Remove Advertisements

The Secret World

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: The Secret World

Postby Paxen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Sagara wrote:To go more into detail, you can either suck Scenarios until your soul bleeds Filth, or you can buy the parallel stories pack (the latest, non-issue linked one) and then you'll have access to a "Counterfeit" permit for 1mil Pax.

Hmm, so you need that counterfeit thingy to access Tokyo? I'm lucky, in that I spent a lot of time soloing the signet missions (mostly to see if I could), and the signets have earned me a few million pax.

I'm still going to hold off on judging funcom until I see what they actually require to get into Tokyo.

Also, that's odd, I just checked the in-game shop, issue 5 is still paying, 750 credit (still less than the other 1200 credits, though).

Hmm, then I guess it's only free for me since I was a subscriber up until they went B2P. Now that you mention it, I think maybe Freeborn was one of the rewards for staying subscribed until the switch.

I guess I'm mostly pissed that once again, if I even want to see what's left of the content, it's going to be either grind to death, or find a cabal, bond myself to yet another schedule, something I threw out the window 6 months ago to be available to my kid. I can't wait for Bioware to finish with DA3 right now. At least I don't *need* people around to enjoy their game.

If I wanted a fun group romp, I'd have stayed playing Mage around dice and pencil, thank you very much.

I've had a lot of fun with tSW as a solo game, and I'm not going to stop now.

I can feel your pain, though. If you don't think mission packs are worth the money, it gets expensive to get into Tokyo.

(If you do buy the pack for the missions, my best tips for quickly getting pax is doing signet missions and selling the signets on the AH.)
Paxen

Re: The Secret World

Postby Paxen » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Finally got around to Tokyo! I've been playing TSW again for a few weeks, but I've been levelling a new char with friends (we're aiming for running all the dungeons). Today they're all boring and not online so I started Tokyo.

First, there is a way to get in without grinding, assuming that you have 1M pax (or can get it without grinding). I spent a while running signet missions just to see if I could, so I had ~4M pax lying around (the right green signet can sell for a lot). Not to mention that the mission chain issues (#5-7) also reward signets. Anyways, getting in to Tokyo requires issue 8 any way you look at it (for Venice), but if you want to skip the scenario grind you also need Sidestories (which is worth it on it's own IMHO). That unlocks a vendor in the Sunken Library (Venice) that sells Forged Council's Seal for 1M pax. This lets you proceed with the story mission from issue #8 and gets you into Tokyo.

I'm still ambivalent on the Aegis system. Currently it's more annoying than challenging, but we'll see how it works out. Tokyo is very doable in greenish gear (I have two 10.1 epics and a blue weapon, rest is greens), and I get to use hinders again! (Took them out of my deck for signet/nightmare missions, everything was immune). The story so far is interesting.

There is one key mission, Tower Defense, that you want to run 3 times asap (taking a week since it has a 3 day cooldown). I ran it at the same time as another dude, so I don't know how hard it is. There were lots and lots of mobs, bring aoe, but you also need single target (and you won't get time to switch decks). Could be annoying. The reason you want to run it three times is so that you get an extra set of Aegis controllers. I really want one of each for each weapon...
Paxen

Previous

Return to Other Games