Wildstar

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Wildstar

Postby sahiel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:55 am

What servers are people playing on, most of my WoW and SWtOR friends conglomerated on Stormtalon so we have a bunch there (mostly Dominion but some filthy Exiles :P).

So far absolutely loving the game, even more fun than beta was and I'm really liking the mini dungeon adventures as well as the holocrypt ones with multiple choices of what to do in them, both things I specifically avoided in the beta so they would be fresh for me on launch.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby _Chloe » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:03 am

Adventure's are fun. Just wait until you do War of the Wilds. It's a DOTA style adventure with minions, towers, etc.

Oh we're on Stormtalon too... Freedom in Exile

_Chloe

Postby Koatanga » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Is Wildstar in release now, or still Beta? If it's release, is there a demo or do you have to fork out the bucks to see if you like it or not?
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Torquemada » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 am

This looks very interesting, though I can't pick up a copy at least until my graduate capstone is done this summer.

On the one hand I usually play "bad guys" like Horde/Sith, on the other hand, I'm a Browncoat and they come off waaaaaay too strongly like the Alliance. On the other hand, there seems to be a preponderance of furries on Exile side. Not sure which way I'd go.

From all I've seen this isn't maybe offering the personal storyline that SWTOR promised, but seems to be very interesting in revamping some MMO concepts. People happy with their purchases thus far compared to say ESO or SWTOR?
Torquemada

Postby culhag » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Koatanga wrote:Is Wildstar in release now, or still Beta? If it's release, is there a demo or do you have to fork out the bucks to see if you like it or not?

There was ten days of open beta back in May. I hadn't really followed the game before that but after trying it I pre-ordered.

It was officially released on June 3rd.

For now the only way to try before you buy is to grab a 7-days pass from someone who bought the game. Everyone gets three passes to give away.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:14 pm

I've already given my passes away or I'd be happy to throw them up on here, definitely liking the difficulty curve in the dungeons, though some people are having trouble learning to stay near enough the healer to keep in the tele's it seems from my experience >.<

Very much looking forwards to War of the Wilds, I've seen a ton of people saying how much fun it is!

I'm more than happy with it so far, it's not ground breakingly new by any means but there is a lot of smaller, nice changes throughout the game that along with the mechanics and story just make the whole thing very fun (and remarkably easy to jump in for 30 mins and still accomplish something if that's all the time you have).
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby _Chloe » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 am

If anyone wants a guest pass let me know. I still have a couple to give out.

@Torquemada: I beta tested both ESO and SWTOR and didn't purchase either upon release. I've bought an extra month of game time for Wildstar already, just waiting to see how sticky the game ends up being with other people. I don't think I'll be heading back to WoW anytime soon even with WoD dropping.
_Chloe

Postby Odius » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:42 pm

_Chloe wrote:If anyone wants a guest pass let me know. I still have a couple to give out.

I'd be interested in a guest pass if you have any left. I tried to send a pm but not sure if it went through or not.
Odius
Maintankadonor

Postby _Chloe » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Yes it did. Check your inbox.
_Chloe

Postby Torquemada » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:44 am

Been testing out the classes based on a free trial from a friend. Granted I could only get to level 20, but I feel like I'm getting a good feel for the basics of how the different classes work.

-Stalker: I normally don't play stealth classes, but this seemed the most fun class for soloing. Plus it has a tank option, so I would be tempted to try it later on.
-Warrior: tried this first, can be set up to play a LOT like a WoW warrior. At least at low levels it seemed to have little to offer for ranged pulls, which was hurting me for getting to some quest mobs. Meh.
Engineer: really couldn't get into it at low level, lost interest quickly.
-Esper: seems counter-intuitive to the whole idea of telegraphed combat, since a number of their abilities are channeled, i.e. you can't move. It would seem to me like that would kill their DPS in raids and adventures, and severely hamper them in PVP.
-Spellslinger: seemed rather fun, and I enjoyed the ability to move more than as an Esper.
-Medic: Didn't try.

I also tried the 4 paths. I could really pass on ever having a Settler, didn't seem fun at all. The Soldier paths felt like they got repetitive really quickly, the Scientist stuff was fun but didn't really appeal. If I had multiple toons I'd probably mix it up but Explorer seemed like the most fun for my play style.

I still have until Sunday to play around, but as I have a lot of writing for my capstone, I might sit and wait until I see if it retains popularity going into Fall/Winter.
Torquemada

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:44 am

Note: I haven't played the game at all, but was reading up on some of the classes recently... so read below with that in mind.
Torquemada wrote:-Esper: seems counter-intuitive to the whole idea of telegraphed combat, since a number of their abilities are channeled, i.e. you can't move. It would seem to me like that would kill their DPS in raids and adventures, and severely hamper them in PVP.

Sounds like you tested the "Stationary Nuke" Esper.
According to the wikia... there are two other flavors of Esper:
Mobile Controller Espers - wading into the thick of the battlefield to herd and handle crowds, relying on their life stealing to stay alive
Healer Espers - using their large arsenal of targeted heals, buffs, and HoTs to keep their allies alive. They are the most like healers from other games

The Stationary Nuke sounds like it would just take good knowledge of the fight to properly plan out where to stand. The Mobile Controller sounds like it would be good for PvP. Leaving the Healer to play either/or.

Also, this part of the description has me entirely sold on the class (prior to reading some of the others XD):
And if you ever dreamed of transforming into a health-restoring, rainbow-pooping spirit animal? BOOM.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Other Games