Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:53 pm

JAPANESE VOICE DLC HOLY FUCKING SHIT

(some games have an install option to run off the HD instead of DVD; makes transitions a fuckton faster)
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:43 am

Yeah it cuts load times considerably.

so far, I'm loving the game. I didn't download the Voice pack, I was going to but I didn't really want to use up 4 gigs of HDD Space just to turn it on for 2 minutes and then turn it off again because I couldn't understand wtf they were saying lol
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:05 am

There's still subtitles. They're from the localization script so the j. Dialogs doesn't match up directly, but it's serviceable. You'll only notice differences if you're reasonably conversant. There are some changes in nuance, but the localization team is pretty deft.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Just an update... I'm so happy with this game now. It makes me wonder why I hated XIII so much (although I did try to play through it three separate times) since I don't feel like XIII-2 is that different. I have really, REALLY missed playing new FF games so it's a bit of a relief to like it again.

Also, I've always loved moogles, but this incarnation of the moogle is the cutest damn thing I've ever seen, especially when he speaks. D'awwww.

the best part of XIII-2 was Noel throwing Mog at shit

"Giddyup, Mog!" "ku-popopopopooooo...." *fade into distance*
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:21 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Just an update... I'm so happy with this game now. It makes me wonder why I hated XIII so much (although I did try to play through it three separate times) since I don't feel like XIII-2 is that different. I have really, REALLY missed playing new FF games so it's a bit of a relief to like it again.

Also, I've always loved moogles, but this incarnation of the moogle is the cutest damn thing I've ever seen, especially when he speaks. D'awwww.

the best part of XIII-2 was Noel throwing Mog at shit

"Giddyup, Mog!" "ku-popopopopooooo...." *fade into distance*

You must've switched leaders then. I'm using Serah (she's the default isn't she?) and she's the one chucking Mog. I love Mog sooooo much. Seriously. Cutest thing ever.

Think I'm about halfway through it now and getting seriously lost.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am

I need to sit down and finish 13.LR today before I go out of town again. I'm at the point where there's just a few side quests to do.

I hate this combat engine.

The "time limit" doesn't really matter at this point, but for the first few days it was stressing me the fuck out and made the game really, really unenjoyable.

I've put the game down and not touched it for days at a time, which has never happened with a first playthrough a FF title -- I'd power through a game in a couple-few sittings, then go back and min/max. I don't know if it's because this one is particularly horrible, or I'm just getting too old for this shit.

It seems like a lot of the game is geared for multiple playthroughs. The problem is they didn't make the *first* playthrough compelling enough to make me want to come back for more. YMMV, but I'm really, really, really turned off by the button-mashing combat system.

On the plus side, moogles do get thrown for a side quest, and that was great.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 am

Is the clock unimportant? I've got a friend who is freaking out about it (I've not played it yet). To the point where he saves the game, plays ahead, finds out what to do, then goes back to his saved game and replays it but now with the knowledge of what to do so that he saves time.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:35 am

Yeah he's WAY overdoing it. You can finish everything in the right time no problem. As long as you don't afk all the time haha.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 am

Playing FFX, Despite not being "done" with FF13LR.

God I miss this kind of combat. V.sad there is no Japanese language option, but Wakka and Rikku very nearly make up for it, especially if you picture Bender and Bubbles every time they talk.

Too bad the VAs for Tidus and Yuna are execrable.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Other Games