Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Yeah, I've made mistakes with order before too. Like using a Freeze then silencing the minion, heh.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Could tecnically leave to a good synergy between a silence minion and equality though if you want to hit the enemy and preserve your own hard hitter...

Or probably not too many cards at same time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Does Equality hit your minions? I just thought it was enemy minions...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Equality is all minions.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 am

On an unrelated note, turn 2 Mana Addict followed by turn 3 Coin+Rockbiter+Rockbiter+Windfury equals exactly 30 damage. :shock:

Worldie wrote:I just don't understand how everyone except me seembs to be drowning in legendary cards.
They cost 1600 dusts to craft and most cards give barely 5 or 20 if DEd ><

I bought a big bunch of packs for real money after the latest balance patch. Disenchanted everything that got changed and opened quite a few legendaries in the actual packs.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Paxen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:01 am

Passionario wrote:On an unrelated note, turn 2 Mana Addict followed by turn 3 Coin+Rockbiter+Rockbiter+Windfury equals exactly 30 damage. :shock:

Maybe I should add Mana Addict to my WF deck...
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm

The Turn2 podcast was asking for viewer decks to analyse on today's episode; I submitted a version of my still-not-quite-good Shaman deck, and they chose it to discuss! It's the very first deck they talk about.

Most of the comments were expected. Especially the one about not having Fire Elementals, heh.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 am

Amusement: after my rant about legendaryes I apparently got some luck in the last pack i bought.

Disenchanted the (imo useless) foil legendary, that's 1600 dust so I can get my hands on a actually useful legendary. Question would be, which one? Considering I'm playing Paladin in Ranked atm, would Tiron be a safe choice? Some people say Ysera is quite strong as well

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:34 am

Tirion is really strong, even if he gets sniped on his turn you still get one fine-ass sword out of the deal.

Another contender would probably be Sylvanas, even with the higher cost - she's annoying as all hell to play around, which is precisely what you need to enable a comeback.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 am

My problem with Tirion is that (as someone mentioned earlier in the topic), he might as well have "Battlecry: become silenced/a sheep/a frog" and you get nothing out of it.
Some friends made me agree that Ysera even if she gets shut off, you still get a dream card off, and getting 2 dream cards off means a massive rape for the enemy if he doesnt have removal.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:52 am

I'd actually put Ragnaros ahead of Ysera. He's cheaper, and you get at least one big hit out of him. (He's also good in a lot of different decks.) Ysera is a slow card.

I'd say your top contenders are Tirion, Ragnaros, Sylvanas, Cairne, and Ysera. I'd still go with Tirion first for Paladin - lure out removal with your Guardian of Kings or some good silence targets (Sunwalker? Blessing of Kings?) before playing him.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:13 am

Tirion > Sylvie/Ragna > Cairne > Ysera sounds best.
Ysera is insanely slow and if you get "lucky", you get a Laughing Sister or a Dream out of the deal. Yeepee.

Sagara

Postby Kai » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:48 am

big issue with raggy is that you get destroyed by the opposing raggy easily if you cast yours first on an empty board. or turn 8 raggy and opponent following with t5 faceless + big game hunter. still a great card obviously, but backfired a lot for me. :)
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:52 am

Haha, yeah, I don't have Ragnaros for constructed yet, but I had him in Arena recently and I had the whole "I play my Rag, he plays his and it kills mine" thing happen.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:29 am

Well, that's more blaming the card for troubles that occured earlier in the play. To put it otherwise: The other guy had a Rag *anyway*, so no matter what you played, he had either the advantage and would've kept his rag in reserve, or you had the advantage and it was stupid to play your Rag in the first place.

It's the same thing I keep hearing about Tirion, Ysera, hell, basically all game-changer cards: "Oh, but then he counters it and I've lot this card for nothing."

(pregnant pause with nosepinch)

There was a counter. No matter WHAT was played, the counter would've flown if your opponent felt in trouble. By that logic, we play a 0-card deck because anything will be countered at some point. It actually goes the OTHER way around - the more a specific card is countered, the more it implies it's a massive threat that requires immediate attention. The point is to find a way to wedge it in when the other guy's out of counters and flip the game for good.

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games