Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 am

Have now switched to Miracle Rogue after getting a lot of new cards made. Not quite working out so well so far, think the meta shifted while I was crafting it. (The Priests that were beating my Warrior suddenly vanished and everything got taken over by Mages, Hunters and other Rogues.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Alarm-o-Bot is such a very slow card, though. Play on one turn, drops a minion the next turn which can't attack until the turn after.

Try it in Druid. Turn one, Innervate into Bot. Turn two, drop Rangaros/Geddon/Ysera/Malygos.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Paxen » Tue May 13, 2014 7:06 am

Passionario wrote:Try it in Druid. Turn one, Innervate into Bot. Turn two, drop Rangaros/Geddon/Ysera/Malygos.

Now, how do you build a deck that can do that consistently? :)
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 13, 2014 11:25 am

One of the good things about using Shaman was that I could wait a little while and drop it behind a Feral Spirit. Also, Windfury.

With Druid... I suppose you could build the deck so that if you don't get the bot out, you can still ramp into the big minions with Wild Growth and Nourish.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Tue May 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Paxen wrote:
Passionario wrote:Try it in Druid. Turn one, Innervate into Bot. Turn two, drop Rangaros/Geddon/Ysera/Malygos.

Now, how do you build a deck that can do that consistently? :)

You don't. It's a gimmick that relies on luck and shock factor. Consistency is for aggro and handlocks.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed May 14, 2014 12:29 am

And when it works, it works. Nobody expects turn 2 Deathwing.

...Though I have now disenchanted my Alarm-o-Bots and Deathwing to make my Rogue deck.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 pm

The new Rogue card is:

Anub'ar Ambusher - 4 mana, 5/5, Deathrattle: Return a (random) friendly minion to your hand.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Thu May 15, 2014 7:05 pm

That looks borderline OP to me. *shrug*

Was SO CLOSE in arena, just finished an 11-3 run, best I've done. Really strong Rogue, even with no deadly poisons. 2 Backstab, Evis, and Disguised Toasts are strong, and I only had a couple of subpar minions. Great curve too.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 16, 2014 12:27 am

What on earth is a Disguised Toast?

I'm having most success on the ladder right now by going back to my Antonidas Mage deck. Which still isn't very much success, but better than I'm managing with my other decks lately. At least it's fun when it works.

There are still too many Priests on the ladder. Which completely contradicts when people are saying on things like the DKMR Meta Report (where Priest is listed least popular), but it's what I'm seeing.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri May 16, 2014 1:07 am

It's a joke on the SI 7 agent's emote of "Ah, dis'guis' toast!"
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Paxen » Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 am

Finally found somebody else who's playing Rogue Burn: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/52999-in ... burn-rogue

I'm gone over to using a slightly modified version of his modified deck (so 2x Cold Blood because it's awesome - I'm not using Legendaries, and I've added Sprint and Nightblade from my version).

Haven't played it enough to beat my previous best of rank 12, but I just got there now and I'm still winning games. Looking good.

(edit: my list is the linked list -Leeroy, Talnos, 2x Deckhand, +Sprint, 2x Nightblade, 1x Shadowstep)
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 16, 2014 6:55 am

I accidentally lost a game to that kind of Rogue deck this morning.

I say "accidentally" because I had them at 5 health, with 10 mana and Ice Block + Archmage Antonidas in my hand, but for some dumbass reason I played Gadgetzan Auctioneer + Ice Block + Mirror Image and tried to dig for a spell in my deck to finish.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Fri May 16, 2014 7:42 am

Oops!

It's probably no good at lower rankings, but does just fine at my churlish rank. Maybe I'll get my druid tempo/cockroach deck to work once this stops working. I got a golden Cenarius who'll turn into Cairne when I start playing that deck seriously again.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 19, 2014 12:48 am

Worst thing about losing a match on my Mage to a Rogue because of a misplay is that Rogue is already my worst matchup (25% win rate).

Still having a lot of fun with Mage, though. The deck's pretty good against Priest (75%) and Mage (73%), with the rest being in the 40-60% range. So value depends heavily on which classes are being played more.

Lost to a Priest this morning, though. They got a Pyromancer + Northshire Cleric rolling and I never drew into what I needed.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games