Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Kai » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:47 am

that has nothing to do with my argument. obviously the minion is modified and there's no card attached to it. that's the same in magic. some cards stick to the card, others add counters. but the card sticking to the minion only serves as a reminder so you know what's going on.

but obviously hearthstone remembers quite well what modification took place, it's not just altering the minions stats and it's permanent then. if i silence a BoK off, it very well remembers to remove exactly those 4 power added. but why does it only remove 1,2 or 3 health, depending on how much dmg it took? if you hover over the minion, it also sais very clearly how it got modified. now a silence effect logically would remove the entire modification and not 'if that happened, then remove this part, if that happened, then we remove that part'.
Just doesn't make any logical sense to me whatsoever.
Kai

Postby Sagara » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:58 am

Think of it this way: Take a 1/1 minion:

Health: X
Damage: .

On whom a BoK is applied:

Health Bar: XXXXX
Damage Bar: .....

Let's say you hit it with Frostbolt - where do you put the damage?

Magic's method:
Health: XXXXX
Damage: XXX..

Blizzard's method:
Damage: ..XXX

When the BoK is removed, you delete the last four boxes off the minion's Health

Magic's method:
Damage: XXX..

Blizzard's method:
Damage: ..XXX

It's logical, in a way - you don't deal damage to the last and most critical health point first. You start in the safe, end part of your health. If you did a bit of management, it's similar to the concept of FiFo vs LiFo.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby jere » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 am

It actually feels pretty intuitive for me. I see it as the "max health" stat was increased and that silence removes the buff "max health increased", but that doesn't affect "current health" which is just a minion "state". I realize it is pretty subjective though. I don't see it as one stat, but two (current and max) and silence only affects the part that the buff applies to.
jere

Postby Jabari » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 pm

So what in the world is the person with a Golden Velen, ALL OF THE GIANTS, Rag, etc, doing at rank 15 down with me and my scrubby non-collection just trying to do dailies? There really needs to be a "go away" or "c'mon man, really?" emote. :(

(And I still nearly got him, even though his Rag lived for like 3 turns and his Velen did for about 6.)

Ugh. Oh well. At least I got to be amused by a different guy killing himself with Holy Fire (had a Soulpriest out - whoops!)

Hey Kysen - what does your current Shaman deck look like? I'm actually at the point where I have most of that stuff (and about 400 dust to craft a missing rare or two). The rest of my decks are pretty junky, though I have a mid-range beast hunter that's kinda fun too (Highmanes are awesome).

Arena is still ridiculously hard, too. Got a 6-3 the other day and I was just about jumping for joy on that, best I've done in a while (and I was consistantly getting 7s before, very frustrating now).
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:04 am

Jabari wrote:So what in the world is the person with a Golden Velen, ALL OF THE GIANTS, Rag, etc, doing at rank 15 down with me and my scrubby non-collection just trying to do dailies?

it's the meta. control decks can be pretty bashed atm and lose ranks amazingly fast.

take my control warrior here: http://hearthstats.net/decks/ctrl--7

on friday night I got bashed so hard, 18 losses in a row. to aggro (Huntards, Zoolocks, Shamans)

I fellt pretty terrible and dropped down to rank 15...
on Saturday I built myself a new druid deck to counter those aggro decks (http://hearthstats.net/decks/out-of-my-forest-anti-aggro). and it went amazing so far. > 70% win rate and back up to rank 9.
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 am

Anyone know what decks can beat Zoo Warlock? My best decks are Control Warrior and Druid, and neither of those seem to be able to win against it more than 20% of the time. Really getting sick of seeing it - it's every other match. I'm stuck in rank 10.

Jabari - I haven't really touched my Shaman deck since I last posted about it here. I'm thinking about trying it out again, given the way my laddering's been going. With lots of taunt, and Lightning Storm, it could be good against zoo. Though I might have to fit Earth Shock back in for the divine shields.

And lots of big minions doesn't mean a deck is good. Priest can be brutal or it can be a complete loss, it's not consistent enough to climb the ranks well. They also tend to have weak early game, which would let a Warlock or Hunter get an advantage.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:31 am

I might try it like this:

Ancestral Healing x 2
Earth Shock x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter Weapon x 2
Stormforged Axe x 1
Ancient Watcher x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Feral Spirit x 2
Hex x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Injured Blademaster x 2
Defender of Argus x 2
Spellbreaker x 1
Azure Drake x 2
Gadgetzan Auctioneer x 2
Fire Elemental x 2
Al'akir the Windlord

Removed Windfury and 1x Spellbreaker, put back in the 2x Earth Shock. Should help deal with the Argent Squires and Scarlet Crusaders in Zoo decks.

Haven't tried it yet, though - it does reduce the ability to silence the Ancient Watchers, which could weaken the deck.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:41 am

- aggressive rogue
basically the same neutral minion shell that the aggressive warlock deck uses, but the warlock hero power is bad in such a matchup. backstab and the 007 agent along with deadly poison are also better then anything they have.
- hunter
both the midrange beast and the super aggressive hunter are great. zoo wants to overload the board. unleash the hounds is the single best card against that deck out there right now. also, again, both hunter decks render the warlock hero power pretty much useless.

the old control druid deck with ancient watchers etc is also ok. especially if you play claw as well. if you have some early removal, the big taunts are pretty tough to deal with.
obviously if you build your deck to win that matchup, you'll end up having problems against other slow decks. all this alexstrasa, ysera stuff is terrible vs zoo.

shaman is also ok, but again, the builds that are good vs zoo, have a big problem with the slower control decks and won't ever beat control warlock (although that doesn't really seem to exist atm).
Kai

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 am

My random thought: it's too easy to lose ranks.

As someone said above, if you get a loss streak you can fall down by 7-8 ranks or even more. As a result, you incurr in poor "normal" people like me, who are essentially stuck at rank 15ish, because I get DEMOLISHED by people with fully legendaryed decks, with very strong 100% meta following decks, that have much higher skill than that rank since they already made it several times to top 10 ranks.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:27 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Anyone know what decks can beat Zoo Warlock?

check out the druiddeck I posted just above your post. it destroys every aggro deck.

Worldie wrote:My random thought: it's too easy to lose ranks.

I agree, also I think since they released the game, the number of ranks is just insufficient compared to the players there are. in the old ranking system I played diamond 3 star . no problem.

when the new ranking system joined I came to rank 7-8

since release I haven't been able to pass rank 10 until this WE.

my decks improved A LOT since beta (I have almost every card now)

also aggro is too strong and should be nerfed, or control decks be buffed.

It's almost disgusting that control decks who need the be played very carefully and need almost perfect play can be destroyed by face roll aggro decks.
Schroom

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

LOL, just went 4-0 (going from 16 to 14) with this pile of junk. No aggro decks - a ramp druid, 2 priests, and a mage, though this really should do well against aggro as Kai said. Tazdingo > aggro, too :P

Minions:
2* Squire, Ooze, Ringleader, Earthen Ring, Yeti, Taz, Spiteful Smith
1* Juggler, Loot Hoarder, Harvest, Crusader, SI:7, DoA

Non-Minions:
2* Backstab, Poison, Evis, Assassinate
1* Perdition's Blade, Sprint

Spiteful Smith is good card for Rogue. *laugh*

All the one-of minions is because that's all I have. Not about to craft any commons (even the 2nd Harvest Golem) because the 40 to 5 ratio when I finally open one is just depressing. Should definitely craft the 2nd SI:7 if I want to tighten this up, it's really strong.

I know it seems weird, but I almost want the second Sprint in here. No other card draw at all (Hoarder doesn't count :P ). Certainly open for suggestions about how to clean it up further as well. I don't have any Cold Bloods at all at the moment (which combo well with the Divine Shield guys).
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Paxen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:32 am

I opened my second Legendary today! I now have two Malygos...
Paxen

Postby Jabari » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Paxen wrote:I opened my second Legendary today! I now have two Malygos...

Oh wow, that's awful. I guess you get the epic of your choice, but that's still really unfortunate. :(
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:30 pm

I got a legendary today as well, King Crush.

Now sitting on Ysera, Ragnaros, King Crush, Onyxia and Jaraxxus.

Are the king and onyxia good in some kind of decks?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:07 pm

I've heard of people using Onyxia in some Control Warrior decks instead of Ysera, but I've never actually seen it. There are better legendaries that would see a lot more use. I've seen a couple of King Krushes used in Hunter decks with more big minions.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games