Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:02 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:"Disenchant: Are you sure? The following decks will be invalidated: <List of all my decks.>"

In other news, I can't see anything about golden heroes, even though they said you'd be able to see your progress toward 500 games clearly on the Play menu.

The counter is on the right hand side above the play menu. It is light red on a red background, so enjoy that bit of UI greatness.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 pm

New totem animation completely caught me by surprise.

Anyway, turns out that counter only pops up after you win a game on that class. Guess it was naive of me to think they might let our existing win rates carry over...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:03 am

went up to rank 10 yesterday (from 18 as I didn't play much this season yet) with my warrior deck. as I don't have alexstrasza yet (kept paggle dust for the moment, wait if it is still played and worth it before using the dust)

here sit the deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/37408-sc ... rior-smith
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 am

New mini-patch today to fix all the new bugs the release patch caused. You know, the ones people said would show up when they heard that Blizzard was releasing their fixes on launch day instead of letting them get tested for a little while first.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:58 am

Is anyone else's Arena menu really dark since the release patch?

I'm trying out a very different direction with Shaman on the ladder. Seems to be working.

Ancestral Healing x 2
Earth Shock x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter Weapon x 2
Stormforged Axe x 1
Windfury x 1
Ancient Watcher x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Nat Pagle
Feral Spirit x 2
Hex x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Injured Blademaster x 2
Defender of Argus x 2
Azure Drake x 1
Gurubashi Berserker x 2
Fire Elemental x 2
Al'akir the Windlord

Cards I'm not sure about: Ancient Watchers feel kinda dead sometimes, if I don't manage to turn them into a taunt. I never really like it if I have to use Ancestral Healing to do that, because it stops me using it on Blademasters of Berserkers. Nat Pagle does't feel right but I lacked card draw.

Turns out Gurubashi Berserkers are pretty good against Hunter.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:12 am

Tide Totem no good?

That deck looks really cheap to make, too - the legendaries look like they can easily be replaced with other stuff.

LOL - I started the thread, but only just downloaded it a week or so ago. Having fun in arena so far, had a nice 10-3 yesterday. Started 0-1, went to 10-1, and lost to the same deck twice in a row after that.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:54 am

Yeah, it's a pretty cheap deck. Al'akir is a very strong card in it and isn't really played as a finisher, so it's kind of hard to replace him (Sunwalker, maybe, but lacks the immediate impact), but the other legendaries aren't essential. I've already tried dropping Bloodmage Thalnos while I've been playing around with it.

Nat Pagle is harder to get rid of, as I still think one of the deck's weaknesses is card draw (I often run out of answers in the late game). Mana Tide Totem might actually be an improvement after the Pagle nerf, but Shaman have way too many 3-mana cards already.

Things I've done: Dropped the Ancient Watchers, tried Sunfury Protectors but dropped those too. Tried 2 Azure Drakes and 1 Gadgetzan Auctioneer but not sure about the Auctioneer. Pagle's been out and back in again.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:07 pm

Okay, this deck has gone through a lot of little changes back and forth, and I think is stronger now. Here's the current lineup:

Ancestral Healing x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter Weapon x 2
Stormforged Axe x 1
Windfury x 1
Ancient Watcher x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Feral Spirit x 2
Hex x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Injured Blademaster x 2
Defender of Argus x 2
Spellbreaker x 2
Azure Drake x 2
Gadgetzan Auctioneer x 2
Fire Elemental x 2
Al'akir the Windlord

No more 'zerkers - they lacked reach most of the time.
Earth Shocks traded for Spellbreakers. I mostly wanted Spellbreaker for activating the Ancient Watchers I reintroduced to the deck. Tried one of each, decided to just drop Earth Shock entirely. It's nice to have the silence + 4/3 body.
Pagle gone. I have two Drakes and two Auctioneers for card draw, which I'm still not sure about - it's a little expensive.

