Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Winkle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:59 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It's more that if I put Feral Spirits back in I'd need to commit to changing a lot of other things because of what I'd have to remove. Which might make the deck better overall, but it'd be a different deck.

I just looked over your deck again and you have absurd amounts of card draw, i'd be very tempted to drop the novice engineers for feral spritis. I dodn't think you need be concerned with overload.
Winkle

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:56 am

So my Paladin deck does okay but I'd like to move beyond the seeming feel of 50/50 win/loss.

2xArgent Squire
2xLeper Gnome
2xEquality
2xArgent Protector
2xKnife Juggler
1xSword of Justice
2xDivine Favor
2xAldor Peacekeeper
1xBig Game Hunter
1xBlood Knight
1xHarvest Golem
2xShattered Sun Cleric
2xTruesilver Champion
2xConsecration
2xDefender of Argus
1xAvenging Wrath
1xLay on Hands
1xRagnaros
1xTirion

I just swapped in the Blood Knight, from a second Harvest Golem, and Rangnaros, from an Argent Champion, yesterday so not too married to them being in my deck. I managed to get a round 3 forfeit with the Blood Knight eating 2 Divine Shields so that was nice.

Of the rest of my cards Knife Jugglers serve a purpose of being a high priority trade target for the other player but it feels like a waste of a card because of that but I guess it serves its purpose.

I'm debating trading the Leper Gnomes for the Abusive Sergeant since the lack of high damage minions is sometimes an issue causing my to need to blow an equality and/or a consecrate in a less than ideal situation just to do needed trades.

Also Tirion annoys me since his card text can be changed to "Battlecry: Become silenced, turn into a 1/1 sheep, or 0/1 frog on the next turn." and still be pretty accurate but I don't know if I should replace it.

My main miss is a silence. Druid decks in the late rounds with Ysera prove fatal if I already used up my Equalities so a silence would help there.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Winkle wrote:
Ancient watchers/Injured blademasters into Defender of Argus is a very strong play for priest, since you can keep the taunts alive. Northshire cleric for card draw sat behind those taunts and you're golden.

Right gonna look to add those cards and see how they go.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Winkle wrote:I just looked over your deck again and you have absurd amounts of card draw, i'd be very tempted to drop the novice engineers for feral spritis. I dodn't think you need be concerned with overload.

The card draw's there because I rely on combos to finish - have to fish for Rockbiter, Windfury, and at least one of the big cards for damage, and I need to have the right removal in my hand to deal with minions until that happens.

I did, however, find a way to fit the Feral Spirits back in. Here's the current setup:

Earth Shock x 2
Forked Lightning x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter Weapon x 2
Windfury x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Novice Engineer x 2
Wild Pyromancer x 1
Feral Spirit x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Hex x 1
Mana Tide Totem x 1
Tinkmaster Overspark
Unbound Elemental x 2
Leeroy Jenkins
Doomhammer x 1
Gadgetzan Auctioneer x 2
Argent Commander x 2
Alexstrasza

I'm currently debating switching the Charge from the Argent Commanders (which gives it combo potential) with Fire Elementals (better board presence). Edit: Or even some Giants, if I can craft them.

Edit: I'm liking the Fire Elementals more than the Commanders. They either do a lot of damage or draw a lot of fire, which takes heat off my hero and makes my Alexstrasza more likely to survive when she gets played.

So far the deck is about 50/50 in Casual, but it failed pretty badly when I switched to constructed.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Wow. Now that I'm playing ranked, it's Hunters everywhere. Unleash the Hounds is amazing now, usually played with Buzzard or Hyena.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 am

probably up to 3 mana soon enough. :)
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:24 pm

That one change really has made a huge difference. It seems like Hunter is really the aggro deck right now, overtaking Warlock.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:41 pm

well, warlock had both imps, argent commander, shattered sun cleric, dark iron dwarf, sylvanas and defedner of argus nerfed. thats 13 of 30 cards. eventually they got there, took them a while!
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:06 pm

I didn't think that the Imp change would really do all that much damage. Yes, it was overpowered before, but making it a little more counterable by nerfing the Imp shouldn't kill the spec.

