Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 pm

I started to get curious about this game so went and turned on the opt-in, and somehow got into the US beta (rather than EU). So I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm going to be giving it a try.

Edit: So... I opened the game, went into the first tutorial thing against Hogger, then when I clicked Play for the next one the game froze. Now every time I open the game I get a "timed out" message and it closes.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Sagara wrote:The amount of removal in every deck has turned me off Blessings as a whole. That makes a single removal able to nuke two cards, and seeing how weak our card advantage is, we can't really afford it.

BoW instantly replaces itself, so there's no reason not to use it.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Implied BoK and BoM :-p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Shamora » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Andurin wrote:PMed the key :) Enjoy ^^

Thanks a ton, she put it in and it worked. :)
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm

So what do you do when your opponent AFKs? Is there any kind of timeout? I've been waiting a few minutes here.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:36 pm

There's a timeout on turns, after a minute it autopasses, so you should easily finish him off in few minutes worth.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:39 pm

We need more reminders about the "Concede" button. If you're going to AFK, might as well drop the game - same result, less trouble.

Sagara

Postby Andurin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:24 am

Aaaaaand I forgot to make my deck in the deck builder :p So this is kinda what I can remember from the top of my head that my deck looks like.

By no means a well tuned, professional created deck as far as tcg standards go. But I enjoy playing it ^^ Basicly the goal is to have the opponent waste as much removal as possible on the monsters but keep on playing them (when sensible ofcourse). Some disadvantages: Arcane explosion, Holy nova and Hellfire... :roll: They kinda destory most of the monster you`ll have on the field ^^
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:26 am

Worldie wrote:There's a timeout on turns, after a minute it autopasses, so you should easily finish him off in few minutes worth.

There was no timer, and I'd waited about five minutes before I posted. When I finally tried to concede it did nothing. Seems the server had crashed, but you'd think it'd tell you you'd disconnected rather than just sit there forever.

Couldn't get back into a game after that, so all I've done so far is defeated the Priest and Paladin practice and played one-and-a-half matchup games. I have no idea what I'm doing with my (currently still Mage) deck, just mainly stacked up on Mage spells and +Spell damage cards with a few ordinary minions to deal damage and soak hits.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:43 am

Got that same trouble yesterday in my Hunter vs their Warlock matchup. Game froze during my turn and I started grumbling about auto-loss due to disconnect.

Same situation - no info about being disconnected. Just had to exit the program, wait for my connection timeout and relog.

Sagara

Postby Kai » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:04 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Worldie wrote:There's a timeout on turns, after a minute it autopasses, so you should easily finish him off in few minutes worth.

There was no timer, and I'd waited about five minutes before I posted. When I finally tried to concede it did nothing. Seems the server had crashed, but you'd think it'd tell you you'd disconnected rather than just sit there forever.

Couldn't get back into a game after that, so all I've done so far is defeated the Priest and Paladin practice and played one-and-a-half matchup games. I have no idea what I'm doing with my (currently still Mage) deck, just mainly stacked up on Mage spells and +Spell damage cards with a few ordinary minions to deal damage and soak hits.

that's a known bug. happens here and there. and the game did not crash. YOU timed out. if you wait a looong time, you'll eventually get a fast forward of how your opponent killed you. I sat it out once as I had to go grocery shopping anyway and didn't want to play any more. After I was back, eventually the fast forward started.
The game just crashed/disconnected but just on your side. Your opponent won't have to wait very long. After your first turn times out, on your next turn the burning-down-time-out thing started immediatly as your turn starts until you actually do something. so after your first time-out turn, your following turn lasts 10 seconds or so. but you've definitely lost that game, just close client and restart HS.
That's around for a while, suppose they'll fix it eventually, but it's still beta after all. happens.
Kai

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 am

Did the opt in about a week ago... no key yet, but if someone happens across an extra, I'd appreciate it!
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Andurin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:12 am

Check your PM Skye :) My girlfriend had a spare one (and we are out now, dont go poking me for more :p ).
Andurin

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 am

Andurin wrote:Check your PM Skye :) My girlfriend had a spare one (and we are out now, dont go poking me for more :p ).

I'll be sure to pass along the favor if one comes through my inbox. Thanks again. :)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:08 am

Kai wrote:that's a known bug. happens here and there. and the game did not crash. YOU timed out. if you wait a looong time, you'll eventually get a fast forward of how your opponent killed you. I sat it out once as I had to go grocery shopping anyway and didn't want to play any more. After I was back, eventually the fast forward started.
The game just crashed/disconnected but just on your side. Your opponent won't have to wait very long. After your first turn times out, on your next turn the burning-down-time-out thing started immediatly as your turn starts until you actually do something. so after your first time-out turn, your following turn lasts 10 seconds or so. but you've definitely lost that game, just close client and restart HS.
That's around for a while, suppose they'll fix it eventually, but it's still beta after all. happens.

Alright, I guess that's what happened. All I know is after I exited game and restarted the matchmaking service was down and wouldn't let me do another.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games