Remove Advertisements

The My Little Pony thread.

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: The My Little Pony thread.

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:46 pm

it made me lol she carried her OCD to the weather... trying to control it in aesthetically pleasing patterns.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Anything looks good on white...

The funny thing is, we're basically back to the late rumor period - no one freaking KNOWS what this whole Alicorn/Princess stuff implies, seeing they are so rare. We can only conjecture based on the three we have. In other words, we have to wait till the next season.

My intuition is as follows - The season will start with a two parter that present a great threat on par with the main vilains. Twilight will have to realise she's only powerful with her friends. Going on a limb, I'm thinking Starwirl is coming back, and will serve as a dark side of the coin to express exactly how Twi has to remain humble, and thus close to her friends that root her to the world.

In fact, had I been somewhere on the story team. i'd open the season with -ANOTHER- Alicorn showing up, some sort of Nightmare Twilight, channeling her OCD and smugness in some sort of tyranate. Even Celestia and Luna are baffled, Nightmare Moon is mentionned, Nightmare/Twilight is defeated by the Mane 6 settling the core trouble of Twilight's change, and we wait a whole season. THEN the season ends with Starswirl showing his hand as being behind Nightmare Moon/Twilight.

If Celestia mentions Starswirl is from AFTER her own alicornification, well, maybe "Starswirl" existed before his appearance, and he showed up only to sow trouble with super-duper powerful spells, and his masterpiece, a borked spell mimiking the Alicornification, but designed as a clever trap for aspiring alicorns.

Hmm... Urge to fanfic... rising... >_<
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Lauren Faust said that she had different plans for the show, including a completely different story for twilight...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:39 pm

So maybe there's a spell turning Spike into a ponysaur and he takes Twilight's place while a spin-off series follows Twilight on her alicorn adventures where the pressure of her new responsibilities flips her into a rebellious princess who falls into bad company and develops a habit for bad grass.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:59 pm

I was honestly hoping someone would replace Twilight... I dunno, Lyra or Trixie is now part of the mane 6 instead...

In fact, in my headcanon, Twilight died... the coronation was just a dying hallucination, and S4 has Peyton Manning replacing Twilight as the leader of the mane 6
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I was honestly hoping someone would replace Twilight... I dunno, Lyra or Trixie is now part of the mane 6 instead...

In fact, in my headcanon, Twilight died... the coronation was just a dying hallucination, and S4 has Peyton Manning replacing Twilight as the leader of the mane 6

Well that's dark :-/ You really shouldn't let yours fears of her stealing the spotlight color your thoughts. We need the openeer of Season 4 to sort things throught.

Around the third episode or so, we'll see how the dynamic will have evolved. Or not, for that matter - the dynamic can remain the same, as Twilight has only proven herself to 1) have wings, 2) be on the "next level" (of what? Power? Even Power is not always the answer. In fact, it rarely is in the series.

She'll got some soft humble pie when S4 starts, me thinks.

Sagara

Postby Era » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Let's hope it doesn't turn into an anime-style power-fest where things just scale out of proportions. :roll:

I'm definitely curious to see where this goes, and I see that it COULD be a bad thing, but it doesn't have to be. If it's handled right, it won't matter. There's always been a slight imbalance in power, Twilight has always sort of been the leader figure, she's got the crown/tiara of the elements, and she's by far more powerful than the others when it comes to magical prowess. Like Sagara says, mandatory handout of humble-pie and things should be mostly back on track. For now.

They've got a good thing going with this show, really hope they won't be another example of people trying to fix shit that ain't broken.

On a side note: I really wish we could get an episode exploring more of Rarity's magical powers. I feel the fact that she's actually a unicorn often gets put in the shadow of her fashion/classy aspects.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fenris » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm

So,since we went to the dark- side,i'll add a bit of depression to it

http://hungrylen.deviantart.com/art/Bes ... -354767949

Because it's actually canon when you think about it
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Sagara » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Fenris wrote:So,since we went to the dark- side,i'll add a bit of depression to it

http://hungrylen.deviantart.com/art/Bes ... -354767949

Because it's actually canon when you think about it

First things first, this artist forgot to add Spike ;-)

But also, and I think that's something that has been missing from the show - friendships always implies goodbyes, one way or another. We've all lost people we are close to.

That'd also be interesting to explore - having someone fairly important leave for good. Probably Cadence/Shining Armor, as that would double up as a symbol of lost childhood. Right now, losing anyone from the Mane6 would cause flamestorm of Biblical proportion (and be a bad move, story-wise). Maybe Celestia and Luna ascend? That would shake things up something fierce, as long as they find a way to explain why people wouldn't look up to Twilight with the former rulers gone.

You know, the little scenarist in me is having a massive story boner with this episode. Only thing I would have loved more was to make this a two-parter, with S3 stopping when Twilight's Mark appeared in the night sky. *To be continued* *Cue happy music theme and gigantic shitstorm*

Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:09 am

That would be very TNG, seeing how one of the best cliffhangers was when one of their seasons ends with Picard as Locutus of Borg and telling Riker he's gonna blow up the Enterprise
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:45 am

Oh yes. That. was. SOMETHING.

Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:49 am

Not sure if this has been posted here already or not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWIJPe912ic

For some reason, it cracks me up.

Love the King in Yellow shout out.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 am

a minor "oh snap"
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 am

Aaaaaand points lost with me. Sounds more like trying to lash out at a former boss than anything else.

Sagara

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:43 am

Maybe it'll be like that season of Stargate SG1 where Daniel Jackson ascended and then was kicked out because he helped us lowly humans.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games