Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Schroom » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:10 am

Nooska wrote:
Passionario wrote:Neat trick I learned today: if you play Eye for an Eye and immediately attack some big minion with a weapon, the secret will trigger. Makes for a rather unexpected finisher.

Non-obvious, but absolutely . used it myself a few times (it does say "when you tke damage"..) :-)

it is fun do Alexstrasza yourself with it ^^

imagine, you are at 30 and your opponent is at 15.

Now go and Alextrasza yourself.

*gg*

@Kysen. mh I'm missing the second molten giant to built this :( but sounds interesting :)

well i have like > 90% of all the cards right now so buying pacs gives me dust about all the time. this is why I go for arena now :) also as I get more dust (alsmost everything is disenchanted from my decks) I get to craft cards faster :D
Schroom

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:08 am

I just got Jaraxxus in a pack... how does one build a warlock deck? :o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:50 am

Not familiar with Warlock, really. Jaraxxus is something you see more in control or mid-game decks, though, so you'd be looking that direction.

Schroom: I've made a small change to my Shaman deck - I swapped the Faceless Manipulator for a Defender of Argus. I'm not sure if dropping that card was right, but I had no 4 drops and I wanted to more consistently be able to stabilise at low health with taunts.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:02 pm

I have no idea why this just popped into my head, but it did and I wanted to note it down.

Future card idea: Grand Expedition Yak, a Beast with Charge and Battlecry: Summon two 2/2 Grummles (of course when played the Grummles would be Cousin Slowhands and Mystic Birdhat). It'd have to be an expensive card, possibly even a Legendary.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 am

I've been trying out some other Shaman decks lately rather than my own one (which at this point is just way too slow for the current meta). I tried StrifeCro's Shaman and it was awful, just awful - I could barely win anything with it, for some reason. Then I made some changes based on Razor's deck from last week's King of the Hill, and suddenly it all worked. I had a 7-win streak yesterday. So I'm pretty happy with the deck for now.

But it's left me with one big question: Why can't I beat Hunters?

I've been using Hearthstone Stats since around Christmas to track my win rates, and for Shaman, across every deck I've tried, I have a 20% win rate against Hunter. That's half the win rate of my next worst match up (Warlock, 40-45%). I'm not sure why, but when I come up against Hunter it's almost a guaranteed loss, whether I'm playing a mid-range bursty deck like now, or a big slow deck that plays with huge late game swings using taunts and Alexstrasza.

No idea if it's just a bad match up, or if I'm playing things very wrong.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 am

when rush hunters where very popular I tweeted my deck adding very inexpensive taunts. A Hunter killer here is Silverback Patriarch. If you manage to slow down their assault they.

I love Realz decks too. :)

at the moment I play Krustyz Paladin Control deck tho.

it put me to rank 7 at the moment.

http://hearthstonetopdeck.com/Deck.php?d=520
Schroom

Postby Passionario » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:01 am

KysenMurrin wrote:No idea if it's just a bad match up, or if I'm playing things very wrong.

It's a bad matchup. You have no healing class cards to slow down their clock, your hero power feeds them additional UtH tokens and most of your removal puts you at a tempo disadvantage.

Do you run Ancient Watchers?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56 am

Not currently. Feral Spirits and a Defender of Argus at the moment. I can understand that the class is weak against rush decks, but 20%? That's ridiculous.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:53 am

If it's any consolation, Shaman is my weakest matchup even though I beat Hunters about 80% of the time. It's a rock-paper-scissors metagame at the moment.

(I run the third Ultimate deck from this article, substituting Alezstrasza for Cenarius)
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:18 am

Season ends tonight. Looks like I end this one with rank 5 as my highest. Need to try more.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:50 am

I'm ending at 10 due to time bottleneck.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:17 am

I stopped at rank 18 due to badness.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Note to self: Auchenai Soulpriest affects ALL healing. Yes, even neutral battlecries...

Edit: I went 0:3 on that Priest run, but then I opened an Antonidas from the reward!
Edit: The next horrible, short Arena run gave me two epics and a Sylvanas.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:42 am

Yesterday I managed to grind my way up to rank 12 with a Mage deck. Actually had a 9-win streak that got me most of the way, but then I started losing a lot...

This is the deck I was running. It isn't great, but it does the job most of the time.

Arcane Missiles x 2
Mana Wyrm x 2
Mirror Image x 2
Arcane Explosion x 1
Frostbolt x 2
Sorceror's Apprentice x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Acolyte of Pain x 2
Earthen Ring Farseer x 2
Fireball x 2
Polymorph x 2
Defender of Argus x 2
Water Elemental x 1
Azure Drake x 2
Cairne Bloodhoof
Sylvanas
Flamestrike x 1
Archmage Antonidas
Pyroblast x 1

Antonidas is not so easy to play out, and generally won't get used if you're behind. But if you can stabilise enough to spend a turn using Archmage + Mirror Image/Arcane Missiles/Arcane Explosion he can secure you the win.

I'm not sure about the Pyroblast, honestly, but I couldn't think of other things that would work as an alternative finisher.

I kind of think that Antonidas wants to belong in an aggressive style (with all the low cost damage spells used to trigger him, and the Fireballs he gives you) but plays as a very slow control type card. So the deck is a bit torn between the two and not so well crafted.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am

Is it wrong that I get angry every time I see a deck that plays more than two legendaries? Go play in rank 10 or better and leave me and my Malygos-only collection alone. When the game is released I'll spend some money, not before.

Had two arena runs today. The first was a miserable 1-3 Mage run, but which gave me an epic (Preparation) and two rares! And then later on I went on a tear with a Shaman deck with 9 wins - and my previous best was 4! The cards were sucky, but I got 260 gold, almost enough to fund another two runs.

I had some big comeback wins, a surprising number fueled by Windfury on a Frostwolf Warlord.
Paxen

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games