Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:35 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Gotta love that turn six Equality + Consecration.

Don't get it that often but damn is that fun to do.

My Paladin deck has both Humility and a Aldori Peacekeeper so I'm able to reduce attacks from Lightspawn and other potential high damage cards often enough.

Getting a 7/7 down to 1/1 with Equality and Humility is a perverse pleasure even if I don't win.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Flex wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Gotta love that turn six Equality + Consecration.

Don't get it that often but damn is that fun to do.

My Paladin deck has both Humility and a Aldori Peacekeeper so I'm able to reduce attacks from Lightspawn and other potential high damage cards often enough.

Getting a 7/7 down to 1/1 with Equality and Humility is a perverse pleasure even if I don't win.

Huu, actually, I think Aldor and Humility don't work on Lightswpan. I remember last time I saw the effect fizzle completely, and I presumed that was because the minion effect re-adjusted the Strenght post-Humility.

But, other than that, nothing beats 1/12 Deathwing :D
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Kai » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:32 am

yep, the reduce-attack cards do not work on lightspawn, guy did that in arena against me before and wasn't happy about the result.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:22 am

I assume the other way round would be true also, then - you can't buff its attack above its health while it has the attack = health effect active? (So, things like Abusive Sergeant or Dark Iron Dwarf would be useless.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:35 am

That is correct. Consider that the Lightspawn's ability is re-cast after every action.

P.S. I *HATE* aggro decks. Hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate. I did end up taking down3 of the 4 I faced, but they're so boring in execution (trade the early minions, AoE when they overextend and they're likely to just concede) it doesn't challenge much.

Sagara

Postby Kai » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:58 am

if there were no decent aggressive decks, it would boil down to who plays the more powerful late game stuff. and that's mostly epics/legendairies. or who draws more mind controls, actually. don't think that's more fun ... :)
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:12 am

Reading articles and some watching videos, I've been hearing that control decks have pretty much dropped out of competitive play lately. It's all about the aggro at the moment (though I think it's more mid-game aggro than early rush).

On the subject of the OTK Hunter again - Do you think it would be too much if they removed the "Charge" part of Unleash the Hounds? Keep it 1 mana but make it so they have to play either the minion that gives Charge to Beasts or wait a turn to Unleash?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:48 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Reading articles and some watching videos, I've been hearing that control decks have pretty much dropped out of competitive play lately. It's all about the aggro at the moment (though I think it's more mid-game aggro than early rush).

On the subject of the OTK Hunter again - Do you think it would be too much if they removed the "Charge" part of Unleash the Hounds? Keep it 1 mana but make it so they have to play either the minion that gives Charge to Beasts or wait a turn to Unleash?

I like a good mid-game fight, when you get to play either a couple small stuff, or a big one, trying to poke your enemy's defenses and draw his removals out. A very "mind games" phase if you will.

UTH is on the chopping block, though, that much we know. Problem is, removing Charge would make it a crappy Bloodlust. Maybe "Gives 2 random friendly minions Charge", or somesuch?

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:21 am

Yeah, +1 attack doesn't feel like much. But it's also 1 mana, which makes it a very cheap Bloodlust.

Turning things about, what if it gave all Beasts Charge, but didn't increase their attack? Preserves the burst nature of the playstyle but reduces its effectiveness - they may actually need to get their opponent below 30 health before using it!

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 am

Not sure it'd actually *do* much. They're losing 6-8 attack at best, that' basically a couple of turns for a Hunter's hero power, even if you manage to clear his entire board.

No, I think it's the "all beasts" part that's trouble, combined with their weenie approach to combat (as opposed to say, the big beefs Warriors like, despise ALSO having a *everyone Charge* card)

Sagara

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 pm

I didn't use Humilty on the light spawn, was a war golem.

Saw an awesome three round kill.

Round 1:
Hunter did nothing
Shaman coined 2 dust devils.

Round 2:
Hunter used steady shot
Shaman attacks with the dust devils for 12 damage

Round 3:
Hunter placed an Iron Fur Grizzly
Shaman used Earth Shock
Played Flametongue Totem
Did 20 damage from the dust devils.

Reading articles and some watching videos, I've been hearing that control decks have pretty much dropped out of competitive play lately. It's all about the aggro at the moment (though I think it's more mid-game aggro than early rush).

The newness of the game is certainly a factor in that. Shifting meta as new styles are created, tested and countered in a few weeks time.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Scumbag Arena:

Retired at 8 wins to avoid the Golden Card,
won back 225 gold...

I ALREADY HAVE FRIGGIN TOO MUCH!!

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:05 pm

That must have been very painful for you. :lol:

In an arena right now. Crappy Hunter deck, but I do have a bunch of Beasts and an Unleash the Hounds. 1/0 currently. I'm not expecting to hit 5. Edit: 1/1. Lost the second when I played Venture Co. Mercenary and the Paladin hit it with Humility instead of trying to kill it, preventing me from dropping any good minions.

Edit: Aaand I crapped out at 2/3, winning me 10 gold and 25 dust.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:17 pm

The game has a really annoying thing right now where removing a health buff doesn't reduce the health of the buffed minions. Generally happens where a minion had, say, 2 health, got buffed up, was damaged down to 2 health, and then the buff was removed, the health will stay at 2. I just killed a Stormwind Champion and none of the other minions' health went down.

It seems like the health buffs affect max health and not current health. Wonder if that's intended.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Yeah, intended.

The idea is that health buffs would be crappy if it didn't give extra health also, while health reduction cards would be insane if they had damage included in the mechanic (See: Equality)

P.S. Godammit 315 gold and an Arena deck picked and ready to roll for tomorrow >_>

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games