The deck feels a bit better now. All the 4 attack minions mean it has better reach than when I had Sunfuries and Zerkers, especially now I can get my Ancient Watchers attacking. The card draw wasn't feeling right for a while - easy to run out of steam if Pagle didn't draw more than once - but a second Auctioneer putting it in my hand more often does help.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:39 pm

could try one doomhammer? such a nice finisher with rockbiter.
Kai

Postby Paxen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:21 am

I saw an intriguing deck on Hearthpwn yesterday - Tempo Rogue.

I still find it a bit difficult to get a grip on the concept, but the goal seems to be "action advantage" - an example would be Harvest Golem, which takes one action to play but requires two to remove. Divine Shield also gives "tempo advantage"

Here's the deck:
Minion (21)
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Ragnaros the Firelord
1x Sylvanas Windrunner
2x Argent Commander
2x Azure Drake
2x Defender of Argus
2x SI:7 Agent
2x Argent Squire
2x Harvest Golem
2x Loot Hoarder
1x Spellbreaker
2x Spiteful Smith
Ability (8)
1x Blade Flurry
2x Eviscerate
2x Backstab
2x Deadly Poison
1x Sap
Weapon (1)
1x Perdition's Blade

Does anybody have a better handle on this?

And is it possible to play without Defenders (Argus/Sunfury) and Argent Commanders? I got none of those, and they're all rares :(
Paxen

Postby Kai » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:08 am

not a big fan of argent commander in this deck anyway. cairne is also pretty expensive at 6. having lots of cards that 2-1 your opponent (force him to trade 2 of his for 1 of yours) is obviously good, but you still need to be quick with a deck like this. you won't beat a true control deck (warlock, druid, warrior etc) in late game, their cards are more powerful.

defender of argus is pretty tough to replace, it's so good. but the others aren't too bad. I like a more aggressive version better, something like

2 argent squire
2 southsea deckhand or leper gnome
2 faerie dragon
2 knife juggler (or loot hoarder if you don't have these)
2 defias ringleader
2 si7 agent
2 harvest golem
2 shattered sun cleric
2 dark iron dwarf
2 defender of argus
2 azure drake
1 ragnaros

2 backstab
2 deadly poison
2 eviscerate
1 assassinate

could run yeti over the defender of argus, although it's a considerable downgrade. fan of knives is also ok. in general this deck is great vs aggressive decks or in general anything that plays small creatures but has a problem with big taunts.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:14 am

On Saturday I finally crafted enough of the Warrior epics to make the control deck. I stuck with the Shaman deck above at first, because it was working, but I stalled out around rank 8 and switched to Warrior.

So far, very successful. It's got a noticably higher win rate than other decks I've tried (about 60%). It can deal with most other decks, though I still have to learn the ins and outs (Warlock giants seems to be my weakest; Warrior control is also a tricky matchup). I've made some mistakes, but I'm getting better with it. I think I can climb some ranks before the reset.

Mistake I keep making: Armoring up before taking damage - I keep losing out on armor value like that. Even little things, like a turn where I had nothing to do but cast Shield Block and kill a Leper Gnome with a minion, I did them the wrong way round.

But the deck's pretty good against Hunter and good against aggro Warlock - a matter of managing their minions and keeping armor high. With Hunter I also race them down by using my Fiery War Axes for face damage.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:38 am

Whats wrong with armoribng up before damage?
As I see it, armoring up to prevent actual damage is better than taking damage, then armoring up (please point out the flaw in my reasoning)

BArring a very few specific cards, you can't heal actual damage, but you can restore armor. Armor + actual health = effective health, and I can't think of any specifics where low health and high armor are good, except that one thing with the giants (molten?) that cost less the more damage you've taken.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Kai » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:06 am

amor is strictly better then health. it doesn't come up often, but sometimes it does. alextrasa is the best example. almost all the time it doesn't matter, but still, you want to use weapons first and then armor up. there's no disadvantage to having armor instead of health at all while there's very few cases where health is worse then armor.
Kai

Postby Schroom » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 am

yup because of stuff like alexstrasza, shieldslam, mortal strike and so on you want to keep armor as high as possible and value it higher than Health.
Schroom

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games