Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 am

Worldie wrote:I just don't understand how everyone except me seembs to be drowning in legendary cards.
They cost 1600 dusts to craft and most cards give barely 5 or 20 if DEd ><

I disenchanted aggressively. I DEd legendaries to get slightly more useful legendaries (IIRC I've DEd The Beast, golden Illidan, Onyxia, Al'Akir, Cenarius, Baron Geddon twice, and Millhouse Manastorm). I DEd epics that I'm not using. I DEd most of the blank neutral minions that I don't think I'll put into a deck. I disenchant almost every Hunter or Warlock card I get, most Priest cards, a lot of Paladin cards, some Warrior cards. All gold cards are DEd unless I absolutely need it.

It still took a long time to get all the legendaries I have. I still don't have Ragnaros, I only have one dragon (Alex), and only one class legendary (Cenarius).

I've slacked off on it lately because I have most of the legendaries I want and I'm starting to want to play more classes, and at this point getting the rare cards for those classes is more useful than getting more legendaries.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 am

Figured out early aggro works much better for Paladin compared to my control priest deck.

Here's how it looks like with the cards I got / managed to craft.
Any suggestion on what can be improved?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:11 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I disenchanted aggressively. I DEd legendaries to get slightly more useful legendaries

That's not an option for me - I got one legendary, Malygos. But then my card pool is pretty tiny overall (never bought anything (I don't like spending money on a beta), and only played for a month or two).
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:17 am

If I had Malygos and got to 1200 dust, I would absolutely disenchant him for the last 400 to craft something else; Sylvanas, Ragnaros, Nat Pagle, Bloodmage Thalnos, Tinkmaster, Cairne, Ysera - any of the ones that are useful for most classes. If you have no other legendaries, I'd say Malygos is too niche to worry about keeping him around.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:21 am

KysenMurrin wrote:If I had Malygos and got to 1200 dust, I would absolutely disenchant him for the last 400 to craft something else; Sylvanas, Ragnaros, Nat Pagle, Bloodmage Thalnos, Tinkmaster, Cairne, Ysera - any of the ones that are useful for most classes. If you have no other legendaries, I'd say Malygos is too niche to worry about keeping him around.

1200 dust oO

I need way too many other cool cards to have that many..
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:25 am

Heh. Yeah, you get the basics down first - essential rare neutrals, essential epics and rares for your favoured class or two. Then you disenchant everything else and start on legendaries. Takes a while, though. A full weekend of back to back Arena has put me at about 400 dust. I still think DEing gives way too little.

Spending money does help, but I completely understand not wanting to do that.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:58 am

Thing is, you talk about "disenchanting lesser epics / legendaryes". You are already assuming one got access to several of them!

How the hell does one get access to "several lesser legendaryes" to disenchant.

p.s. help me with the top deck :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:38 am

I don't have many rares and my only legendary is Mekkatorque... I've DE'd everything that isn't Paladin, Priest, Rogue or Shaman...

So far I've managed to craft about 75% of what I need for the Low Budget Rogue deck on IcyVeins. I figure if I can get that completed, it'll make it easier to increase my win ratio to up my gold intake... not to mention give me more drive to play.

As it is, I play sporadically, so building up dust is stupidly slow.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:14 am

Skye1013 wrote:
As it is, I play sporadically, so building up dust is stupidly slow.

My same issue.

My point was if there was any way to have a successful deck for someone who can't really afford to spend 2 days grinding arena non stop.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 am

Worldie wrote:Thing is, you talk about "disenchanting lesser epics / legendaryes". You are already assuming one got access to several of them!

How the hell does one get access to "several lesser legendaryes" to disenchant.

p.s. help me with the top deck :P

Well, I am speaking about what to do over time - I certainly didn't get my stuff over a couple of days of playing. I craft maybe one legendary every few weeks, apart from the times I bought packs (not doing any more of that).

As for the deck - I'm not so keen on Defender of Argus in an aggro deck like this. Get a second Dark Iron Dwarf instead. I'd maybe swap the second Cobra for a second Equality (they serve the same purpose, but Equality can be capitalised on in the same turn it's played).

I'd definately recommend getting Aldor Peacekeepers and Argent Protectors in there when you can. I know the Aldors are rare, I only had one for a long while and that's because it came in a pack, but they're worth aiming for. The Protectors allow you to trade minions much more effectively when you need to clear the board, which help keep pressure on the opponent.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm a bit against the argent protectors atm. They kinda require to have already another minion on field to be effective, and I feel I need more of the "istant threat" stuff for early turns. I've lost a bit too many fights to early aggro decks just wiping my lane off and having nothing to respond due to too many "minions that buff other minions".

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Random frustration: I just discovered that Silence REMOVES equality -.-

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Haha, yeah, silence will remove anything that's a buff or debuff. I take it it also heals to full health? Haven't seen it happen myself on Equality.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Was against some druid, he plays the tree 8/8 with taunt, i play equality but had no minions, put down a owl, giggling that i'd also remove the taunt... NOPE back to 8/8 :|

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm amused that it's just considered a debuff and it basically fully heals the minion with a silence... I wonder if it would save any damage from prior to the debuff...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games