Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:06 am

Ha. I regularly have no gold, and that does nothing to stop me playing over and over and over.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:25 am

Turned a 0 - 2 arena into a 4 - 3 but balls, that third match I played was close.. I was a mage vs a paladin and I ended up with 1 hp and 2 mobs on the field while the paladin had nothing... Except that one that does random damage to things. The RNG gods at my side divided the damage between my mobs and left me to finish him off :roll: And 4-3 is a personal best I think ^^
Andurin

Postby Kai » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:33 am

http://www.hearthlog.com/u/Shyntil

anyone tried/looked at that webpage? that's a random guy, looks pretty interesting, just used excel to track my arena games so far. although I wonder how the logging program works.
Kai

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:37 am

Ooooooh! Good catch!
Setting my account up :)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:11 am

Follow up on the Legendary question:

I went ahead and crafted Bloodmage Thalnos.

Reasoning:
1) Archmage Antonidas may be powerful, but by the time he can be played on the board, most games are already pretty much over.

2) I was becoming less fond of Azure Drakes.
A 5 mana 4/4 with +1 Spellpower and Draw a Card, it seems good. But: 4/4 for 5 is not good value in and of itself. The card is almost always removed on the following turn, without an opportunity to use the +1 spell damage. So I was often sat with this card in my hand, thinking a) I can play it for card draw but it'll get removed or at best trade, and b) if I play this I won't fit anything else into my turn.

So: I replaced an Azure Drake with Bloodmage Thalnos. Same +1 Spellpower, also draws a card, but only costs 2 mana. Will also be immediately removed, and is very easy to do so - you'd never play this early game as a minion on its own. But it's easier to play, can be played earlier, and gives all the same benefits.

To be honest I'm yet to see it in action, though. I've drawn it once but didn't play it.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:46 pm

I've got a beta key if anyone needs one.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:00 am

Thalnos is excellent, but Azure Drakes are also very good.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:42 am

Yes, I do agree they're good. I guess they just don't fit so well in my current deck any more. It's been shifting more aggressive and more into early/mid game. I still play 1 Drake.

Playing a Druid deck at the moment, though. Threw one together this morning without looking at lists or anything for a quest, and decided I liked it. Basically a lot of buffs and taunts, along with some big minions from turn 5+.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:54 am

Mage versus Warrior Arena

I spent FOUR turns at ONE life.
Then won!

No panic. All according to plan!

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Haha. Nice.

My Druid deck doesn't work. Was doing very well in the morning, but when I got back to it this evening I was losing everything. It starts out strong then loses out in the mid game and never catches back up. Druids seem to have a hard time removing enemy minions, anyone else find that?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:43 am

just got double gold card for a 9 win run. not sure why this annoys me so much, but it freaks me out somehow.
Kai

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Sagara wrote:Mage versus Warrior Arena

I spent FOUR turns at ONE life.
Then won!

My best was outlasting a warrior while on my warrior deck, for the daily, his highest was 30 health+12 armor and I was at 9 health. Ended up killing him because I keep an Acidic Ooze in my hand against classes that can play weapons so he only got one turn with his Arcanite Reaper.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:38 am

I've started getting matched up with the same player twice in a row in Ranked. Last night I played a Druid twice in a row, won both. This morning I played the same Priest twice, lost one then won one.

(Damn that Priest was annoying. Long slow games, somehow couldn't seem to counter his high health buffed minions. And Thoughtsteal continues to be a very annoying card.)

Also, I've received a friend request from a name I don't recognise at all. This is the only place I've posted my battle.net tag, so if it's one of you folks, speak up.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:36 am

meh, probably one of those idiotic gold sellers.

They're starting that side too.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:37 am

You can add battletags in wow by just meeting someone now, so can really be anyone.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games