Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:17 am

Constructed is dominated by aggressive everything. The vast majority of decks, for all classes, run the same style, with Shattered Sun Clerics, Dark Iron Dwarfs, Defenders of Argus, and Argent Commanders. Many will also have Harvest Golems, Faerie Dragons, Acolytes of Pain. It just works, and only needs to be tweaked a little for each class. (Of course Warlocks do tend to smaller minion rush decks rather than the mid range style.)

Whenever I've had trouble with a deck, rearranging it to follow that same basic pattern has led to success.

I didn't think Rogues went control - they're all about early damage, aren't they?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 am

Yea, they're really *rushrushrushrushrushrushSprintrushrushrushrushDEAD*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 am

Have you heard of the Frozen Giants deck? Newish Mage control deck that runs Molten Giant, Mountain Giant, Alexstrasza, and a lot of Blizzard/Frost Nova/Cone of Cold. Very few minions but a lot of big finishers. I just came up against it on my Druid - and it was surprisingly easy to counter. The key thing is that it doesn't run Pyroblast or Flamestrike, so once I worked out what deck it was: smooth sailing.

Opponent played Ice Block very early, which meant I worked it out quickly enough that I could play around it. And the strat left enough of my minions on the board - even though they often got frozen - that I could still manage to kill the Giants. Interesting deck, though.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:31 am

I just went 7 wins in Arena for the first time ever! Bad Druid deck, lost two in a row then won seven. Pretty good. First time I've ever earned my money back.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:34 am

guy just went knife juggler, knife juggler, backstab, ring leader, defender of argus on me. in arena. must be nice. :)
Kai

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:52 am

I'm reading randomly that the current "meta" is to build 1shot decks. As in, survive until you get the cards you need, then play all at same time and make enemy go 30-0 in 1 turn.

Is that real? :s
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kai » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:54 am

no, the most popular + successful deck is still warlock rush. lots of 1+2 mana stuff, shattered sun cleric, dark iron dwarf, defender of argus, argent commander, soul fires.
Kai

Postby Sagara » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 pm

And right behind that there's mage aggro that replaces some of the stronger minions with spells.

Although to be honest, one of the bigger deck before that wad the OTK Hunter that used Unleash the Hounds to drop 4+ minions with strong synergy then UtH to smash the other player's face in a single turn without risk of reprisal.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah, right now the Hunter's considered the weakest class, because it only has one real winning style, the OTK, and that fails when it comes up against a Defender of Argus, or any aggro deck that can take them down faster than they collect beasts. (Plus dealing direct damage to the enemy hero, while good for OTK, isn't a strong Hero Power for any other deck styles.)

Definately heard that Warlock is the standard to beat right now. Mage is high up too, with the strategy of controlling the board and beating you down to 10 health by turn 8, then Pyroblast.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:17 am

Well, it think I'm gold as far as Mages go ;-)

I still owe you a rematch where you deck actually complies for once.

Sagara

Postby Kai » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:54 am

yeah, i've played the hunter OTK deck quite a bit as I also love combo decks in magic. the version I got atm is heavily geared to beating fast creature decks with explosive traps and huntmasters, but the warlock deck just has too much pressure and defender of argus is a huge problem. getting past two medium sized taunt mobs is very tough. plus the warlock deck easily kills you on turn 5-6 even IF you cast a non-explosive trap spell every turn.
soul fire, +4+4 tihng and all the creature buffs are just super efficient. don't think i've lost with the warlock deck against the OTK thing yet.
Kai

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:18 am

Toyed with an aggro warlock deck "on the cheap" for my Warlock/PRiest domination.
Hoyl sweet mother of God, that is one MEAN mofo. Went 5-1 in Unranked.

Sagara

Postby Kai » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:42 am

yeah, played warlock rush in the ESL EU tournamnet yesterday, was 4-0 but then our raid started, so had to drop. ran:

2 soul fire
2 power overwhelming
2 blood imp
2 fire imp
2 voidwakler
2 leper gnome
2 argent squire
2 knife juggler
2 faerie dragon
2 razorfin hunter
2 shattered sun cleric
2 dark iron dwarf
2 defender of argus
1 doomguard
2 argent commander
1 jaraxxus

jaraxxus more because it's one of my 2 legendaires, probably just too expensive and should be another 1 or 2 drop or even an arcane golem (leeroy if you got him). doomguard was great for me. had demonfire for a while, it's cool in some spots but drew it turn3+ too often, my 1 drop demons traded off and it was terrible. razorfin hunter over ahrvest golem as it's so good with knife juggler and power overwhelming.
fairly cheap overall and very good.

shattered sun cleric and defender of argus just need to get tuned down imo. every deck that is minion based just has to run 2 each, anything else is ridiculous. probably argent commander too, but that thing at least costs 6.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:09 am

I've seen people saying Shattered Sun Cleric and Defender of Argus should have 2 attack - I'd agree with that.

Argent Commander is very strong but I think it's balanced - 4/3 is low stats for 6 mana, but with the bonuses it's pretty much 4 mana for a minion and 2 mana to deal 4 damage to a minion.

Considering the Argent Commander, and looking at things like Spellbreaker (4/3 with Silence for 4) and the (?) Rifleman (4/2 with 2 damage Battlecry for 5), then it looks like Dark Iron Dwarf at a 4/4 +2 attack for 4 is way too strong. Needs to be lower stats or higher cost.

I just went 3/3 in Arena and received five gold. Five.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 am

Well, booster minions are basically used everywhere bcause they enable much better trading mid-game.

Look at Paladin's SoJ with is basically an auto-pick as well.

Sadly, dropping the SSC to 2/2 makes it a poor 3/3 for 3, way below gold standart. DoA could live with a Battlecry: give a friendly minion taunt and +1/+1 (for a 4/4 taunt for 4, just a bit sub-par vs the SHieldmasta, which is very solid) But right now, my line of reasonning is more that those guys are strong because they stay decent into mid-trades.

I think a big point right now is to slow the game some, and then the value of those guys go down by default. Or maybe hit one and let the other suffer the loss of value that rushing suffers.

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games