Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Passionario » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:47 am

I'll be the devil's advocate and suggest Nat Pagle. He's playable in practically everything.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:54 am

Or bait removers earlier.

Most of the time i was able to istagib legendaries. The games where i had sll my removsl/silences used, just putting a 8+ lege down spelt loss.

My understanding is that to make use of super high value cards, you need to prepare the way for them. If you play a ragnaros against a mage that has several cards in hand and hasn't used any sheep yet, you kinda just asked for one and wasted both the legendary and 8 mana
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:02 am

Yeah, that's why I laugh about it instead of complaining. (And in my case, it was Arena, so I could never have expected the other guy's Rag. I had two other minions down, one of them a taunt, to protect him.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:41 pm

A paladin I just played against in constructed used Gelbin Mekkatorque and got the one that buffs a random minion. Then on a later turn he gave the buff thing Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Wisdom, and Divine Shield. Then he used Faceless Manipulator. That was a pretty scary turn.

By the way, this is the deck I'm running after the advice from the turn2 podcast:

Earth Shock x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter Weapon x 2
Windfury x 1
Nat Pagle
Flametongue Totem x 2
Sunfury Protector x 2
Feral Spirit x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Hex x 2
Tinkmaster Overspark
Unbound Elemental x 2
Leeroy Jenkins
Doomhammer x 1
Azure Drake x 2
Fire Elemental x 2
Alexstrasza
Molten Giant x 2

It's a lot better than I had before, but still not amazing. The Sunfury Protectors are a big deal when I get rushed down and can drop Molten Giants then give them taunt (though they do get Black Knighted often).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:56 am

hoi, just found this thread :) nice.

I'm not going to read all 40 pages of this thread, so sorry if it came up already. but what sources do you guys use to know about the current metagame. what are the popular decks atm?
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 am

I tend to keep up with ihearthu.com and hearthpwn.com; I watch things like Turn2 and their King of the Hill contest, sometimes watch other shows like Master Class, Value Town. I occasionally watch streamers, but not so often. And if you're wondering about some decks that are doing well at the moment, it never hurts to look at what Savjz and StrifeCro are playing (check their Twitch pages), as well as others.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 am

thanks I didn't know Arthosis hosted a show like this :) great stuff. I now also found http://hearthstonetopdeck.com/ as I was researching Realz Druid deck. for everybody who is interested.

it is a great deck by way. went from rank 14 to 11 in 30 minutes yesterday :)
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:42 am

Team Liquid have got a Hearthstone discussion board now as well: http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/index ... ow_part=24

Other streamers that play a lot of constructed at high level are:

Kolento: http://www.twitch.tv/kolento
MaSsanSC: http://www.twitch.tv/massansc
Ek0p: http://www.twitch.tv/ek0p
Moldran: http://www.twitch.tv/moldran
Apllejacked: http://www.twitch.tv/applejacked
Veev: http://www.twitch.tv/Veev
Winkle

Postby jere » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 am

I've so far been leary to disenchant anything. With my limited knowledge on the game, I'm concerned I'll DE something that is actually a good card but just looks terrible and never be able to get it back. Are there any lists out there for what is ok to DE?
jere

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:48 am

General tip, I only disenchant redundant cards.

so if you got a card 3 times disenchant it once, as you can only use 2 of the same cards in one deck.

with legendarys you can only use one per deck. so if you got the same legendary twice, disenchant it once.

if you got a card 2 times / legendary once and you have the same card one more time in golden disenchant the golden one. It gives you a lot more dust.
Schroom

Postby Passionario » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:04 am

Neat trick I learned today: if you play Eye for an Eye and immediately attack some big minion with a weapon, the secret will trigger. Makes for a rather unexpected finisher.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Nooska » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:12 am

Passionario wrote:Neat trick I learned today: if you play Eye for an Eye and immediately attack some big minion with a weapon, the secret will trigger. Makes for a rather unexpected finisher.

Non-obvious, but absolutely . used it myself a few times (it does say "when you tke damage"..) :-)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Schroom wrote:if you got a card 2 times / legendary once and you have the same card one more time in golden disenchant the golden one. It gives you a lot more dust.

I honestly always giggle when I see people playing golden cards. Feels like a waste to me, I just disenchant them as soon as I see them in a pack.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:00 pm

My only golden cards at the moment are Mekkatorque and Auchenai Soulpriest... neither of which do I have a non-gold version.

I am contemplating spending some money on packs though...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:36 pm

My current Shaman deck is a lot more successful than I expected it to be, so thought I'd share. Warning: It's very expensive.

Earth Shock x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter Weapon x 2
Stormforged Axe x 1
Bloodmage Thalnos
Flametongue Totem x 1
Nat Pagle
Sunfury Protector x 2
Feral Spirit x 2
Hex x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Tinkmaster Overspark
Azure Drake x 2
Faceless Manipulator x 1
Cairne Bloodhoof
Fire Elemental x 2
Ragnaros the Firelord
Alexstrasza
Mountain Giant x 1
Molten Giant x 2

The deck has a pretty weak early-mid game, but makes some amazing comebacks in the late game.
I probably could drop the Bloodmage Thalnos, I almost never seem to draw or play him.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games