Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Worldie » Fri May 30, 2014 2:38 pm

What makes the card "not op" is the fact that it costs 3 mana, so you can't just play a legendary and it toghether, you have to carefully plan it.
Which is why I don't think it'll make it in the high rank play unless you have a deck revolving on a very strong low cost minion that enemy is forced to remove (say Cho or Nat Pagle or similar stuff), which I don't think is the case in the current meta.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 30, 2014 3:00 pm

What keeps coming up elsewhere is that this card will find a place in aggro decks. Being able to refill your hand is a key part of aggro play, so even if this just gives you two Leper Gnomes, or Wolf Riders, or Loot Hoarders, it's a strong card. It'll be pretty much like Arcane Intellect in those decks.

In other news, I dropped the mage after I got stuck back down at rank 7 and knew I wouldn't get high up again. I have switched to a pretty standard Shaman, and so far in 12 games played I got 9 wins. For some reason I'm finding the mirror match against Shaman really easy.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sat May 31, 2014 12:03 am

I supposed I'm just weird & suicidal for doing rankeds as Priest
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat May 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Ended the season rank 4. Almost hit rank 3 this morning, but dropped back down.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:32 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Ended the season rank 4. Almost hit rank 3 this morning, but dropped back down.

Ended at rank 1. I think I had four matches at 5 stars, one victory away from Legend - lost them all. Sigh.
Paxen

Postby Passionario » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:26 am

Ended up at rank 11 solely through dailies.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Torquemada » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Started playing with a variant of the Shockadin deck. The only changes I'm running from the current version are to drop the Hammer of Wraths for Knife Jugglers and to replace the Noble Sacrifice with a Light's Justice.

More than half of what I go up against are Zoo Locks, and I'm finding the LJ to be more valuable turn after turn than a one-time Noble Sac. Additionally, the Hammer of Wraths cost too much and go against the purpose of Divine Favor by adding to your hand after use, and are a waste of mana to drop most of the Zoo minions. I also ran up against someone who wasted an Ooze to drop my LJ, freeing me to pull out a Truesilver Champion the next turn.

I tried also changing the Worgen Infiltrators for Argent Defenders to help keep up the Knife Jugglers, but I found that I wasn't getting much value from them, and they were actually hurting my mulligan draws at the beginning of the game. The Worgen aren't that great unless you get them in a starting hand or from a DF, but that's the point.

The other deck I face rather heavily is Control/Ramp druid, and in addition to helping to give board advantage or attacking the face with KJs, they become excellent fodder for Wrath and other spells Druids bring, allowing me to drop Wolfriders and other minions without nearly as much difficulty.

Too bad I'm only getting to play dailies since I'm currently working nights and trying to finish my master's thesis.
Torquemada

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:30 am

I wonder when they'll get around to adding a Holy Shock card to the game. It's a pretty iconic Paladin spell and it's missing.

(My thought is it could be a versatile card, like "Deal 4 damage to an enemy character, or restore 4 health to a friendly character".)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:46 am

played a bit with an aggro paladin deck, mostly to do dailies. built it a bit more aggressive and without AV, consecration and hammer. wanted to keep mana cost low to make the most of divine favor. had BoK though, that was really good for me. also used raging worgen. most of the time ok-ish 3 drop that just gets killed, but if it lives and especially if you have a BoK, it can be pretty impressive.

abusive sergeant, argent squire, leper gnome, shieldbearer, young priestress
argent protector, dire wolf alpha, knife juggler
raging worgen
defender of argus, leeroy

1 blessing of might, 1 equality, 1 sword of justice, 2 divine favor, 2 truesilver champion, 2 blessing of kings

Doubt there's a mathcup where this is better then warlock aggro though. sometmies divine favor is super impressive, but if you don't draw it, runs out of steam quite often. and the paladin hero power is just very unimpressive.
Kai

Postby Paxen » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:09 am

Noble Sacrifice is there to give you an extra turn against decks like Handlock and Control Warrior, but Handlock is already a good matchup and Control Warrior was very rare last season, so I can see the argument for dropping them. Don't agree that Hammer of Wrath is bad for the card draw - more card draw is critical, and it gives you another source in addition to Divine Favor.

Druid is my worst matchup, so I should try that Juggler swap.

edit: Juggler doesn't do a lot (other than soaking up removal, but what else in my deck needs to be protected from removal? Leeroy?). Druid still sucks, so I'm going to try to swap it with 2x Owl instead (sooooo many taunts :( )
Paxen

Postby Kai » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:28 pm

BoK is wonderful against big taunts! sure, the 5/10 is a bit much, but the 4/6 gets completely owned by it.
Kai

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Oi fellow heartstoners, do you know if there's any Priest deck that works well or at least ok in the current meta of "lol i play aggro 1 turn kill decks and own you"?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kai » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:14 am

well, there's one HS streamer - amaz - who only plays priest and generally gets up to legend. not the most effective way to do it, but it works. wild pyromancer + pwd shield is pretty good. and the usual tricks with circle of healing.

http://imgur.com/ttY34Pc
Kai

Postby Torquemada » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 am

I put the Light's Hammer in to try to help with Zoo board control, and haven't used it for that once. The one time I did pull it was against a Miracle Rogue, and I found myself rather wanting the Noble Sac I gave up.

For the purposes of my deck, I'm liking the Knife Jugglers because they have the potential to help remove more minions for the masses of Zoo Locks I keep bashing my face against. So far they're working very well for that. I still continue to have trouble with Ramp Druids, which are probably 1/4th of what I run into.

Saw a Handlock for the first time in at least a week today. By turn 5 I'd killed 3 of his giants (2 Molten and a Stone) through the joy of Coin+Equality+Consecration. I could feel him weeping.
Torquemada

Postby Passionario » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:28 am

Worldie wrote:Oi fellow heartstoners, do you know if there's any Priest deck that works well or at least ok in the current meta of "lol i play aggro 1 turn kill decks and own you"?

Not really. Either switch to a different class, wait for Naxxramas to shake up the meta or reconcile yourself to fighting an uphill battle every time.

Priest works rather well in tournaments where you can use it as a deck that you switch to once you see what your opponent uses, but I wouldn't run one on ladder.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games