Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Jabari » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 am

And here I would think that a 7/8 taunting monster on turn 5 would be good against aggro ;)

Against control, not so much as that overload really hurts if they can remove it right away.

If you're weak early game, Unbound Elemental goes a long way to solving that. You almost certainly want the 2nd Flametongue too. Of course, all of that makes the deck look pretty much like all the other Shaman decks - I guess there's a reason for that. *shrug* Could try Ancient Watcher with the 4 taunt-givers. *shrug*

Getting a little frustrated with the mid-range/trapless hunter deck. Not missing the traps or bow necessarily, it just feels really weak and/or slow if you don't get Animal Companion right away. Nothing else good at all for that 3-slot and I just feel that I lose control of the board completely. Buzzard/UtH/Timber/Hyena etc all feel too much like "combo" cards to me and I might be just waiting too long to try to get all that out at once. Really, really wish the Grizzly were 2/4 instead of 3/3. :( Haven't tried Jungle Panther yet - it's a body that might actually stick around for Houndmaster after, and is good with Tundra Rhino. Hmm...

(On the other hand, I've been pretty impressed by the Snapjaw in this deck so far. It usually DOES stick around to be Houndmaster-ed, and can 2-for-1 a lot of stuff even without it.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:05 pm

New Paladin Secret from the Curse of Naxxramas adventure, and it's a pretty damn powerful one:

Avenge: 1 mana, When one of your minions dies, give a friendly minion +3/+2.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Risky though. If you only got 1 minion on board, or your board gets AoEd, it essentially does nothing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jabari » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Wow, that's really strong. Remember that you can't trigger them on your turn anymore, so you have to have at least 2 things out.

On the other hand, this combo's super well with the other secret that drops a 2/1 out to defend.

The buff is to a random minion i assume?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Would think so as no secrets allows you to choose what to proc on (it's always random or aoe)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu May 01, 2014 12:28 am

What happened to all the Warlocks? I played for an hour last night and didn't see a single one. I was even able to go back to playing my Warrior. Maybe it's just coincidence, but seemed odd.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 am

They're all playing Hunter now.

(Which sucks for the Shaman deck. I did horrible last night, went from 9 down to 11).

Edit: Played a bunch of games with the shaman deck last night. 90% vs hunter. Lost a number of games where I was outdrawn by 10+ cards. Disgusting.
Jabari

Postby Nakama » Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm

What websites do y'all consider the most accurate/timely for the metagame in Hearthstone? I'm just getting into having a decent number of cards, so I want to see if I can build some of the more popular decks. For example, the Hunters people are complaining about: Do they run the same general deck or are there different iterations that work?

Thanks for any responses! :) I appreciate y'all talking in this thread. :)

--Jed
Nakama

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat May 03, 2014 3:03 pm

I've never been too good at keeping up with the meta. I generally check out Hearthpwn, IHearthU, and LiquidHearth, but the meta I mostly only know whant I'm seeing when I play.

As for Hunters, for a while there was one particular deck they almost all ran which was completely to-the-face, but it was losing to Warrior. Then they started mostly running Savannah Highmane and Scavenging Hyena instead of traps, which Warrior had trouble with. But since the reset things seem to have gone a bit crazy, Warlocks have disappeared and I'm seeing all kinds of different Hunter decks.

On another topic, I've been having fun with this Mage deck I threw together. It's not amazing, but it's fun. I was struggling with it for a long time before I realised I needed Ice Block to make it work.

Arcane Missiles x 2
Ice Lance x 2
Mirror Image x 2
Mana Wyrm x 2
Arcane Explosion x 2
Frostbolt x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Sorceror's Apprentice x 2
Arane Intellect x 2
Ice Block x 2
Acolyte of Pain x 1
Fireball x 2
Polymorph x 2
Leeroy Jenkins
Gadgetzan Auctioneer x 1
Flamestrike x 1
Archmage Antonidas
Alexstrasza
Pyroblast x 1

[Edit: Since posting I have replaced the Gadgetzan Auctioneer with a Coldlight Oracle. Cheaper, guaranteed 2 cards drawn, and leaves more small spells to combo with Antonidas. I also removed Acolyte of Pain for Black Knight, because Ancient of War, Sunwalker, and Houndmaster are all over the meta.]

You either get a great early game going with Mana Wyrms, Sorceror's Apprentice, and Mirror Image, or you spend a lot of the game just surviving and keeping things clear until you can stall for a few turns of big burst. One of my favourite things is following a Hunter's Unleash the Hounds with Leeroy + Arcane Explosion.

It could probably be improved upon, mainly around the card draw cards - I'm not sure which way to go. Used to have two Auctioneers, two Acolytes, and two Azure Drakes before I added the Ice Blocks, Pyroblast, and Leeroy. That version had great draw (I once ran out of cards while my opponent had 15 left) but poor reach.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Sun May 04, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Sat May 03, 2014 4:25 pm

My hunter and warlock decks have gone bad after the reset. The hunter deck was never anything special, but the zoo deck was pretty good (if unoriginal).

My rogue deck is still going strong. It loses some games to bad draws and combo locks, ie all my cards are combo cards and I got too few ways to get them rolling (using Eviscerate to trigger combo hurts...)

But often it ticks along nicely. Is 18 damage from hand on turn 6 good?
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun May 04, 2014 2:11 am

Fastest win I've had so far with this Mage deck:

Turn 1 - Mana Wyrm, coin, Mana Wyrm. (Opponent uses hero power.)
Turn 2 - Sorceror's Apprentice, Mirror Image, attack face. (opponent Innervates Druid of the Claw.)
Turn 3 - Polymorph, attack face. (Opponent plays Chillwind Yeti.)
Turn 4 - Ice Block, Arcane Missiles, Mirror Image, attack face. (Opponent dies.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun May 04, 2014 10:04 am

Break out your Black Knights, because the Druids have all started playing double Ancient of War again, and it is a goddamn pain.

Edit: Well, my Mage deck is dead. Far too many Druids on the ladder. Thing I don't get about the meta: How is it things go from no one using a certain deck to literally every player of that class using it in a matter of a couple of hours? Is every other player of this game watching tournament decks so closely that they all pick up the exact same one at the exact same time?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Thing I don't get about the meta: How is it things go from no one using a certain deck to literally every player of that class using it in a matter of a couple of hours? Is every other player of this game watching tournament decks so closely that they all pick up the exact same one at the exact same time?

Streamers and Reddit, I think.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Aubade » Mon May 05, 2014 7:11 am

Does anyone know of a projected Release Date for Android tablets?

I almost NEVER have the time to play on my computer, however I'm really looking forward to playing on my tablet
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 05, 2014 7:14 am

As usual, Blizzard refuse to say anything other than that they're working on it.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games