Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Jabari wrote:Loatheb is the star, of course, and way too close to "put in every deck no matter what it is" which I thought they were trying to avoid. It's a silver bullet against a few things, and very very solid against everything else.

The rest aren't that interesting, class cards included.

The first week has/will have way bigger impact - Haunted Creeper is in nearly everything, as are the EvilEggs.

Interesting lists from a recent tourney with a number of top players. Other than ALL THE MIRACLE, the other decks are pretty cool.

http://imgur.com/a/659VP#0

The GArgoyle is great for priest decks since it is a heal that triggers cleric and if it is ignored the priest can make it insanely powerful for cheap.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:21 pm

So I log in this morning to find that purchasing the second wing is completely broken. Transaction fails the first time, then says there's one in progress and to wait, then starts saying product is not available.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 pm

yep, same. annoying.
Kai

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:01 am

Flex wrote:The GArgoyle is great for priest decks since it is a heal that triggers cleric and if it is ignored the priest can make it insanely powerful for cheap.

gargoyle with a PWS can end up force a removal which is kinda nice!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Flex wrote:The GArgoyle is great for priest decks since it ...

Kills itself with a Soulpriest out? :)

Snark aside, the Gargoyle is junk. What would a priest rather play with 3 mana? Gargoyle? Or Blademaster? Or Dark Cultist? Or Farseer?

It's not even close - Gargoyle is the worst of those by a mile. At 2 mana it'd be an ok card, but not at 3.

The only other card that's even interesting (besides Loethab) in this week's release is Duplicate (for aggro-mages). It's 2 extra Arcane Intellects in that deck basically, and can be played for free with Kirin-Tor Mage.

You might see some Unstable Ghouls in Warrior decks, and Webspinner is fun (but not good).

Evidently the problems with the store are really widespread, may have to just give it some time. *shrug*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Managed to get in eventually.

So far it seems like Heroic Noth and Heigan are nigh-on impossible for me. I managed to kill Heroic Loatheb with a custom Warrior deck (23 attack Frothing dealt the killing blow).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:51 pm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3700 ... wo_jpg.htm

that's what I used. don't click if you don't want spoilers. noth was a 1 shot, didn't try again yet, might just have been lucky, but was rather convincing. heigan I forgot about the top card at first, once I had that and drew one copy, that was enough to overpower him. loatheb tried a standard druid deck at first and when I realized he strongly prefers to attack face with his mininos and spawns a new spore after you kill one, I just build that and killed him right away. top card, the dragon and 3rd from bottom all are pretty amazing I think.
Kai

Postby Passionario » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:09 am

Apparently, there are bots out there that are capable of reaching Legendary.

Meanwhile, I fell back to rank 12. Why do I keep trying? :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 am

I assume the bots just win through sheer number of games played. Playing 24 hours a day with a rush deck, if they're just slightly above 50% wins they've got a chance of moving all the way up.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Yeh I had a few friends telling me that the easiest way to get Legend is to just have a rush deck (zoo lock, aggro pala, stuff like that) and just roll your face up. You eventually do end up reaching it just cause you play tons of very fast games.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 am

Tried out the new Token-Druid-with-spiders deck that's supposedly all the rage right now, but haven't had much luck getting it to work. Might stick with it a bit see if I can get the hang of it, since it's obviously not the deck that's the problem.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:14 pm

New week, new Naxx nonsense.

The main ones this week are probably Deathlord and Reincarnate.

Going to be lots of Shaman gimmick decks with Reincarnate. (Protip: It's stupidly broken with Sylvanis.)

Deathlord - I'd really, really like to know what the design intention of this thing was. It looks like it's supposed to be anti-zoo, but it goes better IN the zoo decks than against them. :/ A giant 8-HP wall that protects all their small crap and Jugglers is just insane. *sigh*

Anything else interesting to you guys?

Edit: Oops, completely spaced that Spectral Knight is this week too. This guy is a monster, and suddenly the 5-slot is really crowded with good stuff (Drake, Belcher - which has been surprisingly good, Knight, and Loethab - ack!)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Jabari wrote:Going to be lots of Shaman gimmick decks with Reincarnate. (Protip: It's stupidly broken with Sylvanis.)

You probably haven't seen Sylvanas + Ancestral Spirit + Reincarnate ;)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 pm

I think that Deathlord is good for Zoo mirrors, halfway decent in Priest for Inner Fire shenanigans and pretty bad in all other situations.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:19 am

I had a enemy deathlord pull out a fucking Ragnaros from my deck. That was quite hilarious.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games