Remove Advertisements

FFXIV:ARR

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

FFXIV:ARR

Postby Teloc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:07 am

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

So with FFXIV being re-released sometime next year with new gameplay and graphics. Which from what i've seen and played...go go alpha access. It is a lot better. Combat, crafting, gathering, questing are all highly improved. Plus you can jump now.

While the alpha is limited in scope to how much you can play. It is one of the smoothest alpha/betas I have ever played. The fixed so much of the bad in the game. If you at all enjoy the final fantasy series I would look into the re-release.
Teloc

Re: FFXIV:ARR

Postby Teloc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 pm

You can apply for the beta now. Also they posted the opening video. Which is like 8 mins long but the new part is only the last 3mins. The first 5 is of the end of the old game video.

I have really high expectations of this game with the new direction it is going. I recommend everyone who likes the final fantasy name to give it a chance.
Teloc

Re: FFXIV:ARR

Postby Mozen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 am

I was going to play at the original release, but my country needed me (lol) so I played with rifles and AA gun shells instead. By the time I got discharged, everybody knew it was the worst game in the series and I didn't bother. Now it's getting a make-over, I have really high expectations for it.

Things that caught my eye while looking through articles on the internet:
- Dungeon Finder equivalent, auto-matching people for instanced dungeons
- Fate system, sort of an automated world event system
- Housing, nothing like some virtual relaxation in my own virtual villa!
- Armory system, sort of like multi-spec, one character can be all classes
- UI add-ons
- No flying mounts (YAY!)

I see that the beta applications are already closed. Looks like we should hear from the selected folks soon.
Mozen

Return to Other Games