Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Kai » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 pm

hm, thought these decks were terrible. at least the priest one the eventual winner played. all 5+ mana junk. amount of times he had no turn 2-3-4 plays were insane. was told that they had to submit these decklists 4 weeks ago though, which kinda explains that. but 7-8 cards for 6+ mana just isn't right.
Kai

Postby sahiel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Ah, I didn't get to watch the final only the semi finals so I never saw that deck. The ones in the semi finals certainly seemed pretty tight however, there were only a handful of no play turns in all 6 or 7 matches.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 am

Another arena, 2 wins 3 losses. I'm not very good at this. (The deck was terrible, though. I only drew two 3-mana cards.)

Outside of arena, I'm at a point where my deck isn't changing much, but I'm not sure if there are still some improvements could be made. Wouldn't mind some opinions. I don't have a lot of good cards yet, but there may still be weaknesses that could be addressed.

This is my current deck. Thoughts?

(I recently swapped Cult Master in for Ogre Magi, because I felt like I lacked draw power, and changed an Ice Lance for Mirror Entity. I've not actually drawn those cards in a game since the change, so unsure about it.)

Edit: I've swapped out my Ice Lance for a second Mana Wyrm. And I just completely tore apart a Warrior with a Wyrm played on turn one. It got up to 10 attack. It was the only thing I hit him with, spells for all the minions.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 am

If you're looking for draw power on a budget, Acolyte of Pain is a good option for Mage, since it effectively turns your hero ability into "2: Draw a card".

If you're willing to craft some rares, Gadgetzan Auctioneer is awesome with all the spells you're slinging around. Azure Drakes, likewise, are a great investment.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:41 am

Don't think I have the Acolyte of Pain yet.

Need to look into crafting more, but dust income is very slow. And I haven't had a single card so far above Rare quality, never mind one I'd feel comfortable DEing (I've had something like 10 packs so far).

Latest observation on my deck: I don't like Loot Hoarder. I tried him on the logic that a 2-attack minion trades well with a standard 2-cost 3/2, unlike the 1/2 Novice Engineer, but I just don't like it.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 am

So this is my standard practice now: If someone has clearly beaten me on the next turn, I will give them the honor of dealing the killing blow. But if they do even one single action that is not related to killing me on that turn, I'll immediately concede and deny them it. I'm not sitting around while they clear out my board and empty their hand just for the hell of it.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:32 am

Artosis' Pally deck seems really strong, but there's a few questions hanging in my head that I wanted to share:

2 Lays on Hands seems a bit much - I wonder why at least one Divine Favor didn't make the cut instead.
SAme with the absence of Acidic Swap Oozes. I got a feeling that his Pally deck against his Warrior deck would have been in big trouble. I'm thinking Knife Juggler could be a replacement - I get the synergy with Imp master, calss power and SoJ, but doesn't look that hot to me when facing Arcanite into Upgrade! into Arcanite into Gorehowl.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:14 am

Are the tournament matches viewable online anywhere without having to have had the Blizzcon virtual ticket?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:54 am

Good question. At worst, I can do a rundown commentary of a couple (don't even DREAM of me typing the whole f*cking 25 games out).

The decks are available on Hearthpwn (and certainly elsewhere), though.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:44 am

Guess I'll make do with just taking a look at the decks. ;)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 am

If a deck strikes your fancy, just tell me, I'll detail the interesting games it went in.

Sagara

Postby Passionario » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 am

KysenMurrin wrote:So this is my standard practice now: If someone has clearly beaten me on the next turn, I will give them the honor of dealing the killing blow. But if they do even one single action that is not related to killing me on that turn, I'll immediately concede and deny them it. I'm not sitting around while they clear out my board and empty their hand just for the hell of it.

They're probably doing a quest.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:55 am

Some of them, probably. Most, though, it's just a form of gloating, drawing out the kill or lining up massive overkill.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:54 am

Passionario wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:So this is my standard practice now: If someone has clearly beaten me on the next turn, I will give them the honor of dealing the killing blow. But if they do even one single action that is not related to killing me on that turn, I'll immediately concede and deny them it. I'm not sitting around while they clear out my board and empty their hand just for the hell of it.

They're probably doing a quest.

Too bad, re-queue, you'll be done in 20mins

Sagara

Postby Andurin » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 am

This kinda sums up how my last go at arena's went... :lol: Only my timing might be worse :p
Andurin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games