Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Zombie Chow is very strong as card played in the first turns. Sure it heals the opponent for 5, but it's a 2/3 for 1 mana which usually forces 2 cards to be taken out by the opponent. Also very strong if you use it to clear some minions when the opponent still is full or almost full, cause again, it's a 2/3 for 1 mana that usually takes a card of 2+ mana to be taken down thus an actual gain for you.
I've watched Amaz stream recently, he makes a ton of use of the chows, with and without the auchenai.

The swords are again about the tempo, you drop a 4/4 minion that costs 3, thus if you can deal enough damage with it to make it worth it, it's strong (as in, require 2 cards to be taken out, or hit the opponent twice to the face)

Also I'm having quite a hard time defeating Thaddius, any suggestion what kind of deck I need? My control priest who beat the other 3 doesn't seemb to stand any chance.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 am

Don't have a soulpriest, and I've tried sitting with chow on hand lateish with a badly injure opponent, then its just waste of a draw.
I agree that if it hits the opponent 3 times (and out on turn 1) its a net gain, but comparing it to other 1 mana minions, like Leper gnome (which is 4 damage if out on turn one and no 1 mana 1 damage card).
As to dark cultist, I just don't feel it is such a good card - granted its 3/4 for 3 mana, but the buff could be detrimental, since I'm running a deathrattle deck as a base (especially nerub'ar eggs - which is incidentally a good use for smite if opponent doesn't do anything to it).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Thaddius normal or heroic? I beat normal with my midrange Druid deck - all the 4/5s, 4/4s, and 5/5s don't really care about his hero power. Didn't get a chance to try heroic.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Ah I suppose that can work (I have 1 deck saved per class and I'm too damn lazy to even bother making boss-specific decks, I only play the normal version :P )
I did manage to beat him eventually, but now I'm having issues again in the priest class challenge <.< most of the minions you get have low attack and high hp, meaning they get swapped and gibbed the turn after :s
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:08 am

the priest class challenge took a few attempts for me as well, mainly because its a different playstyle than what you are used to.
First off high health, low attack minions are great, you get them as big attacks the turn after. Remember things like PW:S and DS - you boost their health on the high attack/low health turn, so you buff them for the next turn. Also the Inner fire they have (and soul priest is in the deck, though I only got it on the first attempt before learning how the deck was built).
Nerubian Eggs are also awesome, they are a 4/4 for 2 mana against him, as they will automatically trigger deathrattle on the next turn (I don't remember if Rivedare is in the deck, but I have a feeling that he is?)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Kai » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Worldie wrote:Also I'm having quite a hard time defeating Thaddius, any suggestion what kind of deck I need? My control priest who beat the other 3 doesn't seemb to stand any chance.

you just have to kill feugen + stalagg. he doesn't spawn an 11 then. one cute trick is that if you cast feugen OR stalag yourself, either one of them dieing will get you thaddius right away as the other died on thaddius' side and that counts.
control warlock is probably the best. you want to kill his two mininos asap and warlock has corruption + soul fire. if you draw 2 of thsoe 4, you win. shadowbolt works as well, one more attack usually doesn't matter.
all the other stuff he does hardly matter that much and generally can't keep up with any normal deck.

paladin is also cute as both humility and the 3/3 that does humility as battlecry are very good with thaddius hero power. but any handlock version with 2 corruption, 2 soul fire, 1-2 shadow bolts, some lifegain and then midrange mobs and removal to finish the job should get the job done rather easily.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 am

I think I've accidentally quit playing Hearthstone. Part of it was being away from home most of the last two weeks and not being able to play, but really I've barely been logging in since the start of August. Now I find I just don't have the interest any more; plus I'm liking the extra free time I suddenly have. I never actually made a decision to quit; it just happened.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:19 pm

So Leeroy and Buzzard are getting the nerfbat next week.

Good riddance, I say.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Kai » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 pm

was about time. stopped playing ladder completely as it's just too boring. handlock might be stupidly overpowered once hunter is out of the picture though.
Kai

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:53 am

Passionario wrote:So Leeroy and Buzzard are getting the nerfbat next week.

Good riddance, I say.

By time tbh. What sort of nerfs are they getting?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shamora » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:54 am

Worldie wrote:

Good riddance, I say.

From September 22, the game will be patched to introduce two key changes:

Leeroy Jenkins will cost 5 mana (up from 4)
Starving Buzzard will cost 5 mana (up from 2) and will have 3 Attack and 2 Health (up from 2 Attack and 1 Health)
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Paxen » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:15 am

Shamora wrote:
Worldie wrote:

Good riddance, I say.

From September 22, the game will be patched to introduce two key changes:

Leeroy Jenkins will cost 5 mana (up from 4)
Starving Buzzard will cost 5 mana (up from 2) and will have 3 Attack and 2 Health (up from 2 Attack and 1 Health)

I think they both need fixing, and Leeroy will be in a good spot - but I can't for the life of me figure out how Buzzard will be playable with those stats. 5 mana for 2 health? The two comparable neutrals, Cult Master and Auctioneer, both have better stats for the same or cheaper price...
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:13 am

Well the brokeness of Buzzard has been being able to play it + release the hounds for potentially 4+ card draws and 5 minions for 5 mana, they most likely wanted to address that by nerfing its mana cost considerably.

The nerf to Leeroy is well justified in my eyes.... 6 buffable istant damage for 4 mana is probably the highest in game, only Fireball equals it (base) and that's a class spell. Not uncommon to see a coldblooded Leeroy strike for 10 dmg just to be shadowstepped and played again the same turn... the "summon 2 whelps" really doesn't do anything considering he's used as a finisher.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Worldie wrote:Well the brokeness of Buzzard has been being able to play it + release the hounds for potentially 4+ card draws and 5 minions for 5 mana, they most likely wanted to address that by nerfing its mana cost considerably.

And I think that's a needed change. I just can't see how the new version of Buzzard is useable at all.
Paxen

Postby Kai » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:14 am

should be 4/3. the problem is quite obviously not the body of that thing. now it's just so terrible, feels like they way overdid it.
Kai

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games