Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Schroom » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:41 am

okay thanks. for the shaman I thought about using the Mitjdw anti hunter shaman.
http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/const ... jdw-shaman

it is a bit different from current meta shamans, so some things opponents don't expect. also I think I'll take the anti aggro version.

it is a local beginners tournament and as such I expect a few aggro decks. (as they usually are easier to play and less expensive to build)
Schroom

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:37 am

Any tips on playing against zoo locks? I get stomped by them (and aggro hunter, but I got a bit better handle on that) when I get down to rank 13-14. My usual decks are too slow, as it takes until about turn 4 or 5 before I can keep more than one minion on the table.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:31 am

what exactly is a zoo deck
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Schroom » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:11 am

a Zoo deck, as I understand it, is a warlock deck that is usually aggro oriented but without the focus on only demons, or only murlocs, but still very minion heavy. it has a variety of different kind of minions (hence the term Zoo) that are very cheap and allow nonetheless a very good synergy.

a few examples:

http://hearthstonetopdeck.com/deck.php? ... er=current

they where pretty dominant on the last Seasons metagame and are still very popular atm.
Schroom

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 am

From my point of view, a Zoo deck plays Shieldbearer turn 1, has five minions on the board on turn 4, and has killed me by turn 7 or so.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Signature things in the Zoo decks are the Shieldbearers and Dire Wolf Alphas. They often run Argent Squire and Scarlet Crusader, at the top end you'll see some Doomguards, some Argent Commanders. There are variations. The only demons they seem to play are Blood Imp, Voidwalker, and Doomguard.

They like to drop a Shieldbearer early and then buff it with Shattered Sun Cleric.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Worldie wrote:what exactly is a zoo deck

another stolen magic term that made sense in magic but doesn't here, the decks are somewhat similar though. in magic it's a very aggressive deck running lots of 1 and 2 mana minions and in that deck they were almost all apes, cats and other beasts. so someone called it zoo. the way the decks play out is somewhat similar.

and shieldbearer was only added quite recently. this warlock-rush deck with value minions existed since months. that's what got all these cards nerfed. blood imp, argent commander, dark iron dwarf. those were major offenders in that deck. still not sold really, it's good in a perfect draw, but drawing it turn 3-4 when your opponent actually did some stuff, it's pretty bad.

I am currently running with:
2* abusive sergeant, argent squire, flame imp, leper gnome, voidwalekr, young prieststress
2* dire wolf alpha, faerie dragon, knife juggler
2* harvest golem, shattered sun cleric
2* defender of argus
leeroy
2* doomguard
2* soulfire
Power Overwhelming

Not entirely sold on the faerie dragons, but I want a 2 mana minion there. Might be that amani berserker is the way to go. I've also considered -2 faerie dragon, -1 power overwhelming and +2 mortal coil, +1 bloodmage thalnos. probably too cute though. mortal coils are mainly good in the mirror, which I don't see often enough to justify them, I think.
Also the mirror generally ends up with one guy just curving out much better and resolving good defender of argus/doomguards while the other guy watches on. Don't think mortal coil is good enough to let you come back there.
Kai

Postby sahiel » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:44 am

Curse of Naxxramas looks like an interesting expansion to the game, I was wondering when they'd end up doing something like it, still hopeful they'll also go with something similar to the old raid decks from the WoW CCG as well, if the engine supports it playing with friends could be a lot of fun.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blo ... -4-11-2014

Also... holy Deathrattle batman (Cairne + Rivendare = ouch?). Looks like silence will be incredibly valuable when playing the Curse.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Some of those cards could be pretty insane. Let's say you have Cairne on the board. Play Rivendare, give Cairne Ancestral Spirit, then trade it away. You end with two Cairnes and two Baines on the board.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Well I wonder if they can actually make a vs AI battle challenging for the high ranked players while still being doable for people stuck at basic decks.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kai » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:17 pm

rivendare looks too situational for his bad stats. that spirit of nax looks really good. turn 1 innervate, spirit, good luck. also a decent card for miracle rogue, that deck lacks solid win conditions. pupping him out of stealth at 5/5 or so, cold blood him, smack and then stealth him again, pretty nice.

and for the AI, I'd be heavily impressed if they can do a challenging AI, but I doubt it. maybe if they give the AI more powerful cards, like the illidan hero ability or so. but programming an AI to do combat correctly ... ugh.
Kai

Postby Paxen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:43 pm

I wonder how they'll monetize it? Like arena, pay gold or cash for each run?
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 am

It's written at the end of the post, first wing is free, you gain access to other wings with money or gold.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:20 am

Worldie wrote:It's written at the end of the post, first wing is free, you gain access to other wings with money or gold.

Huh, missed that. It looks like a one-time purchase, maybe the replayability isn't very high.

Even so, it's a cool way to handle a card expansion.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:29 am

I used to like Heartstone, but the more I play the more i'm meeting people with near perfect high level decks full of legendaryes even at rank 25, meaning I (with a not-so-legendary deck) lose 99% of the games to rush decks or to people popping more legendaryes than my removals.

It's sad that I can't pass rank 20 because I just get massacred 30 to 0 most of the times.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games