Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Kai » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 am

getting a pretty bad vibe here from my opponent!

Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Legendaries don't guarantee you can get to rank 10+ easily. Nor does lack of them guarantee you can't.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:04 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Legendaries don't guarantee you can get to rank 10+ easily. Nor does lack of them guarantee you can't.

No, but they do help a lot.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:48 am

Ahah that must have hurt like fuck!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 am

What must have hurt even more is thinking "What if I hadn't dropped that third Rag/Faceless Shapeshifter!"
That's one of the things that annoyed me as a Paladin - we burn through our hand sooo freaking fast.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 am

Well on his defense, you really wouldnt expect a Deathwing. Like, noone ever uses Deathwing. And shamans don't have a way to clear 3 big mobs at once!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Schroom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:57 am

exactly this Worldie ^^ but well I got punished for greedy play.

but hell what would you do with a Rag with divine shield , 10 mana and 2 faceless manips in hand? against an empty board?

only play 1 faceless, a token and pass? :P

nonetheless, it hurt yeah, but it was funny as hell :lol:

well played ^^
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:06 am

Yeah, doubt I'd be able to resist that play myself, haha.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:56 am

Well, in truth, I'd have played one faceless manipulator only there, cause that was enough to 1shot him as soon as the next turn ended. Playing both was definitely greedy play :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 am

Yeah. The correct play is to hold something back just in case. But it's hard to resist triple Ragnaros.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 am

I'm slowly getting used to people pulling out counters off a magic hat when I least expect it, so I'm always avoiding going all-in unless i'm 100% certain I can score a killing blow that turn.
Nothing worse than having a strong minion lineup just to have the enemy pull some trick (+spellpower flamestrikes, shadowflame on high dmg minion, clones etc) right when you thought you had won.

I think I was very sad when I managed to lose a game when a priest copied the last card left in my deck. What card it was? Lord Jaraxxus.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:48 pm

I'm slowly learning to resist the lure of piling on minions when I got a lead. They always have some kind of clear.

I've had great fun and also some success with my rogue aggro deck (gotten to rank 15, which is my personal best, but no further). Thought I'd see if I could get some tips for improvements?

I'm unlikely to be able to make a Legendary for this, but if there's a particular one that's very good it could be nice to have something to save up to. Epics are also a bit far off for me, but again, a tip for one is nice. Rares and uncommons are best to swap in of course :)
Attachments
Rogue Attack.png
Rogue Attack.png (220.16 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Paxen

Postby Schroom » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:26 am

Worldie wrote:
I think I was very sad when I managed to lose a game when a priest copied the last card left in my deck. What card it was? Lord Jaraxxus.

o.O was that me? I did exactly that with my priest about 1 or 2 weeks ago.

ended up being Jaraxxus vs Jaraxxus and I won.
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:25 am

Paxen, since it's a pretty fast, low cost deck, you might consider adding a Sprint to refill your hand in the late game.

If you're using Shadowstep you could try some Charge minions. Obviously Leeroy Jenkins is the ideal target (Leeroy + double Shadowstep = 10 mana, 18 damage), but other things can work as a combo finisher (maybe Arcane Golem?).

I'd say the Ironfur Grizzly is the least needed card you've got in there at the moment - it doesn't quite fit. Oh, and it occurs to me that Mad Bomber, though a good card, has anti-synergy with half of your minion cards.

Long term, look into Miracle Rogue, which you possibly won't have all the cards for yet but is worth working towards with the kind of things you've got going on there. The key thing in that deck is Gadgetzan Auctioneer and cheap spells enabled by things like Preparation.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games