Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:14 am

Haven't met a player Warrior, and Garrosh wasn't much of a threat even on expert.
Armor is nice and all that but in the end, it's nothing but a 2 heal for 2. I'd much rather have almost any other HP.

Meanwhile, Mage still feels like hell to play against, and I've read about a SuiLock deck that looks mighty nice on paper.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:45 am

Great arena play this morning ^^

Oponent: rogue, 8 health and enough damage on the board to kill me.
Me: 10 mana, 1 card in my hand wich costs 12 mana (one of the giants).

My turn: Pick a card, figuring I lost since there was nothing in my deck that could save me.
I get Tracking, cost 1, pick 3 cards, pick one, discard the others. Kill command, Arcane shot and King Crush.
Legendary Dino ^^ 9 mana, 8/8 attack/health and charge ^^ I win ^^ but that was awfully close :roll:
Andurin

Postby sahiel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:37 am

I had the most beautiful combo ever versus a warrior last night... playing priest, he has 24 life, has me down to 2 life and I have no minions out. I already had a Charge I'd copied from him earlier, a PW:S and 2 Divine Spirits, figure I may as well just get it over with and take my last turn. I draw a Lightspawn... 0/5, damage changes to match health... dear gods, the smile on my face. PW:S takes it to 0/7, Divine Spirit 1 to 0/14, number 2 to 0/28, it's damage switches to match its new health... 28/28 and it has Charge. He had *no* idea what hit him, it was glorious :D
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:20 am

Had a similar one, but with the 1/1 Pally token. it's down to 7/15 with his three mobs that cover 9 damage across them, but no taunter. I could hold a couple turns, but then I draw Blessed Champion (doubles attack).

Pop quizz. what does a 1/1 do when buffed with BoM, BoK, then BC?
Answer: IT HURTS (16 damage actually :-p)

Sagara

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:11 pm

i dont remember exact cards (what happens when i cant sleep at 4am, and decide to play hearthstone)
but playing warlock vs warlock, we were 1 and 3 hp when i drew a dread infernal, and was kinda tempted to see if i could commit suicide and still win, ended up just killing him with it though (this was after sacrificial pacts, a twisting nether, a total of 3 hellfires, and quite a few soul siphons between us lol)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Passionario » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 am

Finally got an invite. Gotta check it out when I get home.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:42 am

welcome!

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Passionario » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 am

And after I beat Hogger, the game doesn't let me progress. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 am

Passionario wrote:And after I beat Hogger, the game doesn't let me progress. :(

dont you know that hogger is unbeatable, therefore you obviously hacked to beat him?

(sorry to hear this, i guess open a ticket/submit bug report and see what they say? i havent heard of this issue before so i have no idea)

bldavis

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Still disappointed at the matchmaking atm, seembs completely broken =(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Tell me about it, second time I see Ragnaros on the other side. thank God for Polymorph.

Also: ILLIDAN! F*CK YEAH!

Sagara

Postby Paxen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:11 pm

How does this compare to "analogue" ccgs? (Like Magic.)

Bonus points if any of you have tried the awesomeness that is Netrunner and can compare to that.
Paxen

Postby Kai » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 pm

much simpler then magic, no blocking, nothing you can do on opponents turn. but mostly everything is the same and the good/broken cards/mechanics are pretty easy to spot when you've played mtg for a while.

also, for the matchmaking stuff, I doubt it's meant to compare the cards in your deck. it's probably just using that rank/medal thing. so it's a matchmaking based on a 'bad' ELO rating like magic used to have. if two people each played 100 games, one guy won 80% and the other 20%, they then shouldn't get paired against each other if there's other people in the queue. If you win like 50% of your games, I am sure you can easily get paired against someone winning 70-75% with a 'good' deck.
Kai

Postby Paxen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Sounds like I'll pass, then.
Paxen

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:44 pm

i almost feel sorry for the shaman i just played..

turn 3 or 4, i play a vaporize and dont think anything of it

turn 9 he plays a Al'Akir the Windlord, gives it Rockbiter and attacks me...

i felt so bad watching this gorgeous minion with charge and windfury and divine sheild...instantly get obliterated
i couldnt stop laughing for the rest of the match

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games