Hots...no not that Hots [Heroes of the Storm]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hots...no not that Hots [Heroes of the Storm]

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:04 am

Problem with bot games is that they are waaaaaaay too easy and they get boring super fast.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:04 am

Eh. I'm enjoying them well enough. If I get a group of five people I kinda know... then maybe I'd consider normals.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:14 am

I have to say I've found ranked crowd decent and almost never found any toxic player. The quick match crowd, though.... :S
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:48 am

Only level 15, couldn't do ranked even if I wanted to :P
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Damn, Sylvanas looks awesome. Going to have to control myself long enough to get her at 10k instead of 15! :lol:

Anyone tried out/play hero league a lot? Not sure how it compares to just quick match. May want to try that at some point, but it 1) Sounds intimidating, and 2) I only play 6 heroes right now, and aren't super-interested in any of the others really.
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

No electorate that stupid is going to survive long, one way or another.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Jabari wrote:Damn, Sylvanas looks awesome. Going to have to control myself long enough to get her at 10k instead of 15! :lol:

Anyone tried out/play hero league a lot? Not sure how it compares to just quick match. May want to try that at some point, but it 1) Sounds intimidating, and 2) I only play 6 heroes right now, and aren't super-interested in any of the others really.

15k gold? I'm buying her with $$$ as soon as she comes out, much hype so wow!

The Hero League is much "better" than quick matches. The biggest point is that people are all level 30+, so they actually have played the game a lot, know something about the mechanics, and try to build a proper team comp and cooperate.
All the games I've had in Hero League have been very enjoyable, both wins and losses, compared to the retardfest that Quick Matches are. The only downside is that there's the odd elitist who goes like I know all and demands you to take a certain champ cause "it's op", but you don't really find many of those at low ranks anyway.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:11 am

Yes... demand I take a champ that I may or may not have ever played because it's "OP." That makes all kinds of sense.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:18 am

That's quite a standard behaviour in all mobas sadly. If you played LoL or DotA you probably already know this.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shamora » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:47 am

Anyone want a beta key for the NA region? I have 4 to give out...
Hearthstone Arena Stats - (Old) 2014
Server: PVP US Barthilas, Horde - <Tribo>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 100 Combat/Subtlety Rogue
Server: PVE US Nagrand/Caelestrasz, Alliance - <Chivalry>
Main: Crusader Shamora, Lvl 100 Protection Paladin
Shamora

Postby Jabari » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:27 am

Shamora wrote:Anyone want a beta key for the NA region? I have 4 to give out...

I already am in, but wouldn't mind one for a good friend that would like to play.

(Are the "bring 4 friends" ones just random or something?)
... the fact that more potential voters are swayed by a few trivial comments 10 years ago than a candidate literally collapsing is not a good sign and tends to indicate that even if Trump wins, it won't matter.

Jabari

Postby Shamora » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:41 am

Jabari wrote:
Shamora wrote:Anyone want a beta key for the NA region? I have 4 to give out...

I already am in, but wouldn't mind one for a good friend that would like to play.

(Are the "bring 4 friends" ones just random or something?)

I have no idea. My friend and I both got the email, but we've also been in since the Tech Alpha. I PM'd you a code.
Hearthstone Arena Stats - (Old) 2014
Server: PVP US Barthilas, Horde - <Tribo>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 100 Combat/Subtlety Rogue
Server: PVE US Nagrand/Caelestrasz, Alliance - <Chivalry>
Main: Crusader Shamora, Lvl 100 Protection Paladin
Shamora

Postby Jabari » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Patch day!

Trying to figure out what caused all the Tyrande changes. I play her the most, and don't really have any idea what to make of all of this. :lol:

Her base heal got a pretty substantial buff (I think) - 33% better on a 33% longer CD. Really good for mana management and with CD reductions.

Can't take both Pierce and Healing Ward, though, which is irritating. HW covered a lot of her healing weakness.

They also put Trueshot in the same slot as Ranger. Nerfed TSA as well.

Not at all sure what to take a 1 or 13 anymore. Probably Overflowing Light at 13. No clue at 1 - Pierce was perfect there. I guess Mark CD, but that's blah.

Having Battle Momentum will be great, though.

So confused... :lol:

Jabari

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:25 am

SYLVANAS HYPE!!!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah, she's pretty good.

Played just a few games yesterday - pretty weird. Tons more split-push than before, even on maps like Garden. Haven't gotten the new one yet.

PSA: Raynor's Q talents are broken right now (Confident and Bullseye don't do anything) - if you're playing him you have to do an AA build for now.

Jabari

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:35 am

I'm sad. Out of last 25 ranked+quickmatch games I've played, I've lost 22. Either I'm VERY SHIT at this game, or I seemb to attract idiots who can't teamfight for good.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ironshield » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:38 am

Launch Date Detected 02 June 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5NlUEXLpM
Ironshield

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:44 am

So uhm... That'll be a huge player base increase.

I wonder if my immense loss streak will finally end :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 pm

My brain was computing this as Hearthstone... and I was seriously confused for a minute :lol:
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 am

Worldie wrote:I'm sad. Out of last 25 ranked+quickmatch games I've played, I've lost 22. Either I'm VERY SHIT at this game, or I seemb to attract idiots who can't teamfight for good.

Ugh, I know the feeling. I used to be decent with Valla, but I seem to be terrible now. :cry:

6-12 since I started player her again. Ouch. Pushed my overall back down below 55%, too. :(

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/MatchHistory?PlayerID=210034

Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Decided to give this a go, though I'm sure it'll not really be my kind of thing. Played through most of the tutorials, though I got stuck after the first one when I closed the menu - wound up playing a training game with AI before I found where the tutorials menu button was hiding again.

It's the multiplayer I'm not too keen on. Haven't reached that bit yet.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:12 am

Considering with OpenBeta + Launch couple days ago the playerbase got the addition of a lot of novices who have never ever played a Moba, you shouldn't feel too uncomfortable playing multiplayer.

"Single player" gets boring very fast as it's super easy.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Decided to give this a go, though I'm sure it'll not really be my kind of thing. Played through most of the tutorials, though I got stuck after the first one when I closed the menu - wound up playing a training game with AI before I found where the tutorials menu button was hiding again.

It's the multiplayer I'm not too keen on. Haven't reached that bit yet.

It's worth a try, at least - it's pretty fun. I never played LoL or DotA or anything before.

Do the tutorials, then into co-op ("vs AI, with the "AI teammates" button off) for a while until you pick up the flow of the game. Co-op is super easy and will teach bad habits after a while, so just use it to get a feel for a few of the heroes and the maps.

Then into QM!

Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:37 pm

It looks like quests can't be cancelled. Do they expire? I'm not sure I want to go into a real game as a healer, and it doesn't work in training mode.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:11 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:It looks like quests can't be cancelled. Do they expire? I'm not sure I want to go into a real game as a healer, and it doesn't work in training mode.

No, you can't re-roll or time out quests. You can do them in co-op vs bots though.

Jabari

Postby jere » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:27 am

Jabari wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:It looks like quests can't be cancelled. Do they expire? I'm not sure I want to go into a real game as a healer, and it doesn't work in training mode.

No, you can't re-roll or time out quests. You can do them in co-op vs bots though.

And maybe this is just me, but as a beginner, I find healing characters more fun than melee. When I play a melee character, I just get destroyed as soon as an enemy hero shows up on the screen. As a healer, I actually get to participate and some of them have a strategic element. The only problem as a healer with bot teams is you will be healing like a champ and then all of a sudden your entire front line retreats behind you to be a punching bag!
jere

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games