen a frog, crane, and snake) while you touch the water. They give you a speed boost too, and if you're one of the frogs, all of the "neutral" cranes become hostile to you :D.
***End Possible Spoiler***

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion as I attempt to catch up :P.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 am

Yeah, went there with my wife - hi-la-rious.

Also mention the bamboo poles and fighting Pandarens atop them...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 am

Flex wrote:
theckhd wrote:And by "worst," you mean "identical (but more versatile than) Enchanting and Mining, and clearly ahead of Skinning/Herbalism."

No, it is currently the worst primary stat profession.

Say your gear has 10 gem slots and CTC is a non-issue.
Enchanting/Mining: 750 stamina from gems + 120 from perk = 870 total stamina
JC: 525 stamina from gems + 303 from JC gems = 828 total stamina

The Cataclysm epic gem implementation is a direct nerf of the JC bonus compared to other professions.

Wait... so 2 professions together are beating out 1 profession...

JC/Mining: 525 stamina from gems + 303 from JC gems + 120 from perk = 948 stamina?

Edit: Unless you've already added in mining to your above math, in which case... nvm.
Edit2: Ok, so maybe you mean Enchanting and Mining each get 120 stam... in which case, someone mind deleting this post? I think I need moar sleepytimes... :D
Last edited by Skye1013 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:14 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Flex wrote:
theckhd wrote:And by "worst," you mean "identical (but more versatile than) Enchanting and Mining, and clearly ahead of Skinning/Herbalism."

No, it is currently the worst primary stat profession.

Say your gear has 10 gem slots and CTC is a non-issue.
Enchanting/Mining: 750 stamina from gems + 120 from perk = 870 total stamina
JC: 525 stamina from gems + 303 from JC gems = 828 total stamina

The Cataclysm epic gem implementation is a direct nerf of the JC bonus compared to other professions.

Wait... so 2 professions together are beating out 1 profession...

JC/Mining: 525 stamina from gems + 303 from JC gems + 120 from perk = 948 stamina

no, i think he meant that both enchanting and mining have a 120 stam perk each, which coupled with the epic gems is superior to jc
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 am

Skye1013 wrote:in which case, someone mind deleting this post? I think I need moar sleepytimes... :D

No it will remain here for the posterity to remind us to not make posts while asleep.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta