Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:11 am

They need to rebalance some of these daily quests, I think. 60 gold for 5 wins with a particular class is way worse than 40 gold for 2 wins.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 am

It only becomes a hassle when we have so few available quests. You can easily get bogged down with 2 domination quests and grind for hours to clear one. If we had, say, 5 slots in our quest log, we could grind one a day and still come out on top.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:35 am

I got that now :( My quests atm are: win 2 with mage/lock (or priest... cant remember), win 2 with rogue/warrior and win 5 with rogue/warrior... And I only have a custom Paladin deck that I enjoy ^^ So now I proceed to que with the basic warrior deck and actually win at least one in three fights :) Prehaps I should make a custom warrior deck...
Andurin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:22 am

I had 5 with Warrior yesterday, luckily I have a basic Warrior deck made for previous dailies, but it took almost 3 hours overall to get 5 wins. Today, I got 2 wins Rogue/Druid, I have neither class levelled, but luckily my Arena draw was Rogue/Warrior/Druid, so I went Druid.

I just think reward for effort on the 5 wins quest is poor. 2 wins 40 gold = 20 gold per win. 5 wins 60 gold = 12 gold per win, and takes almost three times as long. I'd maybe be happier with 4 wins for 60 gold.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:31 am

Andurin wrote: Prehaps I should make a custom warrior deck...

Always make custom decks, even at level 1. Basic decks are awful.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:39 am

And if you can afford it, build the skeleton of a Murloc deck that you can stick to nearly every class.
Honestly, Constructed is only cost-effective for daily quests, so there's no point in building a badass deck of a specific class early on.

Meanwhile, it's very possible to win *too* much in Arena and end in an infinite loop of daily quest -> Arena -> Arena -> quest and so forth.

I'm actually no longer *playing enough* to spend all my gold (FYI, roughly 2h a day)

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:54 am

I tend to just copy the highest-rated "basic only" deck for a class from Hearthhead. Sometimes with small tweaks if they use a card I don't like, or I have an expert card that'll fit. Those decks work well enough for two wins or so.

Right now I only do Arena because it seems a better way to build my main deck than buying packs.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:15 am

Sagara wrote:Meanwhile, it's very possible to win *too* much in Arena and end in an infinite loop of daily quest -> Arena -> Arena -> quest and so forth.

I'm actually no longer *playing enough* to spend all my gold (FYI, roughly 2h a day)

I, on other hand, managed to completely run out of gold thanks to a string of bad Arena runs. :(

Oh well, at least my Shaman constructed deck is doing reasonably fine. :)
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 am

Speaking of constructed, my Ranked play hasn't increased in rank since my second day in the beta. Been on 2-star Platinum for two weeks now. Seems like there are other people it's stuck for too, some on the lowest ranks, judging by tech support posts. Anyone here having that issue?

(My theory at the moment is that Blizzard won't be very concerned with fixing this bug, since they've got the new, simplified ranking system coming soon.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:57 am

I'm stuck on 1-star masters, but I assumed that it's because where my actual skill level is, and that I'd need to dramatically improve my win/loss ratio to progress further.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:11 am

All that stuff I was saying about people who try to play all the cards in their hand as a way of gloating when they could just one-hit kill me? I just had a Warrior in Arena who had me on 6 health. He had a Boulderfist Ogre out, with 6 attack/2 health. What did he do? He played the minion that deals 2 damage and grants 3 attack to another minion... killing his ogre. It took him another 5 rounds to kill me after that. :lol:

Edit: Something I've noticed about my deck. The ones I'm losing against often are keeping a hand of cards for longer. I'm using multiple low cost cards a lot, so quickly run into the one-card-at-a-time part of the game, where I'm at the mercy of lucky draws. I may need to change that.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:06 am

So, since stuff about regions was being talked about in another thread yesterday, I've managed to get all confused about the issue.

I was sent a US beta key, I'm sure about that. So I redeemed it on the US battle.net, and installed the game, no problem. But now I look at my account, there's nothing to indicate which region my key belongs to, and it appears on eu.battle.net exactly the same as us.battle.net. There don't seem to be any region settings anywhere in the game.

Edit: Just noticed that whether I go onto Battle.net via EU or US, the Haerthstone account has "EU" on the download options. So I might actually be on the EU version. I have no idea how to tell for sure.

Edit2: Ah, nevermind. It's a real pain finding any information on this, but it seems that for Hearthstone beta they automatically put you into the home region for your Battle.net account regardless of what key you redeem. So I'm probably on EU.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:26 am

Passionario wrote:I'm stuck on 1-star masters, but I assumed that it's because where my actual skill level is, and that I'd need to dramatically improve my win/loss ratio to progress further.

Update: 3-star masters. :)

Getting a big win streak did the trick. (Also, Shamans are godly)
Passionario

Postby Sagara » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Okay, those domination quests are getting stupid and start make me want to just give the whole thing up.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Last couple I've had were Mage wins and 3 wins on anything, so pretty easy for me. ;)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games