Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 am

Just boutght 3 packs with gold - so, whats the deal with the Ancient Watcher (I mean, a minion that can't attack, what to use for? well void terror of course, but if not playing warlock..)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:13 am

It can be silenced, which allows it to attack, or it can be turned into a Taunt. The key thing is that it is incredibly cheap for its stats, so if you can do one of those things it's a strong card.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:44 pm

it's played in almost all slow control decks. for example the warlock deck i'm currently playing

2 argent squire
2 voidwalekr
2 ancient watcher
2 ironbeak owl
2 sunfury protector
2 eartehn ring farseer
2 defender or argus
2 senjin shieldmasta
2 twilight drake
sylvanas
ragnaros
jaraxxus
2 molten giant
2 mortal coil
shadow bolt
hellfire
shadowflame
2 siphon soul

although you basically never use the owls on them. but 4 cards that give them taunt is enough, especially for a warlock. sadly even with this much taunt, the rush hunter deck is not a good matchup. but control-warlock is great against anything else, it seems. although I always get bored when my win streak runs out.
anyway, decks like this is what the card is good for.
Kai

Postby Passionario » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:14 am

Nooska wrote:Edit: Another question, with about 600 gold, what would be best, buy packs or go arena (remembering that I am not brilliant at arena (yet?))

At this particular point, I recommend going for Arena. With open beta having just started, there are a lot of terrible players out there.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Winkle » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:48 am

If you're desperate for cards/to form a deck immediately then buying 3 packs so obviously best. Howver i value Arena more for 3 reasons:

1) It's fun to draft and play
2) It's allows you to gain a better understanding of how different classes and cards play
3) It can prove more profitable, sure you might got 0-3 and you've effectively wasted 50 gold, but if you manage 3-3 you earn 50gold and a deck, and then beyond 3 wins you're quids in.
Winkle

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:28 am

when I asked, open beta wasn't up in the EU, but definately going to have some fun with beginners - though do you imagine a lot of them will be spending money for the arena?
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 am

They all get their 1 free run, along with early quests giving them bonus gold: defeating all the Practice opponents, levelling all classes to 10, getting their first constructed wins. So they'll be around. But since arena only tries to match you to people with same win/loss numbers (and there'll still be experienced players in there), you'll only really see them on the first game or two if you're winning.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:06 pm

I don't think I've ever been quite as frustrated with a deck as I am with this new rush Hunter. Just irritates the hell out of me. Totally predictable, and yet they still win.

Edit: Oh, god. I just ran into a Warrior aggro deck that was using the Hunter strategy of "just go for the face, constantly". It's spreading...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:06 am

I've been enjoying my board clears with that.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Funny thing I noticed: I have a 100% win rate as Shaman versus Warrior, in any game mode.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Tryed to follow the suggestions, how does this look now?

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:28 pm

How worth it would it be to use the Injured Blademaster in a priest deck? Is it more of an arena valued card or is it decent for constructed?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:59 pm

The card itself isnt bad considering you can easily heal it up, but that still means using more mana on the heal.

I can see it as a good thing combined with the cleric or holy nova.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:04 pm

Hearthstone needs an emote for "Okay, you won, no need to be a dick about it."

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 pm

i'm generally squelching all my opponents. even with the few options blizzard gave them, people still manage to be dicks.

for that priest deck, don't think mind vision is a card and I think you want more high casting cost stuff. this isn't magic, you always have 6 mana on turn 6. not making use of that is just wrong imo. temple enforcer, the 6/7 ogre. something with toughness that hits for a bunch. two of those 5 mana 4/4 goblins that draw a card when you cast a spell would also work quite well. and harvest golem instead of razorfen hunter imo.
frostwolf grunt is also no real card. if you want taunt, use the 2/3 that gives two adjacent taunt. otehrwise a berserker or just cut a 2 drop for something more expensive.

I'd remove the mind vision, the grunt and one silence for a spellbreaker and three bigger cards. 2 temple enforcer and a 5/5 stealth tiger for example.
Kai

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games