Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Passionario » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:41 am

Sagara wrote:Implied BoK and BoM :-p

They can also pay for themselves if you use them as removal enablers.

For example, let's say you have a 3/3 elf and I have a 3/5 Tazdingo. You play BoK on the elf, bringing it to 7/7 and slam into my troll, killing it. Next turn, I kill your elf with a removal spell (for example, Shadow Word: Death). Both of us spent 2 cards, so we're even. And that's the worst case scenario - if I don't have a removal spell available, your elf can continue to kill my creatures or smash my face, bringing you further ahead.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:50 am

It's the same way I use my lightspawns, to destroy dangerous minions when I don't have a removal spell myself. Matter not if i wasted 2 cards to remove that Deathwing off your board!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 am

Honestly, BoK/BoM are nice, but I feel they lack enough reliability when comparing options.

Equality, Hammer of Wrath, Avenging Wrath, Consec, Ironbeak Owl... All those things feel much more capable in sheer desctruction and/or flexibility.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 am

Sigh. My game still bugged and unable to start matches.

Edit: I finally got past the loading screen again and it gave me credit for 1/3 games played. So it must have connected the other player and not me.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Is there any particular reason why, every time I'm at the end of a match and a player could finish me off by just hitting me once with a minion that's out, they always go out of their way to play every other card and attack open to them before killing me?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shamora » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:54 pm

Some people just like to show off, but there are quests to kill so many minions or play so many spells.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:02 am

Remember there's a Concede button in the Menu. After all, nothing bad about "Well Played" -> "Concede" if the other guy's an ass... :P

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:44 am

I do that when I realize I can't win that game, not important what the enemy does. No point in wasting more time :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:54 am

Depends. Sometimes I just Well Played -> End Turn if I feel the match was good. Kind of a "reward" for earning my respect.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 am

Yeah, there are time when I keep going thinking that if the opponent gets an unlucky draw I might maybe turn it around (for some reason my Fireballs and healer cards never show up until the very end of the game, if they appear at all), but when it's a clear case of one-hit I don't know why I don't just concede.

Anyway, I'm starting to get the hang of the game, though my deck is of course not very good. I've only had 3 packs, so still pretty much just Basic mage deck I'm using. Trying to find a balance between +spell damage cards, and cards to protect those cards.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:52 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, there are time when I keep going thinking that if the opponent gets an unlucky draw I might maybe turn it around (for some reason my Fireballs and healer cards never show up until the very end of the game, if they appear at all), but when it's a clear case of one-hit I don't know why I don't just concede.

Anyway, I'm starting to get the hang of the game, though my deck is of course not very good. I've only had 3 packs, so still pretty much just Basic mage deck I'm using. Trying to find a balance between +spell damage cards, and cards to protect those cards.

Tried some of the "Free" deck on hearthpwn or hearthhead?

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Looked up the top rated Mage one on Hearthhead, put it together then decided it wasn't my kinda thing. After I had a match where I used freeze effects pretty well, refocused my deck around using those. So I now have +spellpower cards, freeze cards (most do damage), apprentice (reduces cost of spells), and other minions for attacking or drawing fire. Gonna see how that works out for me.

I just played my first Arena round. Lost three games in a row as a Priest, but at least you get a prize out of it (allowed me to craft a new Ice Lance, at least).

Edit: Ha, I just had the most fun game so far. Priest took me down to 6 health while he was still at full. I managed to pull out a mirror image, two higher health taunt cards, and just barely managed to destroy or control his minions as I threw out every other minion that came my way, until on the last couple rounds I had 5 minions attacking him. I had 4 health left for the last four or five turns. Very, very lucky.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:19 am

So I was pretty happy with how my deck was working out, but then I hit 2-star Platinum and started losing everything. :lol:

Seems like most decks at this level are summoning lots of minions, and I'm struggling with that - spend so much time controlling and reacting that I don't deal damage to the enemy hero.

Edit: Oh, wow, it just happened again: Warrior brought me down to 5 health, he had 30 health and 19 armor. I won. :lol:

I have also encountered quite possibly the worst Warlock ever. He regularly took too long to make his moves (and you could tell he wasn't afk), he accidentally hit himself with a "deal 5 damage and draw a card" spell, and when he was down to 2 health at the end (with a fair chance of still winning) he used Life Tap...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 am

I've been playing around with a priest deck. Using the Berserkers that gain attack when they take damage and using PW:S, PW:F, taunt creatures and various heals to keep him alive until he gets beefy. The only flaw in this plan are insta-kill spells (or overdrawing from the "heal a minion, draw a card" minion that causes some of my cards to get destroyed...)

Only issue I've had thus far was against another priest (though admittedly, I haven't played many matches beyond the basic practice decks and a handful of pvp.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:26 am

I got some good use out of the Berserker for a while - it goes really well with the Mage's 1-damage Hero ability - but ended up dropping it from my deck because it was pretty often getting killed as soon as it was out.

I'm having better luck lately. I think my win/loss ratio is starting to even out. Still at 2-Star Platinum.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games