Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun May 04, 2014 2:11 am

Fastest win I've had so far with this Mage deck:

Turn 1 - Mana Wyrm, coin, Mana Wyrm. (Opponent uses hero power.)
Turn 2 - Sorceror's Apprentice, Mirror Image, attack face. (opponent Innervates Druid of the Claw.)
Turn 3 - Polymorph, attack face. (Opponent plays Chillwind Yeti.)
Turn 4 - Ice Block, Arcane Missiles, Mirror Image, attack face. (Opponent dies.)
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun May 04, 2014 10:04 am

Break out your Black Knights, because the Druids have all started playing double Ancient of War again, and it is a goddamn pain.

Edit: Well, my Mage deck is dead. Far too many Druids on the ladder. Thing I don't get about the meta: How is it things go from no one using a certain deck to literally every player of that class using it in a matter of a couple of hours? Is every other player of this game watching tournament decks so closely that they all pick up the exact same one at the exact same time?
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Thing I don't get about the meta: How is it things go from no one using a certain deck to literally every player of that class using it in a matter of a couple of hours? Is every other player of this game watching tournament decks so closely that they all pick up the exact same one at the exact same time?

Streamers and Reddit, I think.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Aubade » Mon May 05, 2014 7:11 am

Does anyone know of a projected Release Date for Android tablets?

I almost NEVER have the time to play on my computer, however I'm really looking forward to playing on my tablet
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Aubade

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 05, 2014 7:14 am

As usual, Blizzard refuse to say anything other than that they're working on it.
KysenMurrin

Postby Aubade » Mon May 05, 2014 7:16 am

KysenMurrin wrote:As usual, Blizzard refuse to say anything other than that they're working on it.

BUT I WANNA PLAY HEARTHSTONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Aubade

Postby Paxen » Mon May 05, 2014 7:22 am

About other platforms, is it possible to play it on iPhone? (And if it is, is it playable on such a small screen?)
Paxen

Postby Nooska » Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 am

The iOS app is iPad exclusive - probably exactly because of screen real estate.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 05, 2014 10:33 am

They are meant to be working on gettin it into a phone format, though, alongside the Android release.
KysenMurrin

Postby Koatanga » Mon May 05, 2014 6:29 pm

There's an app called Splashtop that allows you to run your PC via your phone. Runs hearthstone - and even World of Warcraft (if you can sort out the controls) - just fine. The free version only allows you to operate on the same network, but if you want to pay you can have it on the go as well. I use it on my WiFi with my Fire tablet when I want to get away from my PC.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 06, 2014 12:13 am

It appears that control Warrior is viable again, with the addition of cards like Big Game Hunter and Black Knight, along with other tweaks. I am very happy about this.

On another subject, have Priests stopped running Mind Control? I've seen a lot of them on the ladder recently but only one Mind Control used.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Tue May 06, 2014 1:20 am

I ran into 2 mind controls yesterday on the ladder (got up to rank 20).
Both of them rather silly uses (from a value perspective, but unused would be less use ofc)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Schroom » Tue May 06, 2014 7:55 am

control warrior never stopped being viable... I went to rank 5 last season with it, by playing casually...
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 06, 2014 12:51 pm

I was doing very well with Warrior for a long while, but then when zoo Warlock and the less rushy Hunter started showing up in more than 50% of matches it became just too frustrating for me. Now the zoo locks aren't around as much (I'm seeing Handlocks again, who are easier to beat). Hunters were probably always beatable, but it wasn't worth it for me with so many locks on the ladder.

So far, the ladder has become mostly Hunter, Druid, and Priest, which isn't so bad.

Edit: News just in: They're increasing the mana cost of Unleash the Hounds to 3 mana.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Wed May 07, 2014 12:17 am

yo saw that ^^ let's see if it brings anything. the "you get punnished for playing minions" elemt ist still in... I don't know about that buff.

I honestly never had to much trouble with zoo locks. sure some games endet on turn 4 or 5

but I still had > 50% winrate with my deck. and once they are topdecking and you got a comfortable lead it's an easy win.

Baron Geddon is very helpfulla gainst zoo as well.

and if your life total is high enough, the most amazing thing to do is facelss on baron geddon.

also early cruel taskmasters / armorsmiths and Frothing berserkers (and clearing the theyr board with whirlwind) make some amazing plays.

all in all my warrior deck is at 57.6% winrate total from last and this season. and I'm quite happy with it. I'm at Rank 11 now so rather promising. If I reach rank 9 - 8 this week I'm going to give it a shot for legendary.
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed May 07, 2014 12:32 am

I never found Whirlwind to be all that effective against zoo. Their deck is mostly 2 health minions (and 1 health with divine shields), which are a pain in the ass for Warrior when they're dropping at least two of them per turn. Same reason Shaman is a hard match.

I'm bouncing between rank 9 and 10 at the moment. Furthest I've ever gotten before is rank 4, but this is the first time I've gotten up this high early in the season.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri May 09, 2014 6:55 am

New card reveal: A Warrior weapon.

Death's Bite: 4 mana, 4 attack, 2 durability. Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.

Interesting card. Stats like Truesilver Champion, but the deathrattle makes for interesting combinations. Only trouble is it takes two turns to get the AoE, so you don't know exactly how it'll go.

Also the only weapon where using Swamp Ooze has a downside.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Fri May 09, 2014 8:41 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Also the only weapon where using Swamp Ooze has a downside.

Could have a downside. Swamp Ooze also means that you can't be certain that you're going to be the one triggering the AoE of your own weapon, so you'll have to play accordingly.
Paxen

Postby Jabari » Sat May 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Hahahahahaha

Just had the most hilarious game. Ranked, at 15 (haven't played much).
My Shaman vs Warlock.

First few turns he plays a Watcher, then an Owl to silence it. I play a pair of Squires, Lava Burst the Watcher. He plays a couple of Scarlet Crusaders - I Earth Shock one, then have a "Miracle" turn of Auctioneer -> Coin -> Earth Shock the other.

He plays Millhouse then DoA on it. Note: He does not kill my Auctioneer. This seems like a bad idea.

My turn (6 Mana):
- Draw: Auctioneer. Uh oh.
- Auctioneer.
- Lightning Storm. (draw, draw)
- Lightning Bolt Millhouse (draw draw)
- Trade my squire into his DoA (stupid low storm)
- Feral Spirits (draw draw)
- Feral Spirits (draw draw)
- Attack with other squire and Auctioneer, pass. My board is 2 Auctioneer, squire, 4 Spirits vs empty. Plus a completely full hand of cards.

His turn: Concede.

Was on my Ipad or I'd have taken a screenshot. *laugh*

The deck at the moment:
2 Squire
2 Rockbiter, LBolt, Earth Shock
2 Flametongue
2 Feral Spirit, Unbound Ele
2 Hex, LStorm, Lava Burst
1 DoA (all I have)
2 Azure Drake, Auctioneer
2 Argent Commander
2 Fire Ele
1 TBK

Very controlling. Lava Bursts almost always seem to go to the face at the moment - nothing wrong with that necessarily, just a little funny to me. Was really nice to have it right away for the Watcher that game though.

It feels like I have 5 Fire Elementals at times between the actual elementals, the "To Northrend!"s, and TBK.

No Tide Totems - still not sure if I like those or the Auctioneers better. I think I probably need one more "draw" card somewhere - feel like all the drawing stuff hides at the bottom of the deck too much.

No Axe either - was completely tired of using it turn 2 and then not having a turn 3 play. Coin->Axe is nice, but turn 2 Axe not so much. *shrug*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun May 11, 2014 3:04 am

I decided to try having some fun with Alarm-o-Bots on Practice mode. Went Shaman for Al'Akir and Earth Elementals, otherwise filled my deck with big minions and spells. It's only really worked once, but it was a damn good once.

Alarm-o-Bot is such a very slow card, though. Play on one turn, drops a minion the next turn which can't attack until the turn after.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 am

Have now switched to Miracle Rogue after getting a lot of new cards made. Not quite working out so well so far, think the meta shifted while I was crafting it. (The Priests that were beating my Warrior suddenly vanished and everything got taken over by Mages, Hunters and other Rogues.)
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Alarm-o-Bot is such a very slow card, though. Play on one turn, drops a minion the next turn which can't attack until the turn after.

Try it in Druid. Turn one, Innervate into Bot. Turn two, drop Rangaros/Geddon/Ysera/Malygos.
Passionario

Postby Paxen » Tue May 13, 2014 7:06 am

Passionario wrote:Try it in Druid. Turn one, Innervate into Bot. Turn two, drop Rangaros/Geddon/Ysera/Malygos.

Now, how do you build a deck that can do that consistently? :)
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue May 13, 2014 11:25 am

One of the good things about using Shaman was that I could wait a little while and drop it behind a Feral Spirit. Also, Windfury.

With Druid... I suppose you could build the deck so that if you don't get the bot out, you can still ramp into the big minions with Wild Growth and Nourish.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Tue May 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Paxen wrote:
Passionario wrote:Try it in Druid. Turn one, Innervate into Bot. Turn two, drop Rangaros/Geddon/Ysera/Malygos.

Now, how do you build a deck that can do that consistently? :)

You don't. It's a gimmick that relies on luck and shock factor. Consistency is for aggro and handlocks.
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games