Hunter, though, seems to be flavour of the month, and it might just be that all the Hunter players who were stuck at low ranks are finally able to rank up.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:19 am

Just lost an arena match because one of my cards bugged and prevented me from making the best play three turns in a row. :evil:

Edit: Slightly cheered up now by getting my 1000 wins achievement and 300 gold reward.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:42 am

Flex wrote:Also Tirion annoys me since his card text can be changed to "Battlecry: Become silenced, turn into a 1/1 sheep, or 0/1 frog on the next turn." and still be pretty accurate but I don't know if I should replace it.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/blogs/viewb ... pic_id=575
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:32 am

Passionario wrote:
Flex wrote:Also Tirion annoys me since his card text can be changed to "Battlecry: Become silenced, turn into a 1/1 sheep, or 0/1 frog on the next turn." and still be pretty accurate but I don't know if I should replace it.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/blogs/viewb ... pic_id=575

That's mostly why I'm against having high value minions in the deck, it's just too easy to take them off <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:49 am

By not carrying them, though, you're giving the opponent opportunities to use mana on other things instead of removing big threats. If they spend a turn removing your Tyrion, they might not have a chance to deal with whatever else you already had on board.

Big minions serve one of two purposes: Hit the opponent for a lot, or, force the opponent to deal with it. They're very much more often used for the latter. Pressuring your opponent and forcing their plays wins games.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:49 am

Also remember that low-cost minions still cost the critical ressource of a card.
Unless you're playing Warlock, the card you draw is likely the only one you'll get that turn.

If the other guy has a removal, he'll blow it either on your fattie, or he'll either blow it on the weenie anyway or keep it for something more threathening if he can deal with the weenie easily. If he doesn't have a removal, he's going to lose a LOT of tempo and potentially multiples cards dealing with your fattie, while the weenie is likely to be traded one-for-one, not losing him much.

There's a reason Tirion (and to a lesser extend, Sylvanas) has a massive target on his face, and why everyone keeps a Silence on hand against Pallies - A dead Tirion is bad, a living Tirion is a disaster. On the off chance the other guy wasted his removal elsewhere, you're likely to have instantly swapped the game around to you. On the on chance he still has his removal, he just opened himself up for a Ragnaros and/or Sylvanas later down the line.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Sigh i wish there was an actual way to get hands on those legendaries without nerding like a boss or spending a fortune <.<

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 am

Worldie wrote:Sigh i wish there was an actual way to get hands on those legendaries without nerding like a boss or spending a fortune <.<

I think the game needs cards like that to survive economically. Why would you spend money on it otherwise?

What I'd rather see is articles about winning decks that don't use many, if any, legendaries.
Paxen

Postby Passionario » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:13 am

Paxen wrote:What I'd rather see is articles about winning decks that don't use many, if any, legendaries.

Budget Hunter deck has only one legendary (Leeroy), which can be replaced with Animal Companion, and 0 epics. It is also terrifyingly effective.
Passionario

Postby Winkle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:48 am

There's two reasons hunter's so popular atm,

1: It's a cheesy no thought deck where you just go for the face and win
2: It requires next to no expsensive cards, like the warlock aggro deck that preceded it.

There's basically 5 decks in play atm.

Have all the cards including 6 legendaris? Druid\Pala
Relatively new to the game\not spending $600 on cards? Hunter rush\Rogue
Mid ground? Warlock giants
Winkle

Postby Sagara » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:12 am

Winkle wrote:It's a cheesy no thought deck where you just go for the face and win

*whistling in the background*

I'm still checking from time to time to see if my interest re-kindles, but that doesn't bode well.
So what's next on the nerf block? Explosive Trap + UTH? :lol:
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Paxen » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:48 am

I should probably try Rogue then.

Annoyingly, I've leveled Shaman, Warrior, Priest and Druid, and disenchanted a few cards from other classes. Don't think I've touched Rogue yet.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 am

Off the current subject, but I'm just playing an Arena run and it turns out that Innervate -> Demolisher is an amazing opener. Tears apart the opponent's field for the first coule of turns.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:22 pm

The only thing better than that is Innervate -> Alarm-o-Bot -> Turn 2 Ragnaros/Geddon/Ysera.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Or turn 1 innervate-innervate-coin Hogger.

In other news: I just got a Pyroblast in a pack. Yay 400 dust.

Also, I've been playing Arena a lot the last few days, and I've not had a single card or piece of dust as reward - nothing but gold, every time. That seems... odd.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

Update on the Shaman deck:

With the extra dust I got from arena packs, I crafted two Molten Giants. I swapped these in for 1 x Earth Shock and 1 x Fire Elemental.

The deck is feeling better, but still inconsistent. Some games I'll have too much card draw, other games I'll have the wrong cards and no draw in hand. Some games I feel like I have too much finisher in the deck, other times it never quite lines up. I had a few games where Alexstrasza felt unnecessary, then others where I had done no damage to the face and felt like I really needed her.

I decided to try dropping Doomhammer and Alexstrasza, but then had a game against a Mage who did no direct damage and found I didn't have a finisher I could play. I like the idea of Doomhammer as a combo possibility with Alex, but not sure I need it.

Alexstrasza is going back in, I'm sure. I dropped two Unbound Elementals for two Earthen Ring Farseers. I almost talked myself into a second Hex, but then realised the game that prompted that was just misplayed (I saw Taz'dingo and Yeti and assumed I was playing a cheap deck, then after I'd used Hex and Tinkmaster they dropped Malygos).

I think I need something to allow more removal, so I might try to put Flametongue Totems in, so I can use my totems to kill small minions.

So, probable deck to try tonight:

Earth Shock x 1
Forked Lightning x 2
Lightning Bolt x 2
Rockbiter Weapon x 2
Flametongue Totem x 1
Windfury x 2
Novice Engineer x 2
Wild Pyromancer x 1
Bloodmage Thalnos
Feral Spirit x 2
Earthen Ring Farseer x 2
Lightning Storm x 2
Hex x 1
Mana Tide Totem x 1
Tinkmaster Overspark
Leeroy Jenkins
Goblin Auctioneer x 2
Fire Elemental x 1
Alexstrasza
Molten Giant x 2
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:40 am

Okay, time to share/ask for suggestions.

Mage deck;

2x Arcane Missile
2x Mirror Image
1x Shieldbearer
2x Arcane Explosion
2x Frostbolt
1x Bloodmage Thalnos
2x Kobold Geomance
2x Arcane intellect
2x Dalaran Mage
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Ogre Magi
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Archmage
1x Lord of the Arena
2x Flamestrike
1x Pyroblast

After having played 7 games with a 7/0 record (both casual and ranked) I'm feeling pretty good about this deck. I am considering whethe rI want the polymorphs in there (maybe drop one)as I don't seem to use them much (think I used 1), but I like having the backup option to get rid of some mob (especially because it doubles as a silence, so I can get rid of pesky turn/deathrattle abilities).

I am playing it slow, not playing down my spelldamage minions till I have a taunt out, and keeping my damage cards on hand till I have spelldamage on the board.

Is there any obvious vuldnerability you uys see in this deck that can be remedied without seriously impairing the trifecta of damage, damageboost and blockers(taunts)?
(I only attack with minions if the path is clear, and don't fret over removing taunts from my opponent unless I don't have any and they are high attack)

I can usually dish out ~20 damage on turn 9+10 together (if not more - but allowing for what I've generally seen so far of the clearing of my spellpower minions)
There does seem to be an odd lack of clearing my spell power minions, maybe it isn't expected that I carry so many at the rank I'm at so far (22*, just with this deck and win streak) - so, waht should I be prepared for? (also, what would you term the theme/type of deck?)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games