Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Oh, man, I drew one of the funnest Druid decks ever tonight in Arena. So much card draw, and double Healing Touch. Apart from a bad first match I'm slaughtering people with huge card advantage.

I have an Ancient of Lore, Starfire, Nourish, Gnomish Inventor, Novice Engineer, and an Acolyte of Pain. That's between 8 and 11 cards drawn depending on how the Acolyte plays.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Heh, told you not to despair :)

Are you done with that run already, or how far along are you?

EDIT: Oh for the love of f*ck. We get rid of RoboMage for ONE day. And we get some FUCKING RoboLock the very next??
(For those wondering, a Murloc Lock deck that apparently spams mini-minions to crash you before the game actually starts. Think "zergling rush".
Are we *ever* going to get a serious metagame?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:28 am

That sounds fun Kysen :o I didnt do to well in arena's last night :( Got the 100 victory achievement but thats about it. Had 3 runs that ended between the 2 and 5 wins. So I created a mage deck that doesnt work untill I get enough dust to make pyroblast ^^' and made a murladin deck and got up to rank 19 now :o with winning a lot in a row and only lost one now. Not to bad ^^
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:44 am

FOr the record, do I have you on B.net? I can always PM you mine, me and Kysen tend to commiserate quite a bit about our opponents :-p

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 am

Sagara wrote:Heh, told you not to despair :)

Are you done with that run already, or how far along are you?

Not far into it, but I have high hopes for this deck.

EDIT: Oh for the love of f*ck. We get rid of RoboMage for ONE day. And we get some FUCKING RoboLock the very next??
(For those wondering, a Murloc Lock deck that apparently spams mini-minions to crash you before the game actually starts. Think "zergling rush".
Are we *ever* going to get a serious metagame?

Haha, yeah, Murloc Warlock is where it's at, apparently.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:38 am

Sagara wrote:FOr the record, do I have you on B.net? I can always PM you mine, me and Kysen tend to commiserate quite a bit about our opponents :-p

Me? I think so :p Only our playtimes are a bit diffrent I think :wink:
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:00 am

Made my first jab at an anti-lock for the flood I'm expecting tonight.
I gave up all the anti-mage and slower aspects of the deck to focus on pure, undiscriminate smashing and effeciency trading.
I'm just trying to find something to throw out for my Sylvanas. Probably an Argent Commander.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:28 am

Looks like a standard Paladin deck to my eyes. I suppose it's the Knife Jugglers, Mad Bombers and Argent Squires that distinguish it. Might run into problems against a line of health-buffed Murlocs. Equality won't work when an Imp or Murloc's aura instantly reapplies.

My opinion on defeating a rush deck: taunts and hard-to-ignore big guys (hence why I like Druid and Shaman right now). Have you considered Sunfury Protector?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:35 am

Is that equality + pyromancer combo realy worth it? I saw the equality + consecration combo but never got it to work really well yet sadly...
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:45 am

The thing is, the three cards feeds off one another.

Pyro/Equality: cheap full clear.
Pyro/Consecrate: double-dipping clear, perfect for health-buffed minions (consecrate hits first for 2, and AFTER that, Pyro its for an extra 1)
Equality/Consecrate: Classic expensive sweep for non-buffed.

And then you can push silly things like Pyro -> Cons -> Equality. It's a bit expensive, but you sweep for 2, then once more for 1 (most Blood Imps are D.E.D. dead at that point, and the rest is starting to suffer. Equality then activates ANOTHER round of swipe, which means that anything below 4 health is going to explode, Imps of no Imps.

Another card that I'm considering is good 'ole taz'dingo, more than Sunfury. Could possibly throw the Squires out for either of them. Another idea is Noble Defender, which I really like as a 1-drop. Sure, it's predictable, but it's still impossible to kill (unlike most taunters) if you're not a Hunter.

Sagara

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 am

Sagara wrote:Are we *ever* going to get a serious metagame?

How is this not the meta?

Mage wasn't nerfed for the meta, it was nerved because it isn't fun not being able to do anything for multiple turns in a row. However there were counters to it with heal decks and beefy minion decks. The current flavor are Warlucs which can be countered by specific classes, rogues are good, and specific card combos.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:43 am

So far I'm doing pretty well blunting the Murloc rush with a well-timed Earth Elemental.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:04 pm

I guess I'm just a tad annoying at *another* near-zero interaction deck, after "lolFreeze" Mage and "lolUtH" Hunter.

Sagara

Postby Kai » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:43 pm

if you look for interactive games, you're not playing the correct game. both in cons and arena maybe 1 in 5 of my games is actually close. most games someone is ahead and never falls back. close games where it swings back and forth, dunno, at least for me that doesn't happen all that often. the mechanic of being able to attack creatures stops it mostly. in magic you can use your life as a resource while coming back from a bad board situation. in HS that rarely works as your opponent just keeps wiping out your creatures and there's only very few cards that allow you to come back.

don't get me wrong, I like the game. but the whole game is not build with close board states in mind. it's just super swingy. usually if you win, you win by a mile.
Kai

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:48 pm

That's the feeling I'm getting too. Bah, i'll keep trying till I find something more fun to play.

's not like I spent alot on that stuff...

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games