Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:09 am

EU login servers are finally working again. Decided to try working on my Shaman some instead of the Mage.

And hey, the three quests I have after this involuntary 2-day break are "2 Shaman/Hunter victories", "deal 100 damage to heroes", and "play X 2-mana minions", so easy money.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:15 am

Playing my Shaman against a Hunter who drops almsot no minions, does very little. I'm sitting with Doomhammer and not doing much because of overloads and clearing the minions he does play. But then I drop a Fire Elemental and summon a taunt totem. He's on 24 health. I look at my hand, see Flametongue Totem and Windfury, and think "if only I topdecked a Rockbiter".

Then the Hunter played the Murloc that gives both players two cards. I drew Rockbiter and Abusive Sergeant. "Sorry", drop Flametongue, kill his 3/3 taunt with totem and Doomhammer, then Windfury, Rockbiter, Abusive Sergeant, kill.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Frost Nova, Cone of Cold and Blizzard will have a mana cost increase of 1 in the next patch.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:59 pm

I just got killed by a Rogue who used Leeroy Jenkins three times in a single turn with Shadowstep.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:24 am

Somehow I cba to make a constructed deck so I am having some fun in arena's. Ended one last night in a 5-3 as a warlock, wich made me feel quite good ^^ Rolled a new deck and got to 5-0 now with a hunter, but that should have been a 3-2...

My luck victory's so far:
- Opponent has 2 health left, 4 mobs on the board all 4/4ish stuff. Enough to kill me. I pull explosive trap :lol:
- Opponent has 6 health left, 4 mobs on the board. One 6/2 and other 4/4 stuff. I pull misdirection. "Meh, lets try it". Attacks with the 6 health first and he proceerds to hit his hero ^^ I almost felt sad for him... :roll:

And in my last arena runs I liked the buzzard / snake trap combo. This time I got no snake traps, but unleash the hounds works quite good aswell against a rogue. Murloc that summons another one + the defias combo guy that summons another one. Buzzard + unleash the hounds = 4 cards and at least 3 of the 4 dead (I pulled a hunters mark aswell so I could even clear his whole board). Maybe I should try a hunters deck with buzzards, snake traps and unleash the hounds. That could work, right? Or does anyone else have some inspiration for a nice constructed deck?
Andurin

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:04 am

I'm guessing that could work as your card engine. Next to that, you should probably roll Jugglers, Highmanes, and (to a lesser extent) Imp Masters to exploit minion summon and have even MORE summons.
For the rest I'm not really sure - Timber Wolves and Hyenas are no-brainers. and that makes about 16 cards before inserting classics and your own spin on it.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:21 am

Sounds like you'd have a lot of small minions there. You might want things like Snipe and Deadly Shot to deal with bigger things from your opponent.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Sounds like you'd have a lot of small minions there. You might want things like Snipe and Deadly Shot to deal with bigger things from your opponent.

Ooh good one ^^ Thanks for the tips :) Might just try and make something out of that tonight ^^
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:59 am

Tips on my Shaman deck? I started playing and making tweaks last night, and got it into this state (from memory, think it's right):

Lightning Bolt x2
Rockbiter Weapon x2
Worgen Infiltrator x1
Knife Juggler x2
Faerie Dragon x1
Acidic Swamp Ooze x1
Bloodmage Thalnos x1
Stormforged Waraxe x1
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Feral Spirit x2
Lava Burst x2
Hex x2
Lightning Storm x1
Dark Iron Dwarf x2
Defender of Argus x1
Cult Master x1
Bloodlust x1
Doomhammer x1
Argent Commander x1
Fire Elemental x2
Hogger x1

I got Hogger in a pack last night and it seemed appropriate with the way this deck had been playing. It seems a little easy to remove but it helps keep board control, and most wins on this deck have been from Bloodlust with 3-4 minions on the board.

Things I'm reconsidering:
- Cult Master doesn't seem to get much use out of its draw. Would Mana Tide Totem work here?
- I only have one 1-mana drop, but can't work out how to fit another.
- I'm thinking about replacing the Shattered Sun Clerics and maybe the Dark Iron Dwarves, but not Sure what with.
- I might have too many spells/weapons and not enough minions, but also might not have enough AoE.
- Not sure I need Thalnos in there?

What do you think?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:26 am

I just went down a rank. The Paladin Pyromancer/Equality combo is brutal. 3 mana total board clear!

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:13 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I just went down a rank. The Paladin Pyromancer/Equality combo is brutal. 3 mana total board clear!

[CRAFTING INTENSIFIES]

Although, your time seems to be in the making, people are starting to single out Shaman Aggro as the probable destroyer of the Healadins.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:50 am

Got a pattern going on for me where I get up to 4-star rank 15, then lose loads and loads of games, and then build up to 4-star rank 15 again, only to start losing immediately...

Where'd you read that about Shaman?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Couple places. Official forums for one, hearthpwn and ihearthu

Sagara

Postby Andurin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 am

Arena hunter deck got up to 7 - 0 before I got completely destoryed and burned in righteous fire (got completely destroyed by 3 diffrent paladins >.< ) And am now up to 1 - 2 with my paladin arena deck. The constructed stuff didnt work out yet, since I would have to craft more then half of the cards...

Also, the replacing quest thingie is being mean :( Got a win 2 with warrior rogue, and it replaced it with the same quest... :roll:
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 am

The quest thing likes me lately. Gave me 5 wins Shaman/Mage.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games