Remove Advertisements

Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 am

That is because rogue finishers have a linear scaling with their CP, while TV and ShoR have exponential values.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:54 am

Yup. If you'll notice, WoG (which scales linearly) is still "up to 3."

TV and SotR at lower-HP were just illusions of choice anyway. In a raiding context, you never hit them until you had 3. Having the ability to hit them at 1 or 2 didn't add anything except the ability to screw up from time to time when you weren't paying enough attention.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fetzie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:57 am

By using <3 HP ShoRs you could also get 100% uptime on the 25% block value buff if I am not mistaken.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 am

That assumes it would last the full 6 seconds if you used less than 3 HP. More likely it'd scale 1/2.5/6 to prevent exactly that.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 am

I've heard rumors that they're reconsidering the shared lockouts.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 am

Would be cool considering they have been a fail.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mannstein » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 am

theckhd wrote:Yup. If you'll notice, WoG (which scales linearly) is still "up to 3."

TV and SotR at lower-HP were just illusions of choice anyway. In a raiding context, you never hit them until you had 3. Having the ability to hit them at 1 or 2 didn't add anything except the ability to screw up from time to time when you weren't paying enough attention.

Randomness aside,
On a Strong AOE situation a DS+Judg+TV(2HP)+DS+TV(1HP), isn't better that a TV(3HP) due to the Seal of right(...)ss (can't sp that :S )?
everytime i TV(1hp) i have the Right(...)ss cleave, right?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 am

I was thinking about single-target situations. I honestly don't know the answer to that question for AoE, but it seems feasible to me for maximizing AoE damage in that 7.5-second window (bloods on Madness, maybe?). You'd have to ask someone who's done the math to be sure though.
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:19 am

Worldie wrote:Would be cool considering they have been a fail.

seriously?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:22 am

Have to disagree there. I'm happy to be able to run DS10 on a different character rather than feeling obligated to repeat the instance on Theck. Running DS three times per week (25H, 10H, and LFR) on Theck would get old really fast. It's much more interesting to be able to do it on a different character/role the second and third times (25H on Theck, 10H on warlock, LFR on random alts).
theckhd

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:27 am

In my opinion, the shared lockout system failed when LFR got introduced, it was working decently before that.

Introducing LFR on a separate lockout was pretty much the same as not having shared lockout at all, since people are forced to run both LFR and normal/hc.

Either all shared or nothing is my thought.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:29 am

Forced? The only reason I did LFR on my main is because I had bad luck on a few gear drps in Firelands. If you set the right ilevel and don't use overpowered set bonuses, LFR should never be mandatory for raiders.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:31 am

theckhd wrote:

Have to disagree there. I'm happy to be able to run DS10 on a different character rather than feeling obligated to repeat the instance on Theck. Running DS three times per week (25H, 10H, and LFR) on Theck would get old really fast. It's much more interesting to be able to do it on a different character/role the second and third times (25H on Theck, 10H on warlock, LFR on random alts).

completely agree as the seperate 25 & 10 man lockouts and the feeling to be obliged do both each week is what burned me out 3 years ago.

And I somehow don't feel obliged to do LFR, so don't mind that being on a separate lockout.
Thinking about the results of it sharing the lockout fils me with dread aswell. :shock:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:34 am

You are allowed to disagree with me, of course.Though, I really preferred when you could run both 10 and 25.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mannstein » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 am

Sabindeus wrote:

seriously?

What is advantage of separate lockouts?
The only advantage would be to 25men guild me thinks, or am i missing something?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta