Vanguard

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Vanguard

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:34 am

Does anyone else play this?

I recently picked it up after learning it was f2p, and while the f2p system definitely needs some work, the game itself actually isn't that bad. Had it launched initially with it's current set up, I'd imagine it wouldn't currently be f2p. Sadly, a failed launch generally spells doom for MMOs.

Anywho, dinking around with a Dread Knight and have gotten Adventuring and Diplomacy to lvl 10, with Crafting sitting at lvl 5 (still working on getting it to 10 before I leave the starting isle.)

Pros:
-I like the 3 separate systems, but definitely feel there is room to expand on Diplomacy (and maybe crafting, but I haven't done much with that.)
-Rent-a-pegasus is great. Wish the rental lasted longer so I didn't have to plan my outings around flying back to the vendor to get another one.
-Movement while casting (albeit at a much slower pace) is very nice.
-Different bags/clothing tabs for different things (adventuring, crafting, diplomacy, harvesting and mounts.)
-Fairly in-depth crafting system (that's kinda fun starting out, though will possibly get incredibly tiresome later)

Cons:
-Mostly, the f2p system. I can only get certain races/classes past lvl 20 without spending money, which I understand is an incentive to spend money, but unlike other f2p games I've played... there is no alternate path to unlocking things (like DDO awards store points for favor/rep levels, and even unlocks the classes/races for that server upon reaching certain total amounts.)
-Character creation options. There are a LOT of sliders, but they don't really do much to change the actual character's appearance. I can't be a lanky dude, but if I want to be muscular or fat, I'm all kinds of covered.
-Diplomacy/Crafting systems are very newbie unfriendly.

I could probably add more to these, but I'll stop here for now.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Other